I was reading about the Apple IOS becoming infected with malware on jail broken iphones and am wondering if there is a similar danger if I download the Snap app on my blackberry passport.
    11-13-14 09:29 PM
    I've had zero trouble...

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:37 PM
    I think more of a concern is privacy. Google wants your info!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    gkholmes1968 likes this.
    11-13-14 09:37 PM
    I was reading about the Apple IOS becoming infected with malware on jail broken iphones and am wondering if there is a similar danger if I download the Snap app on my blackberry passport.
    Sand boxes and signed modules. Very unlikely.
    gkholmes1968 likes this.
    11-13-14 09:38 PM
    If you jailbreak your IPhone all bets are off.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 11:27 PM
    I trust Snap as a whole. After all, it is just Google Play for your BlackBerry, and if there were any issues with it, I would hope they would have been discovered by now.

If you are installing applications from credible companies on Snap (ex. Netflix, Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.) then you you should be fine. However, if you're installing sketchy things like flashlight applications, Candy Crush ripoffs, etc., then you're just asking for trouble.

If you're still superstitious about Snap, you could always just get your Android applications from the Amazon App Store. They do have a smaller selection though.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    gkholmes1968 likes this.
    11-14-14 01:05 AM
    I trust Snap as a whole. After all, it is just Google Play for your BlackBerry, and if there were any issues with it, I would hope they would have been discovered by now.

If you are installing applications from credible companies on Snap (ex. Netflix, Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.) then you you should be fine. However, if you're installing sketchy things like flashlight applications, Candy Crush ripoffs, etc., then you're just asking for trouble.

If you're still superstitious about Snap, you could always just get your Android applications from the Amazon App Store. They do have a smaller selection though.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Very good points and the best defense to getting spyware on your device is using "common sense" when installing apps.
    Last edited by bakron1; 11-14-14 at 06:16 AM.
    howarmat and gkholmes1968 like this.
    11-14-14 03:54 AM
    thanks for the advice. I will be selective in my app choices.
    11-14-14 09:14 AM
    If you're in 10.3 or up, I suggest you to turn on the blackberry guardian scan. It basically scans every app that the source is not BlackBerry world and I think amazon app store now too. It really could make you fell more comfortable when downloading android apps.

Posted via CB10
    gkholmes1968 likes this.
    11-14-14 10:37 AM
    If you're in 10.3 or up, I suggest you to turn on the blackberry guardian scan. It basically scans every app that the source is not BlackBerry world and I think amazon app store now too. It really could make you fell more comfortable when downloading android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Not every app ....but ok it does half the job fine
    11-14-14 02:14 PM