People in the medical field really need a phone like the passport. A wide screen durable beast with a keyboard and less destructions. Are there any rumours on wide screens from blackberry?
    05-26-17 12:29 PM
    Not from bbry,i guess.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 12:50 PM
    Wouldn't bet money on it. But I wish it would happen

Sent from my 10 Passort SE
    05-26-17 12:50 PM
    People in the medical field really need a phone like the passport. A wide screen durable beast with a keyboard and less destructions. Are there any rumours on wide screens from blackberry?
    According to video podcast a while back with a top notch blackberry executive they actually discussed this. There are no plans to build a passport android device in the works
    05-26-17 01:08 PM
    I would rather see them continue tweaking BB10 than Passport 2.0 at this point. Sorry I don't feel I need a new Passport.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    moneycollector54 likes this.
    05-26-17 01:10 PM
    I am very disappointed in BlackBerry. They should focus more on making productivity products than following trends. They should focus on BBos, that way they can make very original devices.
    05-26-17 01:20 PM
    I am very disappointed in BlackBerry. They should focus more on making productivity products than following trends. They should focus on BBos, that way they can make very original devices.
    Yeah, screw devices normies might want, let's add more fuel to the fire that burned a several billion-dollar hole in BB's pocket.

Not that it matters now, in-house device development is as dead as a doornail.
    Witmen and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    05-26-17 01:23 PM
    BlackBerry is a software company. The device business was shuttered along with all of the people and infrastructure.

Talk to TCL, PT BB Merah Putih, or Optiemus Infracom.
    05-26-17 01:35 PM
    http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/9169572
    I am sure those BB engineering chaps let out of the door were also disappointed. Just check the headcount. Who is left to do the device? As for bbos7, it is good for low bandwidth country, but with 5G in the window, NA the largest market moved on. As for the 3rd world countries that need and benefit with data compression, unfortunately, the profit is very little for 15 dollar per month. (the bandwidth hog like iPhone is not popular in those places not only for price, but also for the lack of infrastructure) .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by stlabrat; 05-29-17 at 12:35 AM.
    05-26-17 01:38 PM
    Makes me a little curious if third party manufacturers would consider an idea of a newer, better Passport to design and produce. But I don't think BlackBerry gives out licenses as easily to anyone. If I did, I would worry a heck more on the structural integrity and material choices.. as for the software, slightly tweaked BB10 with newer Android Runtime or simply just BlackBerry's flavor of Android?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 07:02 PM
    Makes me a little curious if third party manufacturers would consider an idea of a newer, better Passport to design and produce. But I don't think BlackBerry gives out licenses as easily to anyone. If I did, I would worry a heck more on the structural integrity and material choices.. as for the software, slightly tweaked BB10 with newer Android Runtime or simply just BlackBerry's flavor of Android?

Posted via CB10
    No company or consortium has ever approached BlackBerry to licence BB10.

The use of Google-approved Android software precludes updating the Android Runtime on another software platform.

The Passport's 1:1 ratio is not permitted by Google.
    05-28-17 07:09 PM
    Doubt it. BB10 is dead.
    05-28-17 11:07 PM
    I do miss the width. I don't miss the OS limitations.
    05-29-17 06:15 AM
    Yes there will be when the bb11 is launched.

Bush did bb10
    05-30-17 05:13 AM
    Maybe there will be an Android phone with the Passport's width and a 3:2 screen ratio, if people can get past the phablet size.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 06:43 AM

The Passport's 1:1 ratio is not permitted by Google.
    Which is not something I understand very well. Why would they rule out any screen ratio. If a manufacturer like BlackBerry Mobile decides they would want to give it a go then why not?
    Seems a bit close minded of Google

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 02:23 PM
    Which is not something I understand very well. Why would they rule out any screen ratio. If a manufacturer like BlackBerry Mobile decides they would want to give it a go then why not?
    Seems a bit close minded of Google

Posted via CB10
    Because it is in their best interest to maintain some standards for the platform to make it easier for Developers. It also keeps some consistency across apps.

See material design.
    05-30-17 02:27 PM
    Because it is in their best interest to maintain some standards for the platform to make it easier for Developers. It also keeps some consistency across apps.

See material design.
    Good point yet BlackBerry was able to pull it off so why not just allow it. Restrictions only hinder innovation. Possible someone could come up with a "work around" for certain applications if needed.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 02:46 PM
    Good point yet BlackBerry was able to pull it off so why not just allow it. Restrictions only hinder innovation. Possible someone could come up with a "work around" for certain applications if needed.

Posted via CB10
    Well, that's what they decided. 4:3 minimum.
    05-30-17 02:49 PM
    Well, that's what they decided. 4:3 minimum.
    That's really too bad. And coming from a company that prides itself on living outside of the box........

Oh wait I think I just made a funny ha ha. They are cause the box is 1:1
    Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 03:03 PM
    Hi hance android is open source we could fork it and allow devs to use 1:1 in it just with some new branding
    Like lineage os
    Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 04:35 PM
    Hi hance android is open source we could fork it and allow devs to use 1:1 in it just with some new branding
    Like lineage os
    Posted via CB10
    Bye bye Google Play Services, Store, and apps.

See: Fire OS.
    05-30-17 04:48 PM
    Well that is a little bit down side but with some proper patching everything should be fine!
    + we can use AOSP!
    Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 05:41 PM
    In a word, no.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 03:53 AM
    Maybe there will be an Android phone with the Passport's width and a 3:2 screen ratio, if people can get past the phablet size.

Posted via CB10

I hope this will be the Keytwo - rougly iPhone 7 Plus size

(I looked at Keyone on day one at selfridges - but it was too small after the Passport)

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 05:49 AM
26 12