08-18-15 03:53 AM
195 12345 ...
tools
    Ordered this one from ebay:
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-53...84.m1439.l2649

It finally gets here 2 weeks later and it's shattered with a sharp crease bent in it.

Annoying.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 01:32 PM
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20141129_140806.jpg

Pic

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 01:32 PM
    Tempered glass is not really convenient because of the added protection, but rather to keep the native glass feeling of the naked screen. They also feature better oleophobic coatings for increased protection against fingerprints for example.

Posted via CB10
    They are incredibly convenient due to the added protection!

Drop phone on just plain uncovered screen, if anything will break, it is the screen. (Gorilla Glass is not shatter-proof or scratch-proof, it is merely 'resistant'). Drop phone in same way with glass screen protector on, the protector will break, taking the brunt of the impact, and unless the impact is very severe, it will save the screen from breaking.

So either potentially pay for a new screen and installation etc, or a protector . . . Which would you rather break?
    JORENO likes this.
    11-29-14 07:29 PM
    Contact the seller and see if they will send a replacement.
    linksy likes this.
    11-29-14 08:43 PM
    Seller said he will send a refund.
    Still leave me without a screen protector for the time being

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:14 PM
    Just ordered one from phantom-it's the best to prevent screen from shattering. It'll be back in stock any day now!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 02:01 PM
    Just ordered one from phantom-it's the best to prevent screen from shattering. It'll be back in stock any day now!

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it was ever in stock so I don't know where you got that information from actually. I sent an email to them as well and never got a response. It still just says pre-order only. I won't order until they actually show it in stock.
    12-02-14 02:31 PM
    I preordered one in November. They've answered a couple of my emails, always saying that they're expecting them any day. It's getting a bit long now so I'm going to give them one more week before I contact Visa and have the charges reversed. I'll let the forum know what happens.
    12-03-14 10:28 AM
    It's kind of unfortunate. They seem like a neat small Canadian business, but they are so far showing as very unprofessional. I have a feeling that they are hoping to get a certain number of orders before placing an order with China manufacturing, but with the low volume of Passport devices and an even lower volume of those that would pay for a glass screen protector, I'm afraid that they will never fill their MOQ.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 10:58 AM
    I returned my Passport that I had gotten from Bell for a couple of reasons. First, the backlighting on the keyboard was very uneven. Second, the phone seemed to get very hot very quickly. I decided not to get a Passport. Then, I saw someone's post here that Rogers matched the Telus special price of $149 and I was able to get a Rogers phone. Night and day. The Rogers device I got is absolutely perfect in every way. I love this phone, even though there are still some app issues for me (SoundHound, Cineplex, Flixster, etc.) but the keyboard is perfect and even, the sound is amazing and all in all it's one of my all-time favorite phones and I've had most all from the old 7xxx series to a Palm Pre, to almost all the BBs in between, Samsung Galaxy 3, 4, Note 2, etc. But I digress. The point of this thread is the tempered glass screen protector.

I have kept the plastic films that are on the PP front and back since I got the phone over a week ago, because until I was 100% positive I was keeping it, I didn't want to make any marks. I decided I want it, so I bought this same tempered glass screen protector that's being discussed here. I have the same one for my iPhone 5S and it is amazing, in fact I think it is better for swiping on the screen than the Gorilla Glass. I just took the plastic off the front of the PP and installed the glass screen protector. It is amazing, the feel is so smooth, and maybe it's my imagination but swiping and gestures seem faster than before.

The cutout for the speaker, as others have mentioned, does seem off center however if you look at it closely it actually is fine. I haven't tried any selfies or anything using the front camera yet but I will soon.

Oh also, installation was a breeze. There were bubbles under the protector, however just by pressing down on the protector and moving my finger to the outer edge, they disappeared immediately, and it's perfect.

One HUGE complaint - the directions on the back of the box. What were they thinking? The box is a dark green/brown color and they use a dark (almost black) font on the back of the box, probably 7 or 8 pt. It is virtually useless without a magnifying glass and flashlight.

