I wonder how many phones Telus will sell during its week of exclusivity?
    Telus really knows how to milk someone huh.

I'm 100% sure that the quoted 599us price was MSRP and included profits. That was not the price Chen was selling the device to carriers for *tear*

Telus yanked the price up another 100
    Looks like Telus is TRYING to hurt BlackBerry or one of them doesn't know how to use a currency. Converter.. at the very least, they must assume that WE don't know how to convert currency. We all heard 599us(660cad) from the horses mouth. 750.. is it April already?

EDIT: probably giving Telus too much credit. But fingers crossed that 750 is just a deterrent/placeholder til the launch event.. at which time it should go down to 599usd aka 660cad
    09-23-14 11:15 PM
    750 on the Telus Web site.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 11:19 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Let's wait and see tomorrow....

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 11:27 PM
    Even telus' website doesnt want to accept the new form factor of the passport!

Telus Store called: Passport coming Oct 2-passport.jpg
    nah.uhh likes this.
    09-23-14 11:30 PM
    09-24-14 11:04 AM
    So I went into a Telus store today and asked to see the Passport. They had one "display" model that had the correct dimensions but no "functioning insides" It's like those fake TV's in the furniture stores. The keypad seemed to work but I have no idea if it was the capacitive touch keypad. I was educating the sales person about all the great features of the passport. I pointed out the dynamic volume adjusters to improve call quality and he mentioned that was one of customers complaints these days so he thought that was good. By the time I was done playing with it and explaining it's features , he said "well you sold me" which I thought was great. He did not yet have any in stock for sale.

He was even willing to put me on a list of people to call me back when they come in.

Hopefully we can all get out there and play with these live units and win over some fans among the sales staff since that's where it all begins.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:49 PM
    So I went into a Telus store today and asked to see the Passport. They had one "display" model that had the correct dimensions but no "functioning insides" It's like those fake TV's in the furniture stores. The keypad seemed to work but I have no idea if it was the capacitive touch keypad. I was educating the sales person about all the great features of the passport. I pointed out the dynamic volume adjusters to improve call quality and he mentioned that was one of customers complaints these days so he thought that was good. By the time I was done playing with it and explaining it's features , he said "well you sold me" which I thought was great. He did not yet have any in stock for sale.

He was even willing to put me on a list of people to call me back when they come in.

Hopefully we can all get out there and play with these live units and win over some fans among the sales staff since that's where it all begins.

Posted via CB10
    Fly to Victoria. We got lots

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    09-24-14 06:07 PM
    I wonder how many phones Telus will sell during its week of exclusivity?
    Telus really knows how to milk someone huh.

I'm 100% sure that the quoted 599us price was MSRP and included profits. That was not the price Chen was selling the device to carriers for *tear*

Telus yanked the price up another 100
    Looks like Telus is TRYING to hurt BlackBerry or one of them doesn't know how to use a currency. Converter.. at the very least, they must assume that WE don't know how to convert currency. We all heard 599us(660cad) from the horses mouth. 750.. is it April already?

EDIT: probably giving Telus too much credit. But fingers crossed that 750 is just a deterrent/placeholder til the launch event.. at which time it should go down to 599usd aka 660cad
    Didn't John Chen say the 599 was for the US NOT North America?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 07:26 PM
    Didn't John Chen say the 599 was for the US NOT North America?

Posted via CB10
    historically, even right now, all devices on shopblackberry Canada and USA are equal in price. Z30=499 for example.
    Even now, the passport price on shopblackberry usa is 699, equal to the shopBlackBerry Canada website. But USA gets a $100 sale.. so.. it actually isn't 599 msrp anywhere in North America

Either way, 699 cad = 630usd. The phone should be no more than 675cad msrp IF it is 599usd.
    09-24-14 09:41 PM
109 ... 345