Anyone have a glass screen protector installed? Been wanting to get one but not sure about the fitment when it comes to the edges of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 01:26 PM
    A few user reviews here http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/49698-mfx...or-Reviews.htm

I opted for the plastic film type eventually.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 01:43 PM
    I had a tempered glass one but found it didn't look right with the curved edges of the screen, plus I found it a lot harder to swipe up- a lot of the time it didn't respond. After then trying a softer protector, I opted to go au naturel and much prefer it without.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 01:49 PM
    Plastic protectors are garbage. Either naked or tempered glass. The clarity is night and day. But you need a 0.2mm thick tempered glass with 2.5D polishing, not the 0.33mm they sell out there without the 2.5D polishing. Big difference on response and swiping. Got mine from here. Great price and works like a charm. So thin you don't even know it's there.

Z10 $8 free shipping
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1969887230.html

Z30 $8.84 free shipping
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/2030385011.html

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 02:29 PM
    Been wonderinf about this, I'll be traveling and am concerned about sand.

Passport naked atm, was thinking of a wallet type case to cut down on things to carry.

that alone msy be enough since it covers the screen. I've never gotten even micro scratches on any screen, but I've been in the city mostly.

This phone feels too good to put in a case, but I fear I might have to.
    05-13-15 09:39 PM
    Plastic protectors are garbage. Either naked or tempered glass. The clarity is night and day. But you need a 0.2mm thick tempered glass with 2.5D polishing, not the 0.33mm they sell out there without the 2.5D polishing. Big difference on response and swiping. Got mine from here. Great price and works like a charm. So thin you don't even know it's there.

Z10 $8 free shipping
    Online Shop New 0.2MM 2.5D Anti-Explosion scratch-resistant tempered Glass Screen Protector for BlackBerry Z10 Protective film|Aliexpress Mobile

Z30 $8.84 free shipping
    Online Shop NEW 2.5D 0.2MM Ultra-thin scratch-resistant Tempered Glass Screen Protector For BlackBerry Z30 Protective Film Free shipping|Aliexpress Mobile

Posted via CB10
    You had me at 0.2 mm, but this is the Passport forum, where is a link for a Passport protector?
    Last edited by mawil1013; 05-14-15 at 07:18 AM.
    05-14-15 07:03 AM
    You had me at 0.2 mm, but this is the Passport forum, where is a link for a Passport protector?
    Sorry my Friend. I didn't even realize this a Passport thread.

Well here it is. 0.2mm tempered glass with 2.5D Polishing. Great price too. 0.33mm sell for like $20 here in Canada or USA. You don't want those, its too thick. 0.2mm is really thin.

Passport. $2.79 each. Free shipping! A steal if you ask me. Once you put this on you will never go back to plastic protectors. It's like looking at your naked screen. Clarity is beautiful.
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32268778001.html

Posted via CB10
    sophace and FuzzyFish like this.
    05-14-15 09:38 AM
    My experience with tempered glass protectors and Passport is simple: They aren't made for one another. You either get a protector which looks fitting, but the edges lift at the borders due to the curved glass of the Passport. Or you get a protector which doesn't lift, but they are so small they only barely cover the space where the actual display is sitting. Which looks awful having that small piece of glass sitting on the device.

I am just waiting for my Khacten case to arrive, then I will peel off the tempered glass protector I am using.

Posted via CB10
    FuzzyFish likes this.
    05-14-15 10:19 AM

Z10 $8 free shipping
    Online Shop New 0.2MM 2.5D Anti-Explosion scratch-resistant tempered Glass Screen Protector for BlackBerry Z10 Protective film|Aliexpress Mobile

Z30 $8.84 free shipping
    Online Shop NEW 2.5D 0.2MM Ultra-thin scratch-resistant Tempered Glass Screen Protector For BlackBerry Z30 Protective Film Free shipping|Aliexpress Mobile

Posted via CB10

I disagree, I've used Plastic ones on every Touch Screen phone I have owned, never had a problem, they get scratched or damaged they are cheap as **** to replace.
    05-14-15 10:23 AM
    If you have the Passport, definitely get the 2.5D version which basically has the edges of the glass curved. It makes swiping much easier!

If you have any full touch device with a case, since most cases are raised up on the sides, you don't need curved edges.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:32 AM
    I disagree, I've used Plastic ones on every Touch Screen phone I have owned, never had a problem, they get scratched or damaged they are cheap as **** to replace.
    Everyone has their preference, I've used plastic for the last year and I hate them. They get dirty, smudge easily and the clarity isn't the same as looking at glass. I'm finicky like that so I prefer the tempered glass. Every 2 months I was replacing my plastic protectors, either they would start lifting on the edges or bubbles would start to form and they scratch very easily. $8 for a tempered (doesn't scratch, doesn't lift on the edges and doesn't smudge or get dirty easily) equals the plastic ones I have to replace every 2 months. Tempered all the way for me. But if plastic ones work for you, then use that. Everyone will use what works for them.

