My AT&T BB Passport is going back to the store today, and I have picked up a Red BB Passport off Amazon. $150 less, and I love the Red Color. Very Cool.
    04-29-15 06:05 AM
    good luck with the Passport!
    04-29-15 06:51 AM
    04-29-15 10:25 AM
    But what if the At&t version comes out with a red passport? Just curious...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 10:49 AM
    Specific reasoning requested.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    04-29-15 12:18 PM
    is there a reason why you are returning the AT&T PP, besides that you wanted a red one?

Just curious, as I was thinking of taking the opposite route and going to get an AT&T version of the PP.
    04-29-15 02:47 PM
    Pretty sure he said he loves the color and and is $150 less? Lol.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    kertong likes this.
    04-29-15 03:02 PM
    Had the original and switched to the AT&T.

Original is more distinct, red is very sexy.
    However, AT&T is waay more nicer to type on and hold. Keyboard is soft and device is much more comfortable to hold because of the flat vs tapered border.

No ugly glue spot (though I believe red PP does not have this issue)

You'll see what I mean...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 12:21 AM
    Thank you for the insight. I have the original and don't necessarily have plans to switch, but I was wondering about the practical benefits of the differences
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    04-30-15 12:29 AM
    Can second nbaliga's post. Spot on, coming from someone who went original to AT&T.
    04-30-15 12:58 AM
    I find the OG Passport offers a more solid typing experience compared to the ATT Passport's flimsy keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:29 AM
    I grabbed the AT&T to try, simply because I could get my hands on it immediately. Once I did more homework, I knew I had to have Red, plus with it being $150 cheaper, why stick with AT&T? For what, their friendly in store staff?

But what if the At&t version comes out with a red passport? Just curious...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 05:01 AM
    Agree 100%, BUT I understand, everyone's preferences are different. But no doubt, for me, the OG Passport is a better typing experience.
    I find the OG Passport offers a more solid typing experience compared to the ATT Passport's flimsy keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 05:02 AM
    I grabbed the AT&T to try, simply because I could get my hands on it immediately. Once I did more homework, I knew I had to have Red, plus with it being $150 cheaper, why stick with AT&T? For what, their friendly in store staff?
    Except for now, the next guy who walks into the AT&T you returned it to and asks for a Passport will hear "Why do you want that? It's horrible, people keep returning it.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 10:09 AM
    And by "solid" you mean the physical build quality of the keyboard? Or you actually type better on the OG Passport?

The AT&T keyboard is definitely softer, but by no means do I find it flimsy or cheap. I think they did a very good job with it, so much easier to type on IMO. I don't think it's the keys that are different, but what's going on underneath.
    04-30-15 01:36 PM
    And by "solid" you mean the physical build quality of the keyboard? Or you actually type better on the OG Passport?

The AT&T keyboard is definitely softer, but by no means do I find it flimsy or cheap. I think they did a very good job with it, so much easier to type on IMO. I don't think it's the keys that are different, but what's going on underneath.
    The OG Passport has more assuring key presses, almost feels like pressing miniature clay tablets. Very round with a pleasant round key-click. Very tight. Maybe a little too much pressure required at first, but it lessens after a month or so.

The ATT Passport is very easy to type on, your fingers can glide across the keys, typing with very little effort. But the feel is rather hollow and shallow in comparison. A little loose feeling. Jangly, in my opinion.

I just prefer the former, and find the OG to offer the more satisfying typing experience. I'm fastest with whatever I'm used to. Fatigue hasn't been an issue yet, but I can see how it could be for some.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:29 AM
    Good choice.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 02:16 AM