I'm struggling to have the keys make noises either saying the letters from activating 'keyboard echo', or getting the keys to make a clicking sound using 'feedback'. When I try keyboard echo, it won't move from the activation / cancel screen. What am I doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 07:48 PM
    On the Passport? The clicking noise comes from the physical keys.

However virtual keys will not give you feedback noise if you have set the 'silent' sound profile.
    10-11-14 08:06 PM
    My physical keys are silent.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 08:09 PM
    My physical keys are silent.

Posted via CB10
    When you press them they make a real clicking noise, and provide real haptic feedback (by sinking and providing a click), no??

Every type of vibration or sound that is used by virtual keyboards is designed to simulate the clicking noise and feeling of real keys like on the Passport.

With the Passport you get the real deal, but that means there is no "pretend" keypress noise unless you press a virtual key.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 08:19 PM
    I see your point. And yes, now the virtual keys click. But how do you get the keyboard echo to work?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:48 PM
    I see your point. And yes, now the virtual keys click. But how do you get the keyboard echo to work?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what you mean by that? Something that reads back the key you just pressed? I don't think that's an available feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:54 PM
    Go the help icon and type in keyboard echo. The setting is in the 'accessibility' section. It is supposed to allow the reading aloud of the letters, or if you choose, the entire words you type.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:25 PM
    Go the help icon and type in keyboard echo. The setting is in the 'accessibility' section. It is supposed to allow the reading aloud of the letters, or if you choose, the entire words you type.

Posted via CB10
    I saw that, but couldn't find it within the accessibility settings. Bizarre.

Edit: I found it now.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:51 PM
    But did it work?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:58 PM
    Alright, so what you have to do is go to settings, accessibility, then tap on "Screen Reader BETA", it will then open a menu for the screen reader settings.

If you then turn on the screen reader toggle button, it will pop up a box and start reading it. If you press cancel on that box it will turn screen reader OFF, instead it says "double tap with TWO fingers to turn on screen reader". So you have to use two fingers to tap twice on the screen to confirm that you want the screen reader ON.

It will then start reading everything on the screen that you put your finger on, and if you start typing in a field it will say the key pressed and even the completed word after a space bar.

To turn it off you just have to press the top power/lock key three times.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:01 PM