I wish someone would make a proper glass protector. These pastic protectors suck
    05-03-15 10:44 AM
    To my knowledge the AT&T Passport has a completely flat screen surface without any curved edges. So tempered glass protectors should work fine on this model anyways, without any sizing issues.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know the unlocked one wasn't "flat"... Is that part of the screen lifting issues I see on here? I've had no issues with att model. Good to know about the seidio protector, it's a bit expensive so I didn't want to buy it and not have it fit correctly.
    05-03-15 11:50 AM
    I didn't know the unlocked one wasn't "flat"... Is that part of the screen lifting issues I see on here? I've had no issues with att model. Good to know about the seidio protector, it's a bit expensive so I didn't want to buy it and not have it fit correctly.
    If you take a look at some closeup pics of the Passport, you can see the sides of the glass are curved or rounded, which renders problematic for inflexible glass protectors, the standard plastic protectors are more flexible so they have less problems fitting at the sides.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 12:02 PM
    I ordered a Seidio Tempered Glass protector for my ATT Passport. It installed extremely easily, much easier than a standard plastic protector. However I ended up removing it after two days. I really didn't like the feel of the tempered glass compared to the device's glass. It was far less smooth to the touch and there was too much resistance on the fingers.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 12:24 PM
    I hate to ask but did you have the right side up? I'm not sure if both sides would be same smoothness, but I was really hoping the seidio one would be really nice for the price.

So what's the current "recommended" tempered glass for the att model? I can't tell on some of the past pages but they look like they mostly refer to the unlocked version
    05-03-15 12:29 PM
    I did indeed use the correct side. The side that goes onto the device has a thin layer of adhesive that allows the protector to apply very easily.

Don't get me wrong, the screen protector definitely felt high quality. It was just as soon as you got finger grease on it, it would lose all smoothness. I found it was most like the default screen after I A) Washed my hands and B) Cleaned the screen. As you can see, in the real world your phone won't be clean all the time.

It could just be me though. If you've got the money I encourage you to try it out

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:08 PM
    Hm, if you don't mind could you try an experiment on the screen protector if you have the supplies? I'm not sure how it works on the screen protector (so don't try it on the screen directly :S) but if the glass protector is just not "smooth" or just sticky, could you apply a little bit of rain-x (original formula is best imo). It's suppose to repel water and oils, which might help with the smoothness. I don't know if this extra treatment of the glass would hurt the already treated glass (which is why I said to avoid putting it on phone screen directly).

I use it on my mirrors in bathroom, windows in house and generally all over the car , it seems like it might help.

I have to wait until next month or so before I get the seidio cover since I want to use the money on something else this month
    05-03-15 03:25 PM
    I should check in more often - I have the original BB Passport
    05-05-15 06:00 PM
    That's true. When I was using the Z30 without a screen protector, I could see small scratches forming. I ended up using a tempered glass protector that was made for the HTC M8

Posted via CB10
    Z30 isn't Gorilla glass and scratches much easier. I have a TGSP and it works great. (after getting a scratch)
    05-14-15 07:27 AM
    I have both the AT&T version and the Unlocked Red Passport. Seidio makes a tempered glass protector for both of them. The AT&T protector fits perfectly and covers more of the display than the unlocked one. They are both silky smooth. Can't tell the difference between the display by itself or with the protector.

I might remove the unlocked one because it barely covers the part of the display that lights up so there is more of a noticeable ridge between the display and the protector. If you have the AT&T version it is a go. If you have the unlocked version I would say probably wait for another brand of protector.
    06-18-15 06:09 PM
    I have both the AT&T version and the Unlocked Red Passport. Seidio makes a tempered glass protector for both of them. The AT&T protector fits perfectly and covers more of the display than the unlocked one. They are both silky smooth. Can't tell the difference between the display by itself or with the protector.

I might remove the unlocked one because it barely covers the part of the display that lights up so there is more of a noticeable ridge between the display and the protector. If you have the AT&T version it is a go. If you have the unlocked version I would say probably wait for another brand of protector.
    can you take pictures of both side by side? I don't get what people mean that att fits but unlocked doesn't... att is still small to me, I got the seidio one now and it's a bit smaller than my liking, ie it doesn't go out ot edges, I suppose it covers entire screen part, just not the entire front glass
    06-18-15 10:32 PM
    This is what a very cheap glass protector looks like on my UK standard Passport.

