I was at the mall w/ my daughters yesterday and figured I would stop by the ATT store to put my hands on a Passport, since I've not yet held one. I walked in and took a glance around to see if I could find the BB section on my own, since I hate bothering people for simple tasks like that. When I didn't immediately see the BB section, and was queried by one of the salespeople, I asked, "Do you have the Passport?" He was confused. "Like, a passport wallet?" I said, "No, the Blackberry Passport." They said, "Uh, what?" I said, "You have no clue what I'm talking about, do you?" He was stumped. I left.

I'm glad to see all the nice posts by Blackberry on my Facebook feed, and all the raving reviews the Passport is getting. But, what good is that if I can go into a retail store for some hands-on time? That's disappointing.
    12-15-14 11:04 AM
    NO one in the AT&T Store will not have a bit of a clue until a couple of weeks before they get it to sale in the store.

Secret squirrelling with my Passport. C0001FE5D

*Edit- Well after Christmas rumored.
    12-15-14 11:13 AM
    The fools staffing the AT&T stores in my area all insist that Blackberry has been discontinued.
    12-15-14 11:19 AM
    When I took my Passport to a local AT&T store to get a SIM they had no clue that AT&T was supposed to be the exclusive carrier for the Passport in the USA. Not one reference to BlackBerry in the entire store. They didn't even have what brand of phone my Z10 was.
    12-15-14 12:21 PM
    I think AT&T has given up on Blackberry. None of the retail store associates nowadays even know who makes the Z10, let alone know about the Blackberry OS. Meaning they do not receive training on Blackberry devices. The last time I was in an AT&T retail store was to get a new SIM card for my Passport also and I saw ZERO Blackberry advertising/promotions within the store. Whats upsetting is that I saw a lot of WindowsPhone advertising/promotions and I thought WindowsPhone and Blackberry were close to neck & neck when it came to consumer market share. I could be wrong... Nonetheless, its kinda sad if you ask me...

I guess everyone has their favorites, including wireless companies.
    12-15-14 12:39 PM
    I walked in with my Z10 and passport,getting the SIM for passport.
    The ATT rep helping me asked 'what is different with the Passport'..i showed her the Z10 and passport, thinking,it kinda explains,at least the physical difference. She said nothing..ha

I should have asked what's different with iPhone 4,5,6..

Passport on ATT
    12-15-14 02:03 PM
    OP- How did you expect a phone that's not even yet released on ATT or on their website to exist in any of their stores????
    MikeX74 likes this.
    12-15-14 02:14 PM
    The fools staffing the AT&T stores in my area all insist that Blackberry has been discontinued.
    Yeah. When I asked about it, I had one ask me if the new BlackBerry Passport.........was a new Android. I could have tazed him in the throat.
    12-15-14 02:17 PM
    I was in a number of airports this last week and noted ATT has a big ad campaign going for a new plan package they are pushing. It is called the ATT Passport. Sadly has a picture of a Samsung phone along with it. For a pico-second I actually thought they were advertising the BlackBerry Passport.
    On a positive note I had flight attendants on a couple of different flights stop and look at my Passport and say 'cool' phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:47 PM
    I had an even worse experience in two different retail stores. Not only did neither ATT retail store ever hear about the Passport, they couldn't even activate it with an ATT Sim card and were of absolutely no help telling me in it was incompatible with the ATT network.

I have been using TMobile for months and miss ATT's superior network. But I have not been able to get the Passport activated at an ATT store. Another big problem has been the Amazon app store preloaded has never worked.

So even though there is a lot I absolutely luv about the Passport, two glaring flaws have me seeing red, no support from ATT and Amazon app store not working EVER! Although I did dl Snap, so there are alternatives to Amazon app store

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 05:59 PM
    My local ATT parlor in Kentucky created a nano SIM and I used Device Switch to escape android-land. Admittedly, the rep was a former Blackberry aficionado and that likely helped. I avoid non-native applications as a rule. The Blackberry applications have been flawless on the ATT network. Blend works just fine after I understood that I could not actually "explore" the connected device/desktop. Unfortunate but not crippling.
    12-17-14 06:23 PM
    I had an even worse experience in two different retail stores. Not only did neither ATT retail store ever hear about the Passport, they couldn't even activate it with an ATT Sim card and were of absolutely no help telling me in it was incompatible with the ATT network.

I have been using TMobile for months and miss ATT's superior network. But I have not been able to get the Passport activated at an ATT store. Another big problem has been the Amazon app store preloaded has never worked.

So even though there is a lot I absolutely luv about the Passport, two glaring flaws have me seeing red, no support from ATT and Amazon app store not working EVER! Although I did dl Snap, so there are alternatives to Amazon app store

Posted via CB10
    What was you previous device. If you have the proper sim,try calling AT&T customer service. There are too many of us that have the Passport working on AT&T. AT&T tech support had to help me when I bought the Q10 unlocked. This time out, it was smooth as butter at the local store!

Secret squirrelling with my Passport. C0001FE5D
    12-17-14 06:29 PM
    I read on here all the time people using the Passport on ATT or having Amazon App Store working, two things that have eluded me in my experience with the device.

I just don't get how one cannot just pop in the sim to a GSM phone and have it work without a hassle? I haven't called ATT tech support to try to describe a phone no one at ATT has ever seem to heard of?

I am wondering if downloading the ATT OS update leak is worth a shot? Also if ATT is working on an OS update, one would think that there will be official Passport support soon. It can't come soon enough since TMobile's network sux and I live in NYC!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 07:05 PM
    I read on here all the time people using the Passport on ATT or having Amazon App Store working, two things that have eluded me in my experience with the device.

I just don't get how one cannot just pop in the sim to a GSM phone and have it work without a hassle? I haven't called ATT tech support to try to describe a phone no one at ATT has ever seem to heard of?

I am wondering if downloading the ATT OS update leak is worth a shot? Also if ATT is working on an OS update, one would think that there will be official Passport support soon. It can't come soon enough since TMobile's network sux and I live in NYC!

Posted via CB10
    The AT&T system needs to have knowledge of the phone by use of the IMEI number. This tells them that the phone is capable of the signals they send it. That is they will not send LTE signals if they do not know about the phone. So what happened initially in October when the PASSPORT was released their system did not recognize the passport's IMEI numbers. Since then I believe they now recognize them. When they did not you would not get LTE signals. Now since they do you get LTE.

No specific OS is needed on their network. I am running the Rogers leak that came out right after the release and it works great on AT&T.

At this time I am not aware of any issues of taking a passport IMEI number and putting on AT&T. It works great.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    12-17-14 07:36 PM
    The dude in my ATT store asked me to do him a favor and let him look at the PP. He was a former Z10 user and was quite impressed with the PP. He promised to "spread the word" about it at ATT.

Also, he had no idea of the pending release of the Classic. This was about a week ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:04 PM
    When I took my Passport to a local AT&T store to get a SIM they had no clue that AT&T was supposed to be the exclusive carrier for the Passport in the USA. Not one reference to BlackBerry in the entire store. They didn't even have what brand of phone my Z10 was.
    When I took mine to the store Monday I told the sales rep you all are going to be saleing these and all he said was"Might be",that was it.
    INTERESTING!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:18 PM