I have the tempered glass protector with the grey packaging,

I bought a Black Blackberry Passport in late November 2014 and pasting this glass protector, it fits pretty nicely with the edges of 1mm slightly lifting up, I can live with that no problem. I got a spare glass protector which is exactly the same and left it lying around.

Last night, my Red Blackberry Passport arrived, I pasted the spare glass protector and the edges lifted up by 4mm at least, I thought the screen protector was bad, so I peeled off the glass protector on my black passport to try and same, the edges lifted up by 4mm as well. I pasted the spare protector on my Black Blackberry Passport and it fitted nicely with just 1mm lifting at the edges.

Conclusion, the problem is not with the screen protector but with the screen of the passport....Argh!!! So no choice, I got myself those PET screen protectors instead......
    12-31-14 03:09 AM
    So it is not advisable to use tempered glass on Passport no?

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 03:12 AM
    So it is not advisable to use tempered glass on Passport no?

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    I think it boils down to luck I guess, the black passport I have, has the glass protector fitting rather nicely. But I would suggest to get a normal screen protector which would be a much safer bet.
    12-31-14 03:27 AM
    I have the tempered glass protector with the grey packaging,

I bought a Black Blackberry Passport in late November 2014 and pasting this glass protector, it fits pretty nicely with the edges of 1mm slightly lifting up, I can live with that no problem. I got a spare glass protector which is exactly the same and left it lying around.

Last night, my Red Blackberry Passport arrived, I pasted the spare glass protector and the edges lifted up by 4mm at least, I thought the screen protector was bad, so I peeled off the glass protector on my black passport to try and same, the edges lifted up by 4mm as well. I pasted the spare protector on my Black Blackberry Passport and it fitted nicely with just 1mm lifting at the edges.

Conclusion, the problem is not with the screen protector but with the screen of the passport....Argh!!! So no choice, I got myself those PET screen protectors instead......
    Wow that's very odd indeed! Usually the screen surfaces are the same, yet both of your Passports demonstrate a different story. I have an el-cheapo tempered glass protector on its way, from the looks of it, it seems like it is the one dicussed there. I will report back in two weeks when it arrived.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:22 AM
    Wow that's very odd indeed! Usually the screen surfaces are the same, yet both of your Passports demonstrate a different story. I have an el-cheapo tempered glass protector on its way, from the looks of it, it seems like it is the one dicussed there. I will report back in two weeks when it arrived.

Posted via CB10
    Yup I find it very odd, I wonder what are the manufacturing tolerances and/or was there a running design change on the screen dimensions.
    12-31-14 06:33 AM
    I tried purchasing one from Ebay.

Unfortunately it did not fit and is too narrow. It doesn't even cover the entire lit up display.

Item no. 221596973365 on Ebay.
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20150106_165901.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 12:06 AM
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20150106_171516.jpg
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20150106_172156.jpg
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20150106_172223.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    01-06-15 12:22 AM
    Wow that's really bad!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 12:49 AM
    I tried purchasing one from Ebay.

Unfortunately it did not fit and is too narrow. It doesn't even cover the entire lit up display.

Item no. 221596973365 on Ebay.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150106_165901.jpg 
Views:	2741 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	325649

Posted via CB10
    I've bought two from eBay with the same shoddy fit, different brands (one was Sikai). Am rolling the dice on one more from Mobilezap Au, will be easier to return for a refund than some dodgy one from China if it isn't any better.

It's like the manufacturers just guessed the dimensions of the Passport screen!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:04 AM
    i have the sikai from ebay and the edges have lifted a bit

Attachment 319024
    This is the best anyone will get probably. It's the Sikai from ebay with the light recycled paper packaging.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:31 AM
    I bought this.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=EOQG92iy

It was physically a perfect fit, it went right to the edge of the the start of the taper around the edge of the screen.

Unfortunately for some weird reason, it was lifting roughly 3-4mm around all four edges. It looked ridiculous.

