Thanks Tim, I'm enjoying it so far. I've been away from BlackBerry for quite a while and it's a nice change of pace.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 01:25 PM
    I get emails all the time from att for samsung and i phone. Just one for BB.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 02:51 PM
    Kind of wondering how Chen defines corporate? Sure not meeting my full needs, nor anyone I know or work with.
    Just out of sheer interest, what needs aren't met?

Q10/CB10
    03-19-15 05:32 PM
    HIgh spec phablet. I need screen size or I need a 7 - 8" tablet. I often sit my hotel room, hooked up to the tv, running a bt mouse and keyboard editing dwg located either on my server or my phone. All these things take resources past the actual needs of the OS. I do not like carrying a laptop unless necessary. Not convenient in the field. Before you say get a Passport, Hmmmmmmmmmmm not available on Verizon.

That being said, I really wish they would build one phone that would run cdma and gsm with the majority of the bands available. Verizon phones do have some of the gsm bands on their global phones. I would move to ATT, but am finding their coverage lacks in some of the rural areas I hang in.
    03-20-15 11:23 AM
    IMHO ATT will never promote BlackBerry since the need for lots of support makes it high maintenance... ATT makes money by selling AIR & the hardware is only a means to that end. They don't want to train CS personnel to support these buggy things...
    03-20-15 11:28 AM
    The Device and OS is far from buggy. If you have not used a BlackBerry recently..you don't know. You can look at all the reviews you want but unless you have used it...your just throwing darts. I'm not sure about why ATT experience is the way it is or the limited supply up to this point. But the Reps..being in the device /wireless industry should at least be knowledgeable of what's coming out and different OS's to fit different needs, regardless if they have Apples or Droids in their pockets or even Windows phones for that matter.

The last interview I saw with Chen, he said he was not abandoning hardware so I'm not sure why ATT just seems to offer on the web...unless it is somehow tied to reduced distribution costs..meaning shipped to customer rather than shipped to stores etc.. or testing the US market.

Brought to you by an overpriced carrier.
    thedose likes this.
    03-26-15 03:05 AM
    When AT&T finally released the Passport, I went to my local carrier store to try it out. On day one they had neither the Passport or Classic on display. The gal who greeted me didn't even know what a Passport was or who made it. A guy came over who was carrying the Classic and said they have them, but only the Classic was going to have a working dummy. They weren't going to show the Passport. One of the other sales reps heard this and said he would check with the manager. I said, "good, hard to sell what you don't show". I had fears that the AT&T exclusive was going to be like the Verizon Z30 exclusive...only carrier to sell in the state was Verizon but you could only order online.

They brought out a dead Passport for me to hold (new in box). The manager said he would have working models available the next day. When I went back, they did have working models of both, but the charging thingy on the passport was broken. I fixed it by taking one from another phone. And told the clerk.

Two days later everything is diplayed and working. Trying to hold and type on the passport with the security straps in place makes the whole experience unreal.

Fast forward to March and