If John Chen said early September then I would be betting on early September. But this whole early September thing is just a rumor, and when it comes to rumors of earlier than expected launch dates - well we all know BlackBerry is batting a zero.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:37 AM
    Phone now and get your name on the waiting list, or if you have a friend like me get him to put it away for you.
    Does Verizon have a list?? I'm all over it if they do. The last store rep I spoke to seemed adamant that Verizon would not carry the Passport. Now I'm starting to think he was either clueless, a hater, or simply miscommunicated that perhaps Verizon would not display demo units. I'm losing that sense of dread that Passport would skip Verizon and I'm getting all spun up for September!
    08-21-14 07:15 PM
    Ya if it's early September then they'd have a launch party next week. I don't see that happening
    08-21-14 08:20 PM
    Related thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=953947

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-21-14 08:25 PM
    I woke up Saturday morning with a phone that appeared to have bricked.
    Checking the battery, it seemed to be in place, and it had been charging when I went to bed. Thankfully though, pulling the battery and putting it back in got it going again. No further problems.
    Still, my fear is that my phone will go a week or so before the Passport is released, and I'll lose all of my contacts and emails.
    08-26-14 11:40 AM
    That just a general time line of what I expect based on past blackberry releases. Lol.

Posted on my Z30
    As per BlackBerry past device launch pattern, PhilipDZ have a point. Z3 was launched in April and it has reached Singapore a day ago. That's damn slow.

Let's hope Chen understands the need of passport to be a hit and make the right moves

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    08-26-14 12:32 PM
    Checking the battery, it seemed to be in place, and it had been charging when I went to bed. Thankfully though, pulling the battery and putting it back in got it going again. No further problems.
    Still, my fear is that my phone will go a week or so before the Passport is released, and I'll lose all of my contacts and emails.
    Ummn back it up? And if it goes.... load it all on the passport?
    08-26-14 12:55 PM
    A battery pull sorts out a whole host of issues and should always be your first thought when troubleshooting.

Most mobiles now are designed to work with cloud-based databases for things like contacts. I would advise you to set up Outlook.com as an email address and include contacts syncing. Gmail works too, as does Apple's iCloud. It provides automatic backup and also makes changing devices a snap. I'll be using iCloud as I am a lifelong Mac user.
    08-26-14 02:31 PM
    A battery pull sorts out a whole host of issues and should always be your first thought when troubleshooting.

Most mobiles now are designed to work with cloud-based databases for things like contacts. I would advise you to set up Outlook.com as an email address and include contacts syncing. Gmail works too, as does Apple's iCloud. It provides automatic backup and also makes changing devices a snap. I'll be using iCloud as I am a lifelong Mac user.
    Will iCloud backup a Blackberry device including apps, contacts etc? I would think it's geared more towards Apple devices?
    08-26-14 04:17 PM
    I've got news on this front. Check this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=954821

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-26-14 04:21 PM
    I'd be very encouraged on a personal level if Telus gets the Passport on launch day (early September). That leads me to believe that Verizon will get it then as well. At the risk of repeating myself, "I Really Have to Have a Passport."
    08-26-14 08:09 PM
    This is a ridiculous thread, so many dates, all guessing.. I should say I work for BlackBerry & say it's September 13th because that date sounds good.. lol.

Posted via SQN100-3
    08-26-14 08:18 PM
    I'd be very encouraged on a personal level if Telus gets the Passport on launch day (early September). That leads me to believe that Verizon will get it then as well. At the risk of repeating myself, "I Really Have to Have a Passport."
    I would be very, very surprised if Verizon gets the Passport on launch day, if at all. A CDMA variant hasn't even been through the FCC yet.
    08-26-14 08:20 PM
    I would be very, very surprised if Verizon gets the Passport on launch day, if at all. A CDMA variant hasn't even been through the FCC yet.
    I know, and it's killing me! I'm grasping at straws here and you have to go and bring facts into the discussion. Sheesh!
    08-26-14 09:48 PM
    Let us dream, let us dream!
    08-26-14 09:55 PM
    Does Verizon have a list?? I'm all over it if they do. The last store rep I spoke to seemed adamant that Verizon would not carry the Passport. Now I'm starting to think he was either clueless, a hater, or simply miscommunicated that perhaps Verizon would not display demo units. I'm losing that sense of dread that Passport would skip Verizon and I'm getting all spun up for September!
    I'm crossing my fingers, but being from right next to corporate HQs, I have a hard time believing the corporate people around this area will accept not having the option for such a different phone. Verizon is a major corporate presence here, so I expect them to at least offer the phone for order via online or phone.
    08-26-14 10:19 PM
    An ISP in South Africa have told me they will be selling the BlackBerry Passport in the Shops, Mid October (16th) (according to their procurement team) counting down the days

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 SQR100-2
    08-27-14 01:43 AM
    Ya my Rogers guy said October November for the passport. Kinda annoyed me to be honest. If that's the case I think I'm gonna just grab a Z30 since it's on for 0 dollars. Meh
    08-27-14 02:09 AM
    I'm really just interested in saving the contacts on the phone. Microsoft has a truly great contact management function that merges all of the various identical contacts one might have through multiple email accounts, social media, and so on.

There are multiple apps in the Microsoft app store that offer to back the data up, but I'm honestly not confident regarding their security. I could be providing personal date on friends, family, and business associates to some overseas hacker.

There probably is a way to back it all up on my desktop, and I may have done that at one point. I still have the computer that I originally used to set it up, but haven't been on it in a long time. If the Passport doesn't get released soon, I guess I'll have to look into that.

08-27-14 09:36 AM
    This is a ridiculous thread, so many dates, all guessing.. I should say I work for BlackBerry & say it's September 13th because that date sounds good.. lol.

Posted via SQN100-3
    Bam! One amongst them was right. Sept. 24th launch. My source wasn't lying.

09-02-14 11:30 AM
    09/24/2014

Posted via BBCBZ10
    Bam! One amongst them was right. Sept. 24th launch. My source wasn't lying.
    Make that more than one...

However, with invites going out for a launch event on the 24th, probably won't be seeing these bad boys until October in stores. Not too much longer either way (hopefully)...
    09-05-14 08:29 PM
    I read elsewhere that the US release is going to be later. maybe November, or possibly early 2015.
    09-08-14 08:28 AM
    Sucks for usa

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:36 AM
    Make that more than one...

However, with invites going out for a launch event on the 24th, probably won't be seeing these bad boys until October in stores. Not too much longer either way (hopefully)...
    Who knows. The HTC One M8 was available the day it was revealed. BB could do the same thing with the Passport. Either way, my credit card is always in had and ready in case a pre-order is announced ha.
    rukdngme likes this.
    09-08-14 09:52 AM
    I read elsewhere that the US release is going to be later. maybe November, or possibly early 2015.
    Where'd you read that? I dont believe it. Let's only post sourced claims and official words.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 10:30 AM
78 1234