Passport now available to order again from Shop BlackBerry Canada.

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    Just tried, says out of stock.
    09-29-14 06:18 PM
    1500 Royal York Rd Unit 22,
    Etobicoke ON M9P 3B6
    1-416-241-6626

This is the Telus/Neo-Cell that did it for me for the people in toronto. They did everything even calling the Telus customer for unlock code.

Posted via CB10
    Was there an extra cost for unlock code?! That store is a bit of a way from me but next month I will not care if they did NOT charge for SIM Unlock
    09-29-14 06:26 PM
    I was in a Telus store in BC this weekend and was looking at the passport. I wanted to see the all in cost with taxes etc to make a decision on buying one off-contract. However the store said they would not even sell one off contract. They said It is Telus "policy" to not sell a phone off contract within the first 3 months of release.

Shocking to say the least and not sure where they got this line of bs from.
    I had the same response! I went to the metropolis (Metrotown Mall in Burnaby Vancouver BC) store near the food court on the upper level. I asked politely how much it would be off contract and the sales girl there gave me a similar song and dance. All she said was that the store does not sell off contract outright. She did not mention to me that there was a 3 month policy, and I read about this in another post.
    Im not impressed and WILL never be a Telus client.
    09-29-14 06:28 PM
    Just tried, says out of stock.
    Wow, that was quick!

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    09-29-14 06:43 PM
    Out of stock. I have checked multiple times today.
    09-29-14 09:18 PM
    Was there an extra cost for unlock code?! That store is a bit of a way from me but next month I will not care if they did NOT charge for SIM Unlock
    Telus charges 35 for the unlock code. So yes there was a extra charge of 35 after I purchased it. But they will sell it to you on the spot and you can get it unlocked elsewhere. My advice to you would be call them before you go in case they dont have it in stock. I called on launch day they were sold out but put one on hold for me the next morning at 10:30 they called me and told me it was ready for pick up.
    09-29-14 10:02 PM
    I had no issues buying the Passport at Oakridge Mall in Vancouver. I'm a Telus customer anyway but the sales person had zero issues selling outright to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:10 PM
    This is what we have been saying all along,

Many Telus stores have been selling outright,

it just depends on which store you go to, and a bit of luck I guess
    09-29-14 10:12 PM
    But if you try enough stores you will be able to get the phone for sure
    09-29-14 10:12 PM
    And now it is sold out again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-14 10:16 PM
    Experiences will vary. I had to visit probably a dozen Telus/Bell stores in Calgary before someone would sell to me off-contract with no song and dance for my Z30 last year.

You'll hear the usual stuff other people have said in this thread... three month service required, or that they simply won't do it for newly released phones. All BS.

I went to the same Telus store I finally got my Z30 at, and got my Passport. The salesperson didn't even say Hi, or ask if I needed help... he opened up with "That phone isn't good for one handed use". Wow.

He also tried to tell me to buy direct from BlackBerry as it was $599 online... despite it being $699 in Canada. With some song and dance, he eventually "asked" for & got approval from his Manager to sell outright.

At least this time around, I only had to visit one store - not 12. Still an annoying experience though.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:18 PM
    I don't bother going to the store unless I can verify that I can buy it outright 100% through the phone.
    09-29-14 10:22 PM
    Yeah well they want to lock you in. And forget your nice plan with unlimited everything and 10GB of data... they will tell you that you need to be on one of their new and expensive "plus" plan.

I wish that the CRTC had went one step further is simply ban contracts. They should offer phones either outright or on a financing plan.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:33 PM
    Contracts are financing plans already.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:37 PM
    I can understand what the OP is talking about. My mom went to 5 telus operators in red Deer, No one would sell her the phone. Even paying Off Plan they insisted she allocate both phones to a Telus number. They said no basically.

I ordered on Amazon USA
    09-30-14 02:08 AM
    Ask to get a prepaid account setup, if you aren't and don't want to be, with Telus.

Don't go when they are busy. They should unlock it for you before you leave the store.

Flattery gets you everywhere... gender be damned.

Passport || Fido
    09-30-14 03:24 AM
    I would also deal only with a corporate store rather than a franchise. Franchises don't make their money on device sales, well, not that much anyway, they make their money on selling plans, it's why you sometimes see stores like Best Buy selling devices way below what others do as they're supplementing the shortfall from their commission the carrier pays them and they will generally only sell a device with a plan. Corporate stores don't necessarily unless directed to by their head office. The trouble is, it's hard to tell a corp and franchised stored apart sometimes, very often impossible, and you should ask before talking about the device.
    09-30-14 08:18 AM
    y
    I would also deal only with a corporate store rather than a franchise. Franchises don't make their money on device sales, well, not that much anyway, they make their money on selling plans, it's why you sometimes see stores like Best Buy selling devices way below what others do as they're supplementing the shortfall from their commission the carrier pays them and they will generally only sell a device with a plan. Corporate stores don't necessarily unless directed to by their head office. The trouble is, it's hard to tell a corp and franchised stored apart sometimes, very often impossible, and you should ask before talking about the device.
    Heres the thing. If im going to pay almost a grand for a phone where you have to beg and plead to have it unlocked!?!?! NO thanks! I'll take my business elsewhere. I can imagine a bigger gong show if your device is DOA and you have to go back to the stupid Telus store. DEF NO THANKS!
    10-01-14 05:33 AM
    My local Telus retailer wouldn't sell the phone to me. I called the next nearest Telus store and made a new friend.
    10-18-14 12:52 PM
    You can buy it online and have it delivered in a day or 2.
    10-18-14 01:05 PM
    You are spending big bucks and you have to argue with these clowns. No hardware support from them either, unless you have a plan with them. It is not just Telus, other carriers do the same. They are just as bad as used car salesmen. Don't waste your time, take your money elsewhere. I buy direct from shopblackberry, Amazon or other reputable online retailer.
    10-18-14 01:21 PM
46 12