I dont, and I'd rather not post it for risk of getting in trouble. I think if you look through my post history I posted some info and images about the Bold 9900 release before it launched if you need some credibility to my claim.
    And yes, I am a Telus employee
    Completely understandable. Wouldn't want you get get in trouble either. Hopefully the Joe Public on contract price is right around that mark because if so Im a day one purchase. Im generally not a hype guy, but Im really enjoying all the enthusiasm around the forums right now.
    09-22-14 06:11 PM
    Bell is ridiculously priced anyway. They had the Z30 at 750 even when Telus and Rogers had it at 599.

I paid 599 for my Z30, and don't want to pay more than 649 for the Passport.

I'll have to pay tax, unlocking fees and potentially shipping fees on top of that, so not acceptable.

If Telus has a one week exclusivity deal, I'll buy it from some US reseller. Even with exchange rate, shipping and price gouging. It will still be less than 750

Posted via CB10
    The point I'm trying to make is that the carriers rarely have the best off-contract pricing. Because they would rather you didn't buy off-contract.

The likelihood is that the SRP in Canada probably will be $650. Just don't count on the carriers to respect that.
    raino and schmeat like this.
    09-22-14 06:23 PM
    I'll be watching shopblackberry.com
    certainly wont buy from the bell store.
    09-22-14 06:35 PM
    Might be shop blackberry for me also !
    Will ship it to relatives in the US.
    But the question is can I use a Canadian billing address for an order shipping to the US??

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:14 PM
    The point I'm trying to make is that the carriers rarely have the best off-contract pricing. Because they would rather you didn't buy off-contract.

The likelihood is that the SRP in Canada probably will be $650. Just don't count on the carriers to respect that.
    Oh yes, I certainly agree.

I doubt it, but hopefully it hits Shop BlackBerry.

I don't think they would undercut the carriers though, and risk hurting their relationship further.

So if they even have them available on the website at launch, then I expect them to be a little more pricy.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:26 PM
    I missed this thread and started another, sorry. My Telus store phoned about 2 hours ago, my Passports will be in on the 24th at 10 am.

Posted via CB10
    How did you pre-order?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:07 PM
    Oh yes, I certainly agree.

I doubt it, but hopefully it hits Shop BlackBerry.

I don't think they would undercut the carriers though, and risk hurting their relationship further.

So if they even have them available on the website at launch, then I expect them to be a little more pricy.

Posted via CB10
    Carriers don't want to sell off contract anyways and by and large the general public isn't gonna check out shopblackberry. One of the things I would think as a good idea is for BlackBerry to make better use of shop blackberry. Sell for the MSRP in that specific market to keep the carriers honest.

It's not like even rogers did much to support the BB10 launch so really there is no "carrier support" and Chen didn't have a problem publicly sticking it to a certain US carrier so why let the Canadian ones gouge the market by selling WAY over MSRP.

The public and press are going to assume BlackBerry is setting the 750 price point and it's BlackBerry that will take the PR hit not the carriers. If they sell direct on shopblackberry it's easy to point and say hey our MSRP is $599 (or$649) and feel free to purchase it from us at that price, as we cannot force the carriers to sell it to you at a fair price.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:23 PM
    Your telus store is wrong. Telus already posted a bulletin for it. The launch is Sept 24th. Orders begin today and retail is $700. 2 year pricing is $200 for the first week and $250 after.

Posted via CB10
    I'm calling BS on this. I work for Telus and there is no bulletin on Habitat. But your numbers sound realistic.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    09-22-14 08:31 PM
    I'm calling BS on this. I work for Telus and there is no bulletin on Habitat. But your numbers sound realistic.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    Did you check everything on habitat? Also, to me, that price sounds too high. But we're supposed to receive the shipments Tuesday or Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:35 PM
    I'm convinced that there'll be shipments in mid week. BUT - Telus guys, is it common for them to hold off on release until, say, the Monday after? Because if it's not out this week that's the only possibility, there are shipments on the way, and they will be in stores this week.
    09-22-14 08:51 PM
    Did you check everything on habitat? Also, to me, that price sounds too high. But we're supposed to receive the shipments Tuesday or Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    I hunted. I've hinted every day for a week haha. Only thing I've found it is shows they've shipped passports and passport accessories to my store, but it doesn't show a quantity nor a arrival date. However, I don't think it would show unless it were coming ASAP.

09-22-14 08:55 PM
    Let me ask my Telus people too
    09-22-14 10:12 PM
    Carriers don't want to sell off contract anyways and by and large the general public isn't gonna check out shopblackberry. One of the things I would think as a good idea is for BlackBerry to make better use of shop blackberry. Sell for the MSRP in that specific market to keep the carriers honest.

It's not like even rogers did much to support the BB10 launch so really there is no "carrier support" and Chen didn't have a problem publicly sticking it to a certain US carrier so why let the Canadian ones gouge the market by selling WAY over MSRP.

