Hey, has anyone else had issues unlocking the pp on Telus? Blackberry code source hasn't been able to get my code, and now Telus is saying I have to activate the phone in order for it to be unlocked. Which means I have to activate a prepaid account in order to get it running. Anyone else had this issue? Btw this is what a Telus rep told me lol

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 09:32 AM
    Hey, has anyone else had issues unlocking the pp on Telus? Blackberry code source hasn't been able to get my code, and now Telus is saying I have to activate the phone in order for it to be unlocked. Which means I have to activate a prepaid account in order to get it running. Anyone else had this issue? Btw this is what a Telus rep told me lol

Posted via CB10
    How my code in about 4 hours from unlockmenow.ca

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-19-14 09:34 AM
    Ya I'm actually still waiting for that code, if it comes I just hope I don't hear the same issue, but still I just need to know if this activating the Telus pp really is the problem

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 09:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    When you type *#06# into the phone app, what's the last digit displayed after the 15 digit IMEI?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 09:44 AM
    How my code in about 4 hours from unlockmenow.ca

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    BTW the cost was17.00
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-19-14 10:46 AM
    Unlocked my PP from telus no problem at all

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    10-19-14 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you know someone with a Telus account >90 days in good standing just get them to call Telus with your IMEI and they will unlock it. But $35.
    10-19-14 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Prepaid is an option directly through Telus. Call them. Open a prepaid account pay with your visa, use the 35 pre pay to unlock your phone

10-19-14 12:18 PM
    I had mine unlocked from Telus for $35. No need for a plan. Just bought outright and called their unlock phone number. Was unlocked immediately.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:55 PM
    I had no problems getting it unlocked from Telus, called paid $35 and got the code. I would look into having to activate it through Telus for an unlock code, doesn't seem right. As far as I'm aware if you buy a phone outright they have to let you unlock it as soon as you want.
    10-19-14 03:55 PM
    Hey tsmd,

We managed to process a code for you and sent you the code earlier

Check your junk mail just incase it went there.

have a great week ahead!
    footmatix likes this.
    10-19-14 04:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    The following link is from Telus and tells you everything you need to know about unlocking your phone.
    Get Help | TELUS.com

From what I've been told before, in order to be unlocked the phone needs to be able to communicate with the Telus network and this can only happen if it is first activated on Telus (either prepaid or postpaid). So if you purchased the phone from them outright and already had an account with them, you would just pay the $35 unlock fee. However, if you don't have an account with them, in order to unlock it you must first setup a prepaid account (so the phone can be added to their network), add $35 to your account, and then get them to apply the money in your account to the $35 unlock fee (like Carjackd mentioned in post #8) so they can unlock it. With or without a Telus account, the price to unlock is the same, but it just requires an extra step (i.e. account setup) if you were not previously a Telus customer.
    10-19-14 04:31 PM
    BBCS did it for my Telus BB PP. Took about 15 hours.
    10-19-14 05:09 PM