I bought one from Ebay and it was a disaster. Horrible fit. The glass was overhanging the curve edges and destroyed the smooth swiping experience. Took it off after a minute and threw in the bin. Very disappointed, waited a few days for the laminated glass protector, was well packaged but it was a failure. Poor fit. If it was a little smaller, it would have worked. I'll try and find the item and repost.

Posted via CB10
    181437162157 item number...avoid this

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    12-15-14 07:38 PM
    Here's one pic taken from iPhone 5S. Not great so close up but I'll try to take more. Note its in a TETDED wallet case. Attachment 319019
    Hi, any better pics? Also has anyone applied a anti-glare type protector that fits well?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:43 AM
    If it is true Tempered Glass, you cannot trim it!
    12-22-14 12:19 PM
    If it is true Tempered Glass, you cannot trim it!
    Diamond blade.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:27 PM
    Sikai or the more famous tempered glass screen from ebay had a recent remake of its glass screen. The box that it comes with is using a lighter shade of recycled paper.

These fit much better than the previous ones.

I know because I have both. The initial version or batch had about 3-4 mm of "lift" around the edges.

The revised version has maybe 1-2mm which in the real world use, isn't that bad.

Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20141127_135846.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:01 PM
    Sikai or the more famous tempered glass screen from ebay had a recent remake of its glass screen. The box that it comes with is using a lighter shade of recycled paper.

I know because I have both. The initial version or batch had about 3-4 mm of "lift" around the edges.

The revised version has maybe 1-2mm which in the real world use, isn't that bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141127_135846.jpg 
Views:	2044 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	322495

Posted via CB10
    So which one is the new one? When I recently got back to the URL where I purchased my brown packaged screen protector, I mentioned a new version with cutouts for the sensor and camera I presume.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-23-14 03:13 PM
    I just got mine in the mail and it was in the black/gray packaging. It was packaged very well but you're right, the protector lifts several mm off on all sides. Worst on the sides and bottom. Top isn't bad.

I'm going to keep it on for now and see if it changes over time.

The other thing that bugs me is the edges are kind of sharp. When I swipe up it sometimes catches my finger and I feel like it's going to get cut. Similar to a razor blade type of edge. Not terrible but definitely noticeable.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 04:22 PM
    I just got mine in the mail and it was in the black/gray packaging. It was packaged very well but you're right, the protector lifts several mm off on all sides. Worst on the sides and bottom. Top isn't bad.

I'm going to keep it on for now and see if it changes over time.

The other thing that bugs me is the edges are kind of sharp. When I swipe up it sometimes catches my finger and I feel like it's going to get cut. Similar to a razor blade type of edge. Not terrible but definitely noticeable.

Posted via CB10
    It is not going to change. It is glass and the edges of the screen are rounded, that's why it looks as if it's lifting. I had this same problem on my Z30.

There has got to be some kind of diamond tipped cutting tool that could shave some mm's off and make it fit better.

I've got my screen protector on the way, should be here in another week or so.

Via CB10, Passport 10.3.1.1154
    12-23-14 06:21 PM
    It is not going to change. It is glass and the edges of the screen are rounded, that's why it looks as if it's lifting. I had this same problem on my Z30.

There has got to be some kind of diamond tipped cutting tool that could shave some mm's off and make it fit better.

I've got my screen protector on the way, should be here in another week or so.

You cant cut Tempered Glass!
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    12-23-14 06:35 PM
    Will not work!
    12-23-14 06:37 PM
    Cannot cut tempered glass.

You need to anneal the tempered glass first if you want to "try" cutting it.

Look into annealing tempered glass and you will see it is not something the average person can do, unless you have a temperature controlled kiln laying around.

Using "diamond blade" will make it worse. I don't know where this foolish thought came from.
    12-23-14 07:24 PM
    Cannot cut tempered glass.

You need to anneal the tempered glass first if you want to "try" cutting it.

Look into annealing tempered glass and you will see it is not something the average person can do, unless you have a temperature controlled kiln laying around.

Using "diamond blade" will make it worse. I don't know where this foolish thought came from.
    I did a little checking around and, like you said it is possible but not for the everage Joe.

The diamond blade thing was just a thought. I'm not sure it was foolish, I was just spit ballin. Sorry if I offended you in some way.

BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    12-23-14 08:44 PM
    I used the one that came with the official case but it would recess at curved screen edges. Ordered skinomi wet apply $10 shipped from amazon. It bends and applies perfectly and does not lift. Has a rubbery feel leaves no smudges and heals itself from any scratches. Highly recommend!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:02 PM
    i have the sikai from ebay and the edges have lifted a bit

Attachment 319024
    It is not actually being lifted, since the edge of the passport is curved down, thus it's totally normal. My tempered glass is smaller than the screen thus it has no "lifting" like yours.
    The bad thing about a smaller fit tempered glass, your finger will bruise after a few times you swipe up since you will have gap between the keypad and the screen. Your thumb will feel like being cut by a glass. tempered glass is usually thicker than the plastic screen, in my opinion it's better to have perfectly fitting tempered glass with "lifting" than a smaller fit like mine.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:08 PM
    I mean for mine even though it's large there is still a little bit of an edge. Albeit not terrible. It depends on how much force I use for the swipe.

Another thought is, my Nokia 925 also had lifting with the tempered glass because Nokia is notorious for the curved edges of the screen, after a month or so, the lifted edges got really small. So I wonder if it takes some time for the screenprotector to stick better so the edges get slightly closer.

Either way I prefer the feeling of glass over plastic or that orange peel type of texture for the screen. If the edges get better overtime with use I'll report back.

If it wasn't clear I have that shikai whatever ebay one from Hong Kong.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:45 PM
    I dropped my passport with no case, but with tempered glass, from a phonecall height, and I'm 6' 1", so it was pretty serious, and ended up landing face down .

But when I went to pick it up and the tempered was smashed, making me think I smacked the Passport, but when I peeled it off it was okay (This happened on a sidewalk) with only a few tiny chips on the bottom plastic, and one on my 'B' key.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:06 PM
    Mine too had lift around the edges, looked very similar too JasNaoto's, still worked but did catch my thumb time to time. Once I removed it I remember how much better it is naked. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:11 PM
    While not tempered glass I am a fan of Skinomi protectors. Installed perfectly on my passport and feels really good.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:15 PM
    So which one is the new one? When I recently got back to the URL where I purchased my brown packaged screen protector, I mentioned a new version with cutouts for the sensor and camera I presume.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    The one on the left (lighter colour) is the newer revised (better fit) version of the Sikai tempered glass.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:33 PM
    i have the sikai from ebay and the edges have lifted a bit

Attachment 319024
    That's good enough to me. It's probably off by 1mm which is alright.

Can you be so kind as to post us the exact ebay link and a picture of the packaging/box if available?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:36 PM
    i believe mine came in the darker packaging. the only reason i assumed that the edges lifted is because it was all flush when i first installed it. i still have it on my phone and have never had a problem with sharp edges
    12-24-14 12:27 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141127_135846.jpg 
Views:	2044 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	322495

Posted via CB10
    Pics of it installed? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    ikejrr likes this.
    12-24-14 08:51 AM
    Pics of it installed? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    If you get the better fitted one it will lok like jasnaoto's pic on post 95.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 02:04 PM
    What is the general benefit of having a tempered glass screen protector as opposed to a standard plastic/matte one? For example, with all the fitting issues and the "you can't easily trim a tempered glass screen protector" issues, wouldn't it be easier just to get a plastic one?

I was looking into getting one from armorsuit as they have one that is "case friendly" and I have a Seidio case shipping to me soon. Does anyone know if the armoursuit one is a good idea? Or what the benefits of having tempered glass is as opposed to plastic/matte?

For reference here is the armorsuit one: BlackBerry Passport Screen Protector (Case-Friendly)
    12-26-14 12:22 AM
    While not tempered glass I am a fan of Skinomi protectors. Installed perfectly on my passport and feels really good.

Posted via CB10
    Could you post a picture of your Passport with the Skinomi screen protector installed please?
    12-26-14 12:29 AM
195 ... 23456 ...