I have been torn between choosing a Classic or a Passport for the past month.

The only thing that scares me is the size of Passport. I am a girl with smaller hands. I am afraid I will be tired of carrying it on the go for typing etc. I know Passport has much better specs than Classic, but if a phone is not comfortable to hold/use, makes fingers sore after a day of use, I don't think it is worth it. (sorry if I offend any passport fans, this is just my personal opinion)

Please share your experiences with the passport if you have smaller hands. How have you been liking it?

Thank you!!
    12-06-15 08:29 PM
    I have been torn between choosing a Classic or a Passport for the past month.

The only thing that scares me is the size of Passport. I am a girl with smaller hands. I am afraid I will be tired of carrying it on the go for typing etc. I know Passport has much better specs than Classic, but if a phone is not comfortable to hold/use, makes fingers sore after a day of use, I don't think it is worth it. (sorry if I offend any passport fans, this is just my personal opinion)

Please share your experiences with the passport if you have smaller hands. How have you been liking it?

Thank you!!
    Is it possible for you to physically try them both side by side? People's experience is subjective, to each of their own. So, if you are able to try and play with both phones, that would be the ultimate deciding factor for you.

Assuming you carry a handbag with you, try to see if the passport fits any of the "phone compartment" in your handbag. I'd avoid putting the passport (or any phones) together with other stuffs, especially with keys, coins, or other stuffs that could possibly scratch the phone. Or, if you put it in your pockets, try to see if the phones fit in your "favorite" pants, and walk around while the phone is in your pocket. Try to squat down, sit, walk, kick, run etc lol. Find out which phones you feel most comfortable with, if comfort is the deciding factor for you.

All in all, go to the stores which have both demo unit phones, and try them..try them hard! =D
    00stryder and ahlescrocro like this.
    12-06-15 09:53 PM
    As a rather tiny girl myself, I personally have no problems with the size. Pockets on my pants seem to be adequate enough, surprisingly. Surprisingly, I carry no handbag because I'm stubborn like that, so I can't say.

However, before I got the Passport, I initially worried it'd be too big, so I tried it out at the store. I, and most others, probably, definitely recommend checking it out in person if you can to see if it's manageable. I took a bit of time to check out the Classic, too, and I can definitely see why some would choose it over the Passport if it comes down to form factor.

On the other hand, typing in bed can be a bit tiring, not surprisingly. So if you do a lot of typing in bed (not sure why you would, to be honest, but that's just me, and I admittedly do type in bed a fair bit), then the Classic might be better for you. Other than that, definitely no problems at all in my case. Love this phone!

Posted via CB10
    ahlescrocro likes this.
    12-06-15 10:36 PM
    My girlfriend has one, no issues so far. But she's 5'9.

I think no one can really use this device one handed, but with both hands everything is fine.

Posted via CB10
    ahlescrocro likes this.
    12-06-15 11:15 PM
    I'm a smaller girl, only 5'4" and my hands are small. I actually had no reservations about the size of the phone, in fact once I saw the screen and the large keyboard, all doubt was erased. I had to have it.

I have had a Curve 8330, Torch 9800, Z10 & Q5 (at the same time) and retired the last two BB10 phones for this Passport. Coming from the Z10 I was worried this huge pkb phone was going to irritate my carpal tunnel like my Torch did, but nope. I notice some strain in my hands from smaller phones due I think, from the stress of having to maneuver on a smaller keyboard with smaller keys. No such problem for me with the Passport.

I will admit holding it took some getting used to. It's a heavy phone, you will develop your own technique.

As for how to carry it. I started out always keeping it in my purse. Then, I discovered some very stylish flip cases and now it's either always in my hand like a clutch, or in my coat pocket. Carrying it is far less of a problem than I thought it would be.

But as far as worrying that your hands are too small, it was never an issue for me. But then, as I've stated, this was love at first sight. I wanted it to work out so badly, and so far it has.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:20 AM
    Thank you! I will probably try to find a store to check them out, although it is not easy to find these phones because I live in Japan. Also, it's nice to find another girl who doesn't carry handbags.
    As a rather tiny girl myself, I personally have no problems with the size. Pockets on my pants seem to be adequate enough, surprisingly. Surprisingly, I carry no handbag because I'm stubborn like that, so I can't say.

However, before I got the Passport, I initially worried it'd be too big, so I tried it out at the store. I, and most others, probably, definitely recommend checking it out in person if you can to see if it's manageable. I took a bit of time to check out the Classic, too, and I can definitely see why some would choose it over the Passport if it comes down to form factor.

