Hi everyone. I was wondering if I can cause any damage to the battery or to the device itself if I dont turn on the phone after a fully first time charging. The reason why I dont want to turn it on now is that I dont want to create a new BlackBerry ID. Im waiting for a memory card in order to transfer there all the pictures and stuff that I have in the current device so I can be able to do a security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 06:59 PM
    No problem. Your Passport ensures there is a proper charging condition.
    11-17-16 08:27 PM
    Doesn't the phone turn itself on as soon as you plug it in?

That was something that I was always confused about... when getting a new phone - and this goes back to my first BlackBerry, the Pearl 8100 - the instructions always said to charge the phone before turning it on. Yet, the first thing that Pearl did when I plugged it in was boot up. Same with my next BlackBerry, the Torch 9800, and same with the Z10. AT&T instructions always said to charge first, yet that's not possible.

I only assume that the Passport works the same way. It would boot up as soon as it's plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 10:21 PM
    Nope not problem at all. You get another New Passport?
    11-17-16 10:32 PM
    Doesn't the phone turn itself on as soon as you plug it in?

That was something that I was always confused about... when getting a new phone - and this goes back to my first BlackBerry, the Pearl 8100 - the instructions always said to charge the phone before turning it on. Yet, the first thing that Pearl did when I plugged it in was boot up. Same with my next BlackBerry, the Torch 9800, and same with the Z10. AT&T instructions always said to charge first, yet that's not possible.

I only assume that the Passport works the same way. It would boot up as soon as it's plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    Nope with the passport that didnt happen. It was flashing the yellow light showing that is charging while the device was off.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 10:55 PM
    Nope with the passport that didnt happen. It was flashing the yellow light showing that is charging while the device was off.
    As with other BB10 devices though, if you plug it in to a computer when it is off, it will start up.
    11-17-16 11:10 PM
    Actually, I had it all wrong.

It's the fact that when you get a new phone out of the package, the battery is not installed, but in a separate bag in the box. Once you place the battery in the phone, it boots up immediately. There is no chance to charge it first as the instructions always say.

That's the situation I was thinking of. Not with the battery already in the phone and the phone is off.

Sorry about that.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 11:18 PM
    Nope not problem at all. You get another New Passport?
    Yep another passport and it is the SE. I love the form factor it is beautiful. I didnt turn it on yet even after I charged it fully. As u say it should be no problem right?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 07:40 PM