The public and press are going to assume BlackBerry is setting the 750 price point and it's BlackBerry that will take the PR hit not the carriers. If they sell direct on shopblackberry it's easy to point and say hey our MSRP is $599 (or$649) and feel free to purchase it from us at that price, as we cannot force the carriers to sell it to you at a fair price.

Posted via CB10
    Again, I agree with you. Totally agree.

I would love to see BlackBerry post them up for a good price on their site.

Even being fully aware that most people don't check out, most people don't buy off contract anyway. So the better option for them is their carrier.

But then we would be assuming BlackBerry did something intelligent.

They've unfortunately been lacking in that department.

While in would love to see BlackBerry give carriers the middle finger, it might simply not be in their power or best interest to do it right now.

But hey, I'd love to be proved wrong and be very surprised on Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    09-22-14 10:17 PM
    I'm calling every store on Wednesday to check if there's any stock and also got people in stores saving me one if I don't find one myselff.
    09-22-14 10:19 PM
    I'm calling every store on Wednesday to check if there's any stock and also got people in stores saving me one if I don't find one myselff.
    These aren't Iphones. You'll find stock.

Even if they order very few, you'll find a couple.

Maybe not in the largest stores but somewhere for sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 10:33 PM
    I've been waiting for this phone for a long time, I get things done when I put the time into it and I would like it asap. Switching from z30 to q10 is sucks as i am so used to the huge screen. And I love to support blackberry,
    09-22-14 10:47 PM
    Lol what is sales tax wherever Telus is? 8% tax on 599 is alitter more than $45.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    In Canada a Province either has PST (Provincial Sales Tax - which is like a State Tax) and GST (Government Sales Tax - which is a Federal Tax) or they have HST which is a combo both. Most HST is between 12-13%.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 11:55 PM
    You can also check out TaxCalc Canada in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/54009887

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 01:54 AM
    Blackberry please get the Canadian price right. $599 would be nice in Canada, but I understand the currency exchange. Hope this phone is $649 or $699 outright, if by chance it's over forget the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:54 AM
    De Planes, De Planes, De Planes on the 24th are the shipments coming into each of the launch markets.
    09-23-14 06:51 AM
    Blackberry please get the Canadian price right. $599 would be nice in Canada, but I understand the currency exchange. Hope this phone is $649 or $699 outright, if by chance it's over forget the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I'm not paying over 649

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 08:46 AM
    If this turns out to be the Canadian price then ***************************, and some seriously cheap crack too that's really messing with their brain. That's same or more expensive than every single one of the other top tier devices, but you get nothing for it but the phone. No ecosystem at all. The contract price is an even bigger joke if true. It is more expensive than virtually every subsidized top-tier phone, save iPhone. I so very, very much hope you are misinformed because otherwise you can throw the entire "competitive pricing" argument right out the window. This phone isn't going to sell 10,000 pieces by the end of the quarter at that price.

Posted via CB10
    You seem awfully resentful. There are some excellent treatments available for anger issues these days.

Look, if the SRP in the US is $599 the likely Canadian SRP is $650. But CARRIERS are under no obligation to follow that and shopblackberry.com likely won't have it for a month or two.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 09-23-14 at 03:41 PM.
    raino likes this.
    09-23-14 09:02 AM
    You seem awfully resentful. There are some excellent treatments available for anger issues these days.

Look, if the SRP in the US is $599 the likely Canadian SRP is $650. But CARRIERS are under no obligation to follow that and shopblackberry.com likely won't have it for a month or two.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha, nah, too many times burnt by BlackBerry. I still use their devices. Heck, this was posted from a Z10. They are out to lunch completely if they don't honor the $599 price in Canada. I want to see then back in the hot seat. It's frustrating to see obvious blunders time and time again. I don't know why I feel so passionate about it really. Something about the iconic status of BlackBerry, and them being Canadian. Also, they do have control over carrier pricing. In fact, they can control the entire channel if they wish. Allowing Telus or anyone else to offer the device st such high prices will only hurt them. It will do nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, to help the brand.

I guess I should also add that as a Canadian I am tired of being price gouged. We pay more for everything here, often with no good reason behind it. One example, the new Volvo XC90, when asked why they are pricing it $15,000 more in Canada than in the US, the response was basically "the market will bear it so we do it because we can".

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh and andy957 like this.
    09-23-14 09:14 AM
    Just went to my local Telus store in Hamilton. Said they received an announcement today on their employee site. Still no date. Said maybe a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 10:16 AM
    It seems obvious you don't know that HST is 13%. If the US price is $599 and you factor in the currency exchange rate then CDN price should be around $649. Add HST of 13%, the total will be over CDN$730.00

***John Chen or BlackBerry does not have control over your sales taxes****
    I live in the US , why the hell would I know anything about Canadian tax? ""

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    09-23-14 10:33 AM
109 1234 ...