On the other hand, typing in bed can be a bit tiring, not surprisingly. So if you do a lot of typing in bed (not sure why you would, to be honest, but that's just me, and I admittedly do type in bed a fair bit), then the Classic might be better for you. Other than that, definitely no problems at all in my case. Love this phone!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:23 AM
    To me the bigger size of the Passport ("work wide") was decisive. All other considerations had to be subordinated. Every coin has two sides, and in most things one has to die a (little) death.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by craggy; 12-07-15 at 02:11 AM.
    12-07-15 12:27 AM
    Got my wife a white Passport for her birthday. She's 4'9". She hasn't complained about the size. In fact, she came from an iPhone 4s.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:44 AM
    I am a guy with relatively small hands but I have no problems at all using the Passport, even one-handed.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 01:16 AM
    My wife is a very petite girl at 4'11" with small hands. Give on idea of size, her middle finger is maybe 3" long. She has had her Passport since June and loves it. No complaints at all about the size.

It is no doubt a two handed device no matter what your hand size. I have found tricks to use one handed when I have no choice but they are not recommended at all as it raises the dropping risk.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    12-07-15 01:23 AM
    From the responses sounds like it should be OK. Of course it is best to test drive if possible. A case will make it even bigger but the Passport is to nice to put in a case anyway.
    12-07-15 02:06 AM
    I consider myself smaller than average around where I live since I'm an Asian. I don't have any problems with my Passport.
    I don't do much of 1 handed operation even when I had Q10 though.
    Once you used to it, you can never go back to anything else.
    Perfect size for reading for everything!

I use tan flip case for it & carry around like little note book either in my hand or my jacket pocket. With this case, looks like note book too.

Only thing is that you don't want to use it lying down at night. When you start dozing off, you'll drop it on your face & it's quite painful....

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 09:48 AM
    You should first try it on the store physically as said earlier on this post. But may be if the product is not available as with me, I tried a dummy piece and tried it putting in my pocket. But ya you may have problem if you pants are tight enough. I have one which now I can't wear anymore. So the better option is trying both the phones personally. But I would suggest BlackBerry Passport. I am very happy with its feature.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 10:47 AM
    Thank you! I will probably try to find a store to check them out, although it is not easy to find these phones because I live in Japan. Also, it's nice to find another girl who doesn't carry handbags.
    Quite often it is difficult to even find a Passport let alone try one out. Just to get an idea, if you have an ACTUAL passport, just play around with that. Gives you a very good idea of the form factor but of course the phone Passport is much heavier.
    ahlescrocro likes this.
    12-07-15 10:58 AM
    Small hands, still occasionally still feel like my SE passport is too big. Overall, the typing and screen make great use of the size and the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Swiping makes occasional one-handed use much better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    12-07-15 02:17 PM
    Girl with small hands here. Hands cramped A LOT the first day and I thought I'd have to return it. By the third day I was extremely comfortable with it. I've only had it for 2 weeks or something. I'm coming from 2 slabs too, it's not like my hands are accustomed to the physical keyboard thing. It's heavy but I came from another heavy device so I don't notice that as much. There is definitely an adjustment period for your hands, but that's pretty normal. I debated the Classic too but I wanted too many Android apps and the capacitive keyboard sounded way too useful (and it's probably my favourite part of the phone now that I have it). I couldn't find a Passport demo phone, I just dove in and hoped for the best... and I figured I have 30 days to decide if I made the right decision since I bought it through Shop BB.
    12-07-15 02:33 PM
    I'm a man with girly hands...wear the same size ring as my petite wife

I can use the passport fine with TWO hands

I can browse cb, reddit, read email and everything like that with one hand.

I CANNOT type with one hand. That means entering searches to the browser, responding to messages, anything where typing is required. If, like me, you're coming from another bb10 phone, you will probably underestimate this...the keyboard is the only one, and it's used more than you would think.

This has meant a few things

1...I use the flick words more often than I did on my Z10 (it's better on the passport)

2...I use voice control to respond to texts (again this works better than it did on my Z10, which I could never get to reliably transcribe my voice...must be specs)

3...I don't browse the Internet as much when my sons in my lap...probably a good idea anyway

Go ahead and buy it. It's not as bad as you imagine. I too was nervous about theform factor, so I made a cardboard version and carried it around. Don't worry, it's not embarrassing...there are dozens of us!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 03:30 PM