11-10-14 08:54 PM
55 123
tools
    AT&T doesn't have much love for BlackBerry, but TMO has an active feud! I'd go with AT&T unless you want to keep sideloading radios etc over the next couple of years.
    Huh? TMO was the first carrier in the U.S. to officially release the 10.2.X update to Z10 and Q10 users. Yes, VZW accidentally let their users update for a brief time, but that was an accident. Their official release was after TMO's. ATT's was much later. There are a bunch of thread about it.

Since Z30's and Passports aren't on TMO, users have to buy unlocked devices, which update direct from BlackBerry. The only thing that usually holds up an update with TMO is Wi-Fi Calling and that's not supported with the Z30 and Passport, so updating through BlackBerry is fine. ATT user using ATT-locked devices will have to wait.

If the feud gets bad and TMO wanted to they could also block BBM Video etc. on their network.
    Does TMO have a history of blocking users? ATT certainly does... search for "ATT facetime block" "ATT hangouts block"... and there weren't feuds going on. Why fear monger?
    11-07-14 11:12 PM
    You're the only other person from Philly that I know uses BB. Definitely a small club.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. I know one other person besides you. I guess there are only three passport users in the Philadelphia region.

We should make a club!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 07:52 AM
    Never used TMO, but I just switched to AT&T from VZW and I am noticing a difference in coverage - VZW is the best!
    11-10-14 04:16 PM
    I've been in wireless for 15 years and here is my advice:

You need to test each network where you Live, Work, and Play.

1) Walk into a MetroPCS store and get a SIM card and test it for a month. MetroPCS runs on the T-Mobile Network with no throttling.

Then

2) Walk into an AIO / Cricket Wireless store and get a SIM Card. Cricket uses the ATT network, however it is throttled to 8mbps.

If you decide to go with MetroPCS / TMUS, something to keep in mind... TMUS has recently announced the WIFI Cell that you may use in your home. Also, they have a 4GLTE booster that you may use in your home. I think ATT offers something similiar.

If you stick with MetroPCS or Cricket, you won't have access to those options, but it if works where you Live, Work, and Play it doesn't matter.

Some networks have better coverage in Montana. I don't go to Montana so I don't care. When choosing a wireless carrier, make sure you choose it for the reasons that benefit YOU most and satisfy YOUR needs.

Good Luck.
    11-10-14 06:31 PM
    Passport will be delivered to Digital River tomorrow by 10:30am and I'll have my refund within 5-7 business days.

Ported back into Verizon and they removed termination fee smoothly as were happy to have me back. That money will go towards the Classic.

The Passport didn't work in my home on T-Mo or AT&T and the Microcell Tower couldn't be placed anywhere close enough to catch the GPS signal and work. The worst part is that the Passport is amazing! The keyboard is absolutely unmatched. Oh well, maybe one day...but for now it's hold out for the Classic.
    11-10-14 08:54 PM
55 123