Attachment 330736

Posted via CB10
    This is the sojitek?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 05:14 PM
    Yea

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 06:18 PM
    Here's a summary of this thread and all the tempered glass featured.

Sikai from ebay: Light brown box. The best fit of all, only 1mm of lift around the edges.

Nillkin: 3-4mm of lift, inexpensive.

Phantom Glass: 3-4mm of lift, too large and expensive.

Sojitek: fits nicely with no lift but 1mm smaller than screen lit up on left and right side.

Stilgut: to be reviewed by myself soon.

Seidio: (looking for user feedback)

Posted via CB10
    iamci, nglfmark, Beakman and 5 others like this.
    01-30-15 06:46 PM
    Yes that is the one I plan on buying, while the Phantom Glass is back on stock!

Posted via CB10
    Heya, have you got the stilgut one installed yet?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 06:54 PM

Sikai from ebay: Light brown box. The best fit of all, only 1mm of lift around the edges.

Sojitek: fits nicely with no lift but 1mm smaller than screen lit up on left and right side.

Posted via CB10
    This is useful thx and keep us updated!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 07:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the summary! Good stuff!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 09:42 PM
    Looking forward to some feedback on the seidio

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 11:02 AM
    I'm also looking forward to a Seidio review...

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 08:49 PM
    Please keep us updated on phantom glass. It's supposed to be the best one available for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    Still waiting for my Phantom Tempered Glass - ordered on Jan 1 this year ! They keep saying "they are getting stock next week", but next week never comes....
    02-11-15 01:19 AM
    That's because when next week comes, it's no longer next week, it's this week...

I know, lame... About as bad as waiting forever for them to get these bad boys back in stock
    02-11-15 09:58 PM
    Anyone with the Stilgut or Seidio tempered glass? My Stilgut is arriving soon.
    02-15-15 02:00 PM
    GMYLE one is here. Pretty decent build. Looks more expensive, wish it closed itself
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20150211_193340.jpg

Posted via Passport.
    02-15-15 03:49 PM
    Front
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20150211_193247.jpg

Posted via Passport.
    02-15-15 03:49 PM
    So am not alone on these tampered glass screens. They will just not work.
    I have posted about a review on Nillkin H glass protector if you look around in PP forum. It was epic fail. Save those 16 bucks for something else.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 03:59 PM
    Just bought the Seidio glass, will see how it works for me in a few days.
    Meanwhile, I just might give this one a go by virtue of the description only:
    Selected and used Japan imported AGC glass material and HARVES nanotechnology with excellent defensive performance. It owns super high transmittance and high restoring the original color of screen. It supports anti-glare coating to prevent glare derivative. Used tempered glass, its hardness up to 9H; scratch-resistant flowers and blowout. Its surface used Nanometer thin oil coating which is anti-fingerprint, oil rub resistance and effectively preventing and filtering ultraviolet ray. It also fused the global advanced screen protector process technology. Its thickness is only 0.33mm with precise CNC cutting technology. Environmental and silicon coating; quicker adsorption and can be reused after cleaning.
    Poppies, I guess.
    Last edited by Beakman; 02-25-15 at 07:05 PM. Reason: The usual syntax dislexia.
    02-25-15 06:53 PM
    Please keep us updated on seidio tempered glass
    03-01-15 01:02 AM
    Please keep us updated on seidio tempered glass
    Unboxed the new PP last night - wow, is this thing huge!
    Also had the Seidio glass protector to try out. It's a no-go for me, same "too small" issue as described with the other glass screen protectors in this thread. It will make the PP look crappy so I won't even bother installing it plus the phone seems to need swipes starting out beyond the screen edges, so there's the double whammy. Note: a co-worker just bought a iPhone 6+ and installed a glass screen protector, too small for the whole screen also; made that beautiful piece of hardware look slapdash too.
    Likely the poppies won't help either.
    mbamd likes this.
    03-01-15 06:25 AM
    My Phantom Tempered Glass Screen Protector finally arrived after a two month wait. Pros - (a) very nice feel and touch response, far better than normal protectors, (b) the edge of the glass protector seems to be rounded or bevelled so that if you run your finger along the edge it feels very smooth and not any way sharp. Cons - (1) only covers that part of the screen that actually displays, i.e. there is a gap of around 3mm / 0.1" from the edge on the sides and the bottom, and a gap of about 12mm / 0.5" from the top. This does not look good. (2) You have to be very careful about dust being trapped between the phone and the protector. If you do get dust trapped don't think of trying to remove it because it creates a real mess and leaves large areas that do not adhere - see photos. (3) Be very gentle! I also ordered an iPad protector and I affixed it slightly skew on the first attempt, so I lifted it to reposition it and it cracked. $38 thrown away. All in all it would have been a better experience if I had used a professional to affix it and if they covered the entire screen and not just the display area.Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-phantom-tempered-glass-protector-passport-1.jpgTempered glass screen protector for Passport?-phantom-tempered-glass-protector-passport-2.jpg
    mbamd likes this.
    03-05-15 01:12 AM
    I live in Toronto and we have ZAGG stores at three of our major shopping centers. I just spoke with one of them and they already have InvisibleShield HDX screen protectors available with InvisibleShield Glass coming soon.

