I was watching the classic tempered glass that it's on sale here, so I want to ask if is there one for the Passport? And where can I find it?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 01:34 PM
    I was watching the classic tempered glass that it's on sale here, so I want to ask if is there one for the Passport? And where can I find it?

Posted via CB10
    Does the passport not come with Gorilla reinforced glass, this is scratch proof also? If so, is there a need for this?
    04-01-15 01:36 PM
    I�ve had my Passport since October and not a scractch on it and I don�t take good care of it. It has fallen a couple of times (not from very high) and not even a single dent on it.
    04-01-15 02:05 PM
    Didn't knew that, I still have the brand new plastic sticker, sorry to bother.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 02:43 PM
    I�ve had my Passport since October and not a scractch on it and I don�t take good care of it. It has fallen a couple of times (not from very high) and not even a single dent on it.
    Good for you. Maybe Passport's screen is very durable but definitely not indestructible. You can find few thread at this forum proving my point.
    Tempered glass screen protector gives you additional safety buffer, in most cases it works like a safety glass - it cracks but also prevents from damaging the screen. It's cheaper to replace screen protector than replace Passport's screen...
    The biggest problem with tempered glass screen protector for Passport is its curved screen's edges. It's hard do find (if even possible) a screen protector which will fit perfectly :-( . I've tried Stilgut's but unfortunately it didn't work for me. It was lifted a little at the edges, almost invisible, but still annoying. I have ended up with Stilgut's book case and naked screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 02:57 PM
    I've been using liquid nano for the past year and it's just great. I don't worry about lining up the sticky screen protectors. Just wipe the liquid material on the screen, wait one minute, it evenly forms a 9H coat with great clarity. Perfect every time. I put this stuff on my Mercedes' headlights now.
    04-01-15 03:13 PM
    The Passport's screen is VERY durable. I've dropped mine a few times and wouldn't say I've been extremely careful and the screen doesn�t show a mark.

That said, there's no harm in being too careful either.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    04-01-15 03:21 PM
    Sand WILL always scratch gorilla glass.

A work colleague has a note 4 with gorilla glass4 and it's got hairline scratches.

But I do like the feel of my naked PP (tee hee hee). I'm still waiting for my case and screen protector from amazon.
    04-01-15 04:16 PM
    Mine is scratched already so protection is not pointless

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 04:19 PM
    I didn't think I'd need lone with gorilla glass but after noticing a couple of scratches I bought a tempered glass protector off Ebay. Much prefer the feel of glass to a normal screen protector. Like it was said before nothing wrong with been too careful.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 04:42 PM
    https://shop.n4bb.com/product/blackb...een-protector/

Here's a link to the tempered glass screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:44 PM
    Seidio shows a tempered glass screen protector for the Passport. Haven't tried it myself. Does say in the description that it has rounded edges.
    Mobajo likes this.
    04-01-15 07:47 PM
    Mine is scratched already so protection is not pointless

Posted via CB10
    Whaaa?

Red BlackBerry Passport
    04-02-15 12:58 AM
    Talking to a guy at work. His new android has a glass screen that is removable and easily replaced if it breaks / gets too scratched.

Now thats forward thinking.
    04-02-15 03:11 PM
    Seidio shows a tempered glass screen protector for the Passport. Haven't tried it myself. Does say in the description that it has rounded edges.
    I've had this Seidio tempered glass protector since I received my passport about 5-6 weeks ago. It's great....... but

As mentioned by ronin1412 above, the curved edge of the Passport screen will not allow the tempered glass to stick down flat around the perimeter of the screen. There is about 1/16"-1/8" wide area around the entire perimeter where the protector is not stuck down to the curved edge of the screen. It's very easy to see at a glance. Other than that, this Seido tempered glass protector is fine.

I have not tried any other screen protectors on Passport at this point but it would seem difficult for any screen protector (tempered glass or not) to lay flat around the curved edge of the screen, all the way around the perimeter, without some bubbles/folding/buckling etc. Maybe they will.

NOTE: I have the global Passport, not the ATT edition. I read where the ATT edition had a flat screen and if so this may not be an issue at all for the ATT Passport.
    04-02-15 03:54 PM
    NOTE: I have the global Passport, not the ATT edition. I read where the ATT edition had a flat screen and if so this may not be an issue at all for the ATT Passport.
    The AT&T is taller, plus the corners are round, I believe only the AT&T and the Seidio ones fit. Or use the liquid nano, then the size and shape of the screen become irrelevant.
    Last edited by quangtran1; 04-02-15 at 08:14 PM.
    04-02-15 06:06 PM
    I've been using liquid nano for the past year and it's just great.
    This sounds interesting. Would you mind sharing the purchasing information? Thanks.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    04-02-15 09:03 PM
    You can google "Liquid nano" or "Liquid armor" for more info. You can purchase on Amazon under the same names.
    04-02-15 10:16 PM
    Dumb question. Why are there no curved glass screen protectors if the screen itself is curved?

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    04-03-15 03:23 AM
    If you're talking about regular sticky vinyl protectors, it's more difficult to keep the edges durable, and stayed down. Protectors, like anything else, expand and contract as temps and humidity change. As far as tempered glass, it's harder to make, and more time-consuming which translate to cost. The glass and mold have to be at a right temperature in order to curve the glass without breaking.
    04-03-15 04:42 AM
    I just received my second tempered glass protector for the Passport, didn't even need to install it. I simply give up on even bothering to find a decent one for this very device. I got one of the first available ones, which covers the whole area of the screen but has edges which lift. The new one isn't even wide enough to cover the whole screen.

As of now, I am still undecided whether I stick with my traditional plastic protector or simply use the naked screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 11:43 PM
    Let’s apply the 5 WHY's Principles...

1st Why – - why do you want to put screen protector on your mobile phone?
    “"So, it will be protected from accidental scratched”."

2nd Why - – why do you want it to be protected from accidental scratched?
    "“So it will maintain its good look”."

3rd Why - – why do you want to maintain its good look?
    “"So in case I want to sell it, I can ask for a higher price” (i.e. maintaining the unit in good conditions)."

4th Why – - why do you want to sell it in a higher price?
    “"So I can buy another new device with little additional cost?”"

5th Why –- why do you want to buy new device?
    “"Of course, I do... everybody does! We all want new devices!”"

Conclusion: IF you don’t have any plan to resell your Passport in the future and get a higher price for it to buy new devices, you don’t need to put screen protector on it...

Posted via CB10
    Aboody Zomar likes this.
    04-05-15 01:08 AM
    I think it's just for the secured feel. You don't want anything to happen to your babe anyway. I used the plastic ones and removed both of them for scratches and oily screen, then left it naked for awhile without any damages but finally decided to use the glass screen protector at the moment. Totally happy with it even it does not really cover the whole Passport screen due to its curve. I feel I can leave the phone anywhere I like to now.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-05-15 01:12 AM
    2nd Why - – why do you want it to be protected from accidental scratched?
    "“So it will maintain its good look”."
    We're talking tempered glass screen protectors. You aren't asking the right "why's. Maybe one would want a screen protector...to protect the screen... from breaking, not scratches for resale.
    06-24-15 10:10 PM
33 12