Please excuse the lack of quality and focus but they do show the strip around the edge that is not quite in contact with the flat glass protector.
    I have to say that when in use I don't notice that it is there, but that might be in part to having quite a thick Amzer case on it that stops me getting to the very edges of the screen.

Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img-20150619-00005.jpg
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img-20150619-00007.jpg
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img-20150619-00010.jpg
    eyeb likes this.
    06-19-15 04:28 AM
    Yes, I cannot disagree with you...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 05:19 PM
    the cases and screen protector are available on ebay and amazon now. very cheap too. Lots of design for cases. You can even customize yours if you want.
    06-23-15 05:26 PM
    I've just got this for a few days only from a small local shop. I had been after this guy for almost half a year until getting this piece. The owner orders them from a producer in China across the border and has them made to his requirement. The first version was too large and hanging above on the curve edge of the PP screen. The second version was too small and left about 1 mm of display on each side uncovered. After the first two batches, this guy took a caliper to take the screen measurement himself and sent the numbers to the producer, and hence the glass as in the pics below.
    It's a bit more than $5 a piece. The Nillkin one is about twice the price while lifting at the sides and with fairly bumpy edge. This glass has rounded edge so there is only a slight feel when the finger moves over it. The downside is now I have to deal with glare and finger marks.
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img-20150624-00020.jpgTempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img-20150624-00023.jpg
    06-24-15 12:31 PM
    I tried purchasing one from Ebay.

Unfortunately it did not fit and is too narrow. It doesn't even cover the entire lit up display.

Item no. 221596973365 on Ebay.
    Attachment 325649

Posted via CB10
    Same thing happened with me, after complaining they said, this is what we got, it is tested and it fits well, and won't be replaced. How annoying. I will never buy from eBay.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 04:20 PM
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-359279d1435166633t-tempered-glass-screen-protector-passport-img-20150624-00020.jpg
    what's that little cut out above the blackberry logo? I got a free screen protector (plastic) that had it. At first, I thought since it was a cheap free protector, the person cutting it just slipped their hand. Then the more I looked it up, the skinomi company actually sells it like that! why? My seidio glass protecter is straight across and looks better than if it had a cut in it. Nothing seems to be affected either.

I'm on the att model if matters, not sure if the unlocked one has some sensor there that mine doesn't
    edit: I don't mean the speaker cutout, but the little notch next to it on the left side.
    06-24-15 09:40 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	359279d1435166633t-tempered-glass-screen-protector-passport-img-20150624-00020.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	359332
    what's that little cut out above the blackberry logo? I got a free screen protector (plastic) that had it. At first, I thought since it was a cheap free protector, the person cutting it just slipped their hand. Then the more I looked it up, the skinomi company actually sells it like that! why? My seidio glass protecter is straight across and looks better than if it had a cut in it. Nothing seems to be affected either.

I'm on the att model if matters, not sure if the unlocked one has some sensor there that mine doesn't
    edit: I don't mean the speaker cutout, but the little notch next to it on the left side.
    That's where the proximity sensor is. Having had a few glass protectors I know they can affect this sensor causing the screen to stay on when on a phone call.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 12:14 AM
    I've just got this for a few days only from a small local shop. I had been after this guy for almost half a year until getting this piece. The owner orders them from a producer in China across the border and has them made to his requirement. The first version was too large and hanging above on the curve edge of the PP screen. The second version was too small and left about 1 mm of display on each side uncovered. After the first two batches, this guy took a caliper to take the screen measurement himself and sent the numbers to the producer, and hence the glass as in the pics below.
    It's a bit more than $5 a piece. The Nillkin one is about twice the price while lifting at the sides and with fairly bumpy edge. This glass has rounded edge so there is only a slight feel when the finger moves over it. The downside is now I have to deal with glare and finger marks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150624-00020.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	412.4 KB 
ID:	359279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150624-00023.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	329.6 KB 
ID:	359280
    Is there a way we can order thee from you
    08-17-15 11:25 PM
    I have both the the seido glass protector and slim case, ATT version both are working great. The only issue I noticed is when I installed the glass protector I started to notice a large battery usage. What I found out was that pocketsafe was working overtime!! Not sure if the prox sensor was working all the time because of the glass screen or not but I went ahead and deleted the app and the battery issue went away. Something to look out for

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 03:53 AM
195 ... 678