I picked up an AT&T Passport about a year ago for a spare device and haven't really used it much. I decided recently to try to use it as my daily driver for a week or so. I've bought unlock codes from two sellers on eBay, got one officially from AT&T, and purchased one from BlackBerry Code Source.

All sources give me the same code which does not work despite providing the correct IMEI so I'm down to 4 attempts. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas? Thanks.
    02-16-18 03:28 PM
    Make sure you’re using different carrier sim like tmobile. You cannot unlock the code using at&t sim.
    02-16-18 03:58 PM
    There is a software called Chimera tool (google it) which should be able to unlock a lot of phones with cable. AFAIK even if all attempts are used up. It's payed on a year basis but I think there is a try out time where among some others, a Passport could be unlocked. However, I have never tried it, so of course every try is made by your own responsibility. I guess there might be a risk to brick the phone. Maybe someone here know something more.
    02-19-18 09:26 AM
    Tried again with my T-Mobile sim. All sources I've tried give the same incorrect unlock code for my IMEI. Appreciate the info on the Chimera tool but for the price they're wanting (around $60 iirc) it's not worth it considering the age of the Passport and future of BB10. I guess I'm the only one with this unlocking issue after all.
    03-05-18 11:24 PM
    Tried again with my T-Mobile sim. All sources I've tried give the same incorrect unlock code for my IMEI. Appreciate the info on the Chimera tool but for the price they're wanting (around $60 iirc) it's not worth it considering the age of the Passport and future of BB10. I guess I'm the only one with this unlocking issue after all.
    I recommend put another 60$ on top of that 60$ and get a silver/OG unlocked (obviously second hand)! Just my idea and I certainly sure it would give you less hassles!

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    03-06-18 12:26 AM