So if you like ZAGG products and can hold out for a little bit, IS Glass will be available soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:21 AM
    Just installed the Nillkin

Its lifted all around.. looks horrible but might keep it on for the time being since i already paid for it.

I'm working in China right now so luckily this only cost me 7 Canadian dollars.

Also used Sinow

Same thing... not a direct fit and also lifts all around the edges

Hope that helps
    mbamd likes this.
    03-10-15 10:36 PM
    on a side note; the NIllkin case is great. fits perfect and is more slim fitting than the Blackberry clip case

my two cents.

They run cheap too, 7 bucks vs 35 bucks for the OEM blackberry
    03-10-15 10:42 PM
    I just applied a tempered glass protector on my Passport, I actually ordered two different brands: The first one says "3G Max", comes within a plastic blister with more or less plain cardboard packaging inside. The second was sold by Voguecase, comes also within a plastic blister but has a shiny white packaging stating "Glass Screen Protector" with a large golden G.

I didn't even bother installing the latter, it is barely sized enough to fit the displaying area of the screen. It would look horrible IMHO to install that small piece on the screen, I'd rather go naked and risk having scratches and coating problems than having this thing applied to it.

I then went with the former one, it looked promising, being only slightly smaller than the traditional plastic OEM protector. However, and as some already stated here, the protector kind of lifts along the edges. Even if you would be good enough to apply it as correctly as close to 0.1mm ranges, you'd get lifting along the edges. That includes all edges by the way, although it isn't that bad at the bottom. Besides the fact it "lifts", it doesn't feel being a problem as of now. I'll see how it will turn out, if it bothers me too much I'll simply kiss the idea of having a screen protector on my Passport goodbye. After all it's just a phone which is meant to be used.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 03:56 AM
    The passport screen curves near the edges. This is why the tempered glass protectors leave a gap. Unless they come out with one that forms to the slight curve it will always lift or look too small. I use the OEM screen protectors and have no complaints.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 08:35 AM
    Unboxed the new PP last night - wow, is this thing huge!
    Also had the Seidio glass protector to try out. It's a no-go for me, same "too small" issue as described with the other glass screen protectors in this thread. It will make the PP look crappy so I won't even bother installing it plus the phone seems to need swipes starting out beyond the screen edges, so there's the double whammy. Note: a co-worker just bought a iPhone 6+ and installed a glass screen protector, too small for the whole screen also; made that beautiful piece of hardware look slapdash too.
    Likely the poppies won't help either.
    are you using the unlocked or att version? the site makes it look like a good fit on the att and someone on here mentioned it and had a pretty good review of it
    SEIDIO | VITREO Tempered Glass Screen Protector for BlackBerry Passport (AT&T Version)
    05-03-15 09:58 AM
    are you using the unlocked or att version? the site makes it look like a good fit on the att and someone on here mentioned it and had a pretty good review of it
    SEIDIO | VITREO Tempered Glass Screen Protector for BlackBerry Passport (AT&T Version)
    To my knowledge the AT&T Passport has a completely flat screen surface without any curved edges. So tempered glass protectors should work fine on this model anyways, without any sizing issues.

Posted via CB10
    eyeb likes this.
    05-03-15 10:33 AM
195 ... 5678