PS: how this would work on a Passport I don't know as I have a Z10. Someone stated earlier that it lifts because the Passport has curved edge glass so I'm not sure how good it will be. But for, $2.79 plus free Shipping it wouldn't hurt to try. Good luck guys. Enjoy those Passports.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:52 AM
    Everyone has their preference, I've used plastic for the last year and I hate them. They get dirty, smudge easily and the clarity isn't the same as looking at glass. I'm finicky like that so I prefer the tempered glass. Every 2 months I was replacing my plastic protectors, either they would start lifting on the edges or bubbles would start to form and they scratch very easily. $8 for a tempered (doesn't scratch, doesn't lift on the edges and doesn't smudge or get dirty easily) equals the plastic ones I have to replace every 2 months. Tempered all the way for me. But if plastic ones work for you, then use that. Everyone will use what works for them.

Posted via CB10
    Well, my experience is much better, the one on my z10 has been there since it was a week old, it's now 1 year and 4 months old, it's still on, never peeled off.
    But it does scratch rather easily.
    05-14-15 10:54 AM
    Well, my experience is much better, the one on my z10 has been there since it was a week old, it's now 1 year and 4 months old, it's still on, never peeled off.
    But it does scratch rather easily.
    Yeah I agree they do scratch very easily. I want clarity like looking at glass. Tempered offers this for me plus, it doesn't scratch or smudge or get oily easily. Swipe on your pants and it clean. With the plastic I couldn't t do that. It would just smudge more. I had to windex the damn thing to get all the oil and smudge out. Take care.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 11:01 AM
    Sorry my Friend. I didn't even realize this a Passport thread.

Well here it is. 0.2mm tempered glass with 2.5D Polishing. Great price too. 0.33mm sell for like $20 here in Canada or USA. You don't want those, its too thick. 0.2mm is really thin.

Passport. $2.79 each. Free shipping! A steal if you ask me. Once you put this on you will never go back to plastic protectors. It's like looking at your naked screen. Clarity is beautiful.
    Online Shop High Quality 0.2mm LCD Clear Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Blackberry Passport Q30 Protective Film With Retail Package|Aliexpress Mobile

Posted via CB10
    Could you post some pictures please?
    05-14-15 11:27 AM
    I've tried approx 15 tempered glass brands for the blackberry passport, none of them seem to fit right. best bet is to have a regular screen protector or none
    05-14-15 11:48 AM
    the one quoted in my post above seems to be good and cheap. China will also ship almost anywhere
    05-14-15 01:40 PM
    Have used a tempered glass protector for several months. Have not had any problems for far. Sensitivity is good for touch. Images appear vivid. Fit seems adequate. Bought from Amazon.
    05-14-15 01:59 PM
    Have used a tempered glass protector for several months. Have not had any problems for far. Sensitivity is good for touch. Images appear vivid. Fit seems adequate. Bought from Amazon.
    for your blackberry passport?
    05-14-15 03:03 PM
    Forget about the screen I was concerned with the sand getting in the keys. I was so paranoid at the beach I was unsettled about having my phone with me. I decided I will never take my phone to the beach again for fear of creating a huge problem.
    If I do it will be in a ziplock bag and I will be connecting via bluetooth.
    Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 06:04 AM
    Not a big fan. Tried a few different brands on Passport and they never seem to fit quite right. There is always one corner that doesn't adhere, usually the upper right corner in my case. As careful as I am on the install (very!) it's just never fully worked. Having that one section that wouldn't stick properly always drove me nuts looking at it too. I have the same problem on a Z10 using a tempered glass screen, only it was a lower left corner. In both instances, I tried 2 different brands thinking it was the quality, but I don't think it is. I am certain it is because of the total lack of flexibility on the glass piece. On a perfectly flat surface they would fit beautifully. On one that might have some variation, even one that is imperceptible to the eye, the glass screen can't bend to fit the slight nuance. Total waste of money on both phones for me as the issue wasn't something I wanted to 'live with', so I ended up taking them off entirely and going with the Illumishield products, which are awesome and a lot cheaper in price.

I <3 NY!
    05-15-15 07:37 AM
    Yes, that's right. The blackberry passport has the edges of the screen slightly curved so the tempered glass will not adhere near the edge. It bothered me for a few weeks but I got used to it. When the first one cracked and I got a new one, I made sure to center it so all edges are equally lifted off. (the first time I tried to alight the edge on one side so it didn't lift off but it ended up having the opposite side lift off twice as much. )

And yes, it's possible the tempered glass can Crack especially along the edges. That is after all the weakest point.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 08:01 AM