Bottom line - a fantastic investment.
    Last edited by andy957; 12-03-14 at 03:08 PM.
    12-03-14 02:50 PM
    How your tempered glass fit in the rounded edges of the screen? If you can post pics would be awesome, thanks!

I returned my Passport that I had gotten from Bell for a couple of reasons. First, the backlighting on the keyboard was very uneven. Second, the phone seemed to get very hot very quickly. I decided not to get a Passport. Then, I saw someone's post here that Rogers matched the Telus special price of $149 and I was able to get a Rogers phone. Night and day. The Rogers device I got is absolutely perfect in every way. I love this phone, even though there are still some app issues for me (SoundHound, Cineplex, Flixster, etc.) but the keyboard is perfect and even, the sound is amazing and all in all it's one of my all-time favorite phones and I've had most all from the old 7xxx series to a Palm Pre, to almost all the BBs in between, Samsung Galaxy 3, 4, Note 2, etc. But I digress. The point of this thread is the tempered glass screen protector.

I have kept the plastic films that are on the PP front and back since I got the phone over a week ago, because until I was 100% positive I was keeping it, I didn't want to make any marks. I decided I want it, so I bought this same tempered glass screen protector that's being discussed here. I have the same one for my iPhone 5S and it is amazing, in fact I think it is better for swiping on the screen than the Gorilla Glass. I just took the plastic off the front of the PP and installed the glass screen protector. It is amazing, the feel is so smooth, and maybe it's my imagination but swiping and gestures seem faster than before.

The cutout for the speaker, as others have mentioned, does seem off center however if you look at it closely it actually is fine. I haven't tried any selfies or anything using the front camera yet but I will soon.

Oh also, installation was a breeze. There were bubbles under the protector, however just by pressing down on the protector and moving my finger to the outer edge, they disappeared immediately, and it's perfect.

One HUGE complaint - the directions on the back of the box. What were they thinking? The box is a dark green/brown color and they use a dark (almost black) font on the back of the box, probably 7 or 8 pt. It is virtually useless without a magnifying glass and flashlight.

Bottom line - a fantastic investment.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:27 PM
    Does the sides lift? The one I got from MFX lifts around the edges since the screen protector is too big/the screen curves down at the sides

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 09:15 PM
    There is no space between the glass and the protector. The are completely flush as if they were melded that way from the factory. I will try to take some pics.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:08 PM
    Andy, so look forward to your picture. Been trying to find one but all have air gaps

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:48 AM
    Looking forward to pics as well. The Passport is the first phone that I've trouble fitting a screen protector. The sides always lift. I will definitely get one of these if it fits perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 04:32 PM
    Here to. I have just been finding ones on ebay from China. Let's see those pics!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-05-14 04:36 PM
    Waiting for the pictures

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:46 AM
    Here's one pic taken from iPhone 5S. Not great so close up but I'll try to take more. Note its in a TETDED wallet case. Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1417885357.937952.jpg
    12-06-14 11:02 AM
    i have the sikai from ebay and the edges have lifted a bit

Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_3328.jpg
    12-06-14 12:55 PM
    Here's one pic taken from iPhone 5S. Not great so close up but I'll try to take more. Note its in a TETDED wallet case. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1417885357.937952.jpg 
Views:	3618 
Size:	857.9 KB 
ID:	319019
    Would you mind taking another picture of one of the sides of the screen? I'd like to know if the protector lifts on the rounded edges like that one on the follow up post!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 02:54 AM
    Yes Andy, please do. Would love to see a clear pic of the sides. Thanks in advance.

Via CB10, Passport 10.3.1.1154
    12-12-14 01:50 PM
    I got one from Esource Parts it was $19.99

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:04 PM
    Could someone post more pictures please
    12-15-14 07:07 PM
    The ones offered by BlackBerry for the pp is pretty good. I like them

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:29 PM
    I bought one from Ebay and it was a disaster. Horrible fit. The glass was overhanging the curve edges and destroyed the smooth swiping experience. Took it off after a minute and threw in the bin. Very disappointed, waited a few days for the laminated glass protector, was well packaged but it was a failure. Poor fit. If it was a little smaller, it would have worked. I'll try and find the item and repost.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:30 PM
195 12345 ...