So I walked into a pool with my phone in my pocket, unbelievable... And it stopped working obviously. However I have really important information saved in my notes on the phone, I'd like to retrieve. The red light lights up when I plug it in the charger, does that mean anything? Is there absolutely anything I could do? Every and all possible options to get it back I'm willing to do.
    04-18-16 01:02 AM
    Is the phone recognized if you connect to BBLINK on your PC?...probably not but worth a try.
    Keep it plugged in to a wall charger and hopefully that red LED may show some signs of life.
    I suppose you can try the bag of rice trick but may be easier to go to cell repair shop and have them troubleshoot your device.
    Karim Kanbour likes this.
    04-18-16 01:23 AM
    So I walked into a pool with my phone in my pocket, unbelievable... And it stopped working obviously. However I have really important information saved in my notes on the phone, I'd like to retrieve. The red light lights up when I plug it in the charger, does that mean anything? Is there absolutely anything I could do? Every and all possible options to get it back I'm willing to do.
    The. Million dollar question. When did you last back up your handset?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 01:58 AM
    Google how to dry your phone. You shouldn't be trying to turn it on until its fully dry.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    Karim Kanbour and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-18-16 02:12 AM
    Is the phone recognized if you connect to BBLINK on your PC?...probably not but worth a try.
    Keep it plugged in to a wall charger and hopefully that red LED may show some signs of life.
    I suppose you can try the bag of rice trick but may be easier to go to cell repair shop and have them troubleshoot your device.
    no it isnt, i connected it to my computer and it only indicated the red light again but couldnt be recognized. im hoping the rice works but im if it doesnt im willing to go to extreme measures to get the information.
    04-18-16 03:15 AM
    it must have been a few months ago but the memos never saved to my sd card. in fact i couldnt determine where on the phone it stores so im ssuming its internal. if i recall, there was never an option to sellect where they save, external or interal
    04-18-16 03:17 AM
    There are many suggested recovery techniques and I honestly don't know which is best.
    These fellows suggest SILICA GEL if available..stands to reason but may not be readily available.

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=77-whCga

I've used compressed air and a hair dryer with some success but the non-removable PP battery will pose a challenge. It appears you've got nothing to lose at this point so open it up and remove what you can. Let it sit in the desiccant of your choice for a few days...try and charge it for several hours thereafter and hopefully there is some return.
    If not then have a cell repair shop determine if it's salvageable with a battery replacement.
    Good luck.
    04-18-16 12:05 PM
    04-18-16 12:06 PM