I had to remove it immediately because it was terrible. So I'm going back to my Fosmon plastic protector. They are three for 5.99 with free shipping on amazon.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00PHVQ0O2/r...UvbUpU11239262

Via CB10, Passport 10.3.1.1154
    01-08-15 05:46 AM
    I ordered one from Phantom on Jan 1 but a week later their tracking facility says "partly received". I emailed their orders department and received a response within 24 hours saying that they were out of stock but are expecting stock in "a few weeks". Seems a really long time given that the Passport has been around for a couple of months now and they should have resolved their supply chain issues. I'm also a little peeved that they debited my credit card immediately. Is this normal in Canada? In the UK and here in South Africa the norm is that they don't debit until they ship.
    Last edited by fcsmyth; 01-08-15 at 07:19 AM.
    01-08-15 07:06 AM
    I ordered one from Phantom on Jan 1 but a week later their tracking facility says "partly received". I emailed their orders department and received a response within 24 hours saying that they were out of stock but are expecting stock in "a few weeks". Seems a really long time given that the Passport has been around for a couple of months now and they should have resolved their supply chain issues. I'm also a little peeved that they debited my credit card immediately. Is this normal in Canada? In the UK and here in South Africa the norm is that they don't debit until they ship.
    Please keep us updated on phantom glass. It's supposed to be the best one available for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:03 AM
    Please keep us updated on phantom glass. It's supposed to be the best one available for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    With pleasure. It might be a while though....
    01-08-15 09:18 AM
    With pleasure. It might be a while though....
    I'm sure we can wait ;-) thanks in advanced!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:38 AM
    Has anyone tried this one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RJY...UvbUpU11240631

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 03:09 PM
    I have given up on trying to find a laminated glass screen protector. Bought one and it was a terrible. Overhanging the sides of the screen where it curves down. I then used the HD type plastic screen protectors and they get very oily and greasy. Finally found "Capdase screenGUARD anti-glare screen protector" for my Passport. No more fingerprints and greasy screen. Doesn't make white text pixelated or white screen grainy either (like other anti-glare screen protectors). Very impressed. Excellent fit, with it just covering the lit part of the display and camera and light sensor exposed. Highly recommended.
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20150115_174028.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 07:16 PM
    Where did you find this one??

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:04 AM
    Where did you find this one??

Posted via CB10
    And how much?

Also, is it matte or glossy?

Thanks.

01-17-15 04:38 PM
    And how much?

Also, is it matte or glossy?

Thanks.

In Hong Kong phone shop. Tried to search in Capdase Web but it's too new (or website is not yet updated). It's matt finish so no glare or fingerprints. No grainy look either. Was HK$80

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 07:24 PM
    In Hong Kong phone shop. Tried to search in Capdase Web but it's too new (or website is not yet updated). It's matt finish so no glare or fingerprints. No grainy look either. Was HK$80

Posted via CB10
    Ok, thanks. I prefer glossy over matte. I've had a fosmon glossy that was very nice. I really like the smoothness of the glossy.

01-17-15 10:58 PM
    I ordered one tempered glass from China. Will update when it is arrived and installed.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:19 PM
    I first ordered one off eBay and it was awful. It probably had half an inch not covered on each side of the screen and covered the camera and sensors on the top of the phone.

I ended up ordering this one off of Amazon and it was a lot better. It doesn't cover the sensors on the top, seems to be high quality. The only minor issue is there is probably 1 or 2 mm on each side where the very edge of the screen isn't covered. I may check again in a month or so and see if any new ones appear online but until then I'm a lot more satisfied than I was with a plastic screen protector.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU11270335
    01-18-15 06:38 AM
    I first ordered one off eBay and it was awful. It probably had half an inch not covered on each side of the screen and covered the camera and sensors on the top of the phone.

I ended up ordering this one off of Amazon and it was a lot better. It doesn't cover the sensors on the top, seems to be high quality. The only minor issue is there is probably 1 or 2 mm on each side where the very edge of the screen isn't covered. I may check again in a month or so and see if any new ones appear online but until then I'm a lot more satisfied than I was with a plastic screen protector.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU11270730
    Would you be able to post a pic showing how it looks on the edges of the screen?

01-18-15 09:08 AM
    01-18-15 02:25 PM
195 ... 34567 ...