I went to two different Telus stores - one in the Pacific Center in Vancouver and the other in the Richmond Mall in Richmond.

The store in downtown Vancouver was willing to sell the phone outright but the Richmond store wasn't.

At the same time, unless you need to get the phone subsidized you are better off purchasing the phone from Shop Blackberry - first it's $50 cheaper, second it's unlocked, third you get the VIP version as opposed to a non-VIP version and lastly you can save yourself all the hassle and bs you get when you go in store.

To be clear, the VIP version is in stock as I just ordered one less than an hour ago.

Best,

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 10-05-14 at 08:48 PM.
    10-05-14 07:09 PM
    Try see if rogers will sell you for 700, if not you can tweet them and they will talk to the store apparently. If you get it from local store, its easier to return, for example I had a dead pixel. If you were able to get in the coupongate, then BlackBerry shop is better option

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 07:11 PM
    Try see if rogers will sell you for 700, if not you can tweet them and they will talk to the store apparently. If you get it from local store, its easier to return, for example I had a dead pixel. If you were able to get in the coupongate, then BlackBerry shop is better option

Posted via CB10
    Good point about needing to return. How much do they charge to unlock the device?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 07:13 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I bought at Shop BlackBerry and had mine delivered to Toronto in two days (when there was still stock).

Awesome Phone!

Tellus vs Shop BlackBerry-facebook-20141005-095843.png

Posted via CB10
    robert_in_la likes this.
    10-05-14 07:21 PM
    try see if rogers will sell you for 700, if not you can tweet them and they will talk to the store apparently. If you get it from local store, its easier to return, for example i had a dead pixel. If you were able to get in the coupongate, then blackberry shop is better option

posted via cb10
    coupongate!!! Lmao
    10-05-14 07:28 PM
    I bought at Shop BlackBerry and had mine delivered to Toronto in two days (when there was still stock).

Awesome Phone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facebook-20141005-095843.png 
Views:	1504 
Size:	539.1 KB 
ID:	303459

Posted via CB10
    The VIP version is. Just ordered it and with the exchange rate it was cheaper to buy it via the Canadian site then if I were buy it in the US.

I have both US and Canadian credit cards and bank accounts. When I'm working in Canada I get paid in USD so I get the best of both worlds sort of speak... not to mention the expense deduction

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 07:29 PM
    Good point about needing to return. How much do they charge to unlock the device?

Posted via CB10
    I unlocked it through blackberrysourcecode, for $20usd
    10-05-14 07:44 PM
    What is the V.I.P. version of the Passport

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    10-05-14 07:47 PM
    VIP version comes with a case, and various adapters for world travel. Go to shop blackberry and search for Vip. Also search the forums, there is photos.
    robert_in_la likes this.
    10-05-14 07:51 PM
    Thanks, : )

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    10-05-14 07:57 PM
    I unlocked it through blackberrysourcecode, for $20usd
    Is the version they sell also the VIP?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 07:58 PM
    Is the version they sell also the VIP?

Posted via CB10
    no, telus sell the normal commoner version.
    10-05-14 08:18 PM
    no, telus sell the normal commoner version.
    Yes I know, I was asking about Rogers. Even though I ordered one I am a little concerned with the keyboard. Found the keys to be a bit stiff and also I was incredibly slow at typing compared to my Z10 and now Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 10-05-14 at 08:49 PM.
    10-05-14 08:37 PM
    Yes I know, I was asking about Rogers. Even though I ordered one I am a little concerned with the keyboard. Found b the keys to be a bit stiff and also I was incredibly slow at typing compared to my Z10 and now Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I think you will get used to it. I never had a keyboard BlackBerry before, so this was first physical keyboard BlackBerry for me, and maybe because of that, I caught on fairly quickly. I have used the storm 2, 9860 and z10

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 and robert_in_la like this.
    10-05-14 08:41 PM
    I went to Telus to try the demo. I have a passport ordered on rogers. I was worried about the keyboard also. I think it will just be a learning curve,just like I was worried going from a 9900 to a z10. After a while I got used to it
    10-05-14 08:42 PM
    I went to Telus to try the demo. I have a passport ordered on rogers. I was worried about the keyboard also. I think it will just be a learning curve,just like I was worried going from a 9900 to a z10. After a while I got used to it
    Nice to see that I am not the only one feeling that way.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 08:46 PM
    The VIP version is. Just ordered it and with the exchange rate it was cheaper to buy it via the Canadian site then if I were buy it in the US.

I have both US and Canadian credit cards and bank accounts. When I'm working in Canada I get paid in USD so I get the best of both worlds sort of speak... not to mention the expense deduction

Posted via CB10
    @robert_in_la: Do you need a Canadian credit card to order from Shopblackberry Canada? And is the listed price on Shopblackberry Canada for the VIP version in Canadian dollards?
    I am thinking of order a VIP version to Singapore and is confused whether the price is in U$ or CAD. Hope they accept non Canadian credit card.
    10-06-14 12:37 AM
    @robert_in_la: Do you need a Canadian credit card to order from Shopblackberry Canada? And is the listed price on Shopblackberry Canada for the VIP version in Canadian dollards?
    I am thinking of order a VIP version to Singapore and is confused whether the price is in U$ or CAD. Hope they accept non Canadian credit card.
    I have both US and Canadian credit cards so I used my Canadian card. I'll check my cc account online to see what I was charged but from what others have told me is that the Canadian site of the Shop Blackberry site list, and charges the prices in CAD.

The VIP version on the US site is listed at $700 USD and it's supposed to be $700 CAD on the Canadian site. Whereas the non VIP has it listed at $599 for the US and $699 in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Hai Bo likes this.
    10-06-14 12:49 AM
    I have both US and Canadian credit cards so I used my Canadian card. I'll check my cc account online to see what I was charged but from what others have told me is that the Canadian site of the Shop Blackberry site list, and charges the prices in CAD.

The VIP version on the US site is listed at $700 USD and it's supposed to be $700 CAD on the Canadian site. Whereas the non VIP has it listed at $599 for the US and $699 in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you @robert_in_la. I'll have a go with my card then, to see if they would accept non-Canadian card.
    10-06-14 01:15 AM
    Thank you @robert_in_la. I'll have a go with my card then, to see if they would accept non-Canadian card.
    I was charged in CAD... hope that helps.
    Hai Bo likes this.
    10-06-14 11:53 AM
    Just read in other threads that the VIP edition has been taken down the Canadian shopblackberry site.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:53 PM
    No VIP edition on the US site neither.
    10-07-14 08:44 PM
    No VIP edition on the US site neither.
    Honestly I think Digital River doesn't know what they are doing or selling... kind of embarrassing to say the least.
    10-07-14 08:51 PM