I would like to hear about everyone's experience on the Retail side of things.
    Are we dealing with another AT&T fiasco where staff push us towards the iphone.

Are we getting educated staff on BB10 and the Passports features.

I would appreciate some feedback.

Regards
    09-29-14 12:14 PM
    Carphone warehouse:

So far, I "preordered" my Passport on Friday (you do the maths). Got my confirmation of order email. Called today to be told that my order is complete (credit check etc) but the rep thought the device hadn't been released yet. *sigh* been told it'll be available "within 7 days".

Very silent service from CPW, but that's nothing to do with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:33 PM
    Carphone warehouse:

So far, I "preordered" my Passport on Friday (you do the maths). Got my confirmation of order email. Called today to be told that my order is complete (credit check etc) but the rep thought the device hadn't been released yet. *sigh* been told it'll be available "within 7 days".

Very silent service from CPW, but that's nothing to do with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    How can they sell it instore then? You do have to wonder about communication in retail companies. It's not as if there is more then a handful handsets coming out each month.
    09-29-14 01:37 PM
    Telus, Carephone, Selfridges etc are the retailers supporting Passport-img_20140929_134823.png
    Telus, Carephone, Selfridges etc are the retailers supporting Passport-img_20140929_134833.png

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:50 PM
    Visited a Telus dealer on launch day and at least got to see the device. Rep was enthusiastic and gracious despite my admission that I was a Bell customer and wouldn't be buying there.

Later in the day the Passport came up as available to order in Bell's system and an independent authorized dealer agreed to call me as soon as he has stock. I'm going to check back in with him today to confirm that they'll be good to go for Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:13 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140929_134823.png 
Views:	353 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	301556
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140929_134833.png 
Views:	350 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	301557

Posted via CB10
    Just WOW. Unbelievable at this point.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    09-29-14 02:17 PM
    My local Vodafone store was the same, never heard of the passport and the guy was adamant that BlackBerry was dead and buried.

So I pulled out my z30 and opened up crackberry and showed him the pics from the launch of the passport.

He couldn't say sweet FA to me so I gave him some advice that he should get his facts right before giving out wrong info ie BlackBerry dead and buried. Then walked out...that's why I never buy my phones thru a network. They are clueless and only want to push iphones and samsungs onto u.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:31 PM
    My local Vodafone store was the same, never heard of the passport and the guy was adamant that BlackBerry was dead and buried.

So I pulled out my z30 and opened up crackberry and showed him the pics from the launch of the passport.

He couldn't say sweet FA to me so I gave him some advice that he should get his facts right before giving out wrong info ie BlackBerry dead and buried. Then walked out...that's why I never buy my phones thru a network. They are clueless and only want to push iphones and samsungs onto u.

Posted via CB10
    That's absolutely right and also the reason why I prefer to buy unlocked phones.

And it's kind of shocking how unqualified those carrier agents seem to be when it comes to the hardware they're selling. I know there are exceptions to this, but still, it is shameful in some way. How can sales stuff be so uninformed about anything that is going on in their own field of work? No other industry could do this.
    09-29-14 02:40 PM