The ebay one seems to have really sharp corners ? Anyone else thinks the same ? Maybe have some rounded edge one somewhere ?
    11-04-14 08:45 AM
    The ebay one seems to have really sharp corners ? Anyone else thinks the same ? Maybe have some rounded edge one somewhere ?
    From the pics it does look like sharp corners but I asked the seller before I purchased it and he said it was rounded. Anyways I guess you could wait for mine to arrive and for me to report before you decide.

BTW: here's an email I received from phantom glass.

Thanks for your email. �Phantom Glass using Corning Gorilla Glass which has a hardness of 9H. �Corning is the most durable glass on the market, unlike the soda lime based glass used by other companies. All our screen protectors have a beveled edge so that it?s smooth and you can barely tell it?s on the phone.

The Passport model will be releasing on our webstore in about a week or two. �Just waiting on our production team to finish the final touches/packaging to the product.

Cheers,
    Kim
    ?�
    Kim Miyama
    Chief Operating Officer�

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-04-14 11:32 AM
    I just received the temp glass protector.

I'm going to install it Monday night.

I'll post some photos after it's done.
    Rob e D likes this.
    11-09-14 07:58 PM

Rounded edges?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 02:15 AM

Mine is not here yet. How long did your delivery take?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 02:21 AM
    So phanton glass is just another corning glass which the passport already has, anyone care to elaborate the point of it

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    11-11-14 02:30 AM
    So phanton glass is just another corning glass which the passport already has, anyone care to elaborate the point of it

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Corning glass can still get scuffed/scratched/cracked if treated badly or dropped.

If you have another layer on top it damages that (30) dollars VS replacing your screen (more dollars and a whole lot of hassle)

Posted via CB10
    JORENO and Denvertorch like this.
    11-11-14 03:24 AM
    Mine is not here yet. How long did your delivery take?

Posted via CB10
    I just installed it last night.

In terms of fit around the edges, it's probably not the best. It's lifted along the edge.

The feel of this glass is fantastic though. It feels just as good as naked.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    11-11-14 06:37 AM
    Can you take few pictures, please?
    11-11-14 07:07 AM
    Can you take few pictures, please?
    I can do that tonight. I don't have a camera at work.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:33 AM
    I just installed it last night.

In terms of fit around the edges, it's probably not the best. It's lifted along the edge.

The feel of this glass is fantastic though. It feels just as good as naked.

Posted via CB10
    Can you show us the gap?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:16 AM
    How is it? Would love to see the results.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:34 AM
    *Leaving comment for the pictures*

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 09:37 AM
    Here you go...

Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20141112_191124.jpg
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20141112_191136.jpg
    Tempered glass screen protector for Passport?-img_20141112_191146.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:14 PM
    The edges! Maybe have to trim the sides where it curves on the phone so that the protector sits properly on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:31 PM
    thanks... it's not too bad but yes, two mms shorter on the sides and top would make it looks better... speaking of the top, seems like the tempered glass is not centered... actually looks like that particular one isn't exact fit for a passport according to the pics and how the glass is not centered with the speaker... could be that they sent you the wrong one?

Here you go...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141112_191124.jpg 
Views:	2112 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	313969

Name:	IMG_20141112_191136.jpg 
Views:	2115 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	313970

Name:	IMG_20141112_191146.jpg 
Views:	2110 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	313971

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:33 PM
    I contacted them already. They said it's due to the screen of the Passport.

This is a better alternative than the official BlackBerry Passport screen protectors. Those also lift at the edges. But the tempered glass just feels so much better to touch and swipe.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:42 PM
    I contacted them already. They said it's due to the screen of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    That pic just helped me figure out where the proximity sensors are on the PP. The tempered glass protector on my Z10 made the sensor stop working, need to check if the one I ordered for my PP has a cutout now...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:41 PM
    thanks... it's not too bad but yes, two mms shorter on the sides and top would make it looks better... speaking of the top, seems like the tempered glass is not centered... actually looks like that particular one isn't exact fit for a passport according to the pics and how the glass is not centered with the speaker... could be that they sent you the wrong one?
    More like 2-3 mm all round, when the glass is lifted like that dirt, dust, hairs etc will get lodged in the space.

I think I'll get the phantom glass screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:52 PM
    More like 2-3 mm all round, when the glass is lifted like that dirt, dust, hairs etc will get lodged in the space.

I think I'll get the phantom glass screen.

Posted via CB10
    Looking forward to your review of the Phantom glass screen protector

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 09:36 PM
    I also got the same tempered glass protector as bluetroll and I have the same exact issue. Due to the curved passport screen at the edges, the edges of the protector lift off. This means dust and dirt will get stuck in there really easily.

If anyone finds one that finds the contours of the screen, let us know.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 07:31 AM
    as someone else commented, i wonder if it would be a good solution to trim/cut the edges to make it just of the size of the flat area of the screen, and then with a case that covers the sides you will be well protected... still it would be a little space between the edge of the glass and the edge of the case but the dirt collected there would be easily clean up by removing the case once in a while... tbh i don't know if there is a tempered glass brand that does a better job at covering the screen rounded edges (in any phone brand)...
    11-13-14 07:49 AM
    I ordered a 3 pack of screen protectors from Amazon when I purchased my Passport. I can't remember the name, it's not glass, it's the film type, but it works fine. I just wanted something that would prevent scratches and this seems to work well.

With the gorilla glass the PP has I don't think you need anything other than this.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:02 AM
    I ordered a 3 pack of screen protectors from Amazon when I purchased my Passport. I can't remember the name, it's not glass, it's the film type, but it works fine. I just wanted something that would prevent scratches and this seems to work well.

With the gorilla glass the PP has I don't think you need anything other than this.

Posted via CB10
    Plastic screen protectors are great and all but they scratch easily so a month later, the screen is terrible looking and the scratches make the screen "blurry"/darker. I hard noticed this immediately when replacing an old screen protector with a new one. You would basically have to replace it every 2-3 months

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Tempered glass is not really convenient because of the added protection, but rather to keep the native glass feeling of the naked screen. They also feature better oleophobic coatings for increased protection against fingerprints for example.

Posted via CB10
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-13-14 09:56 AM
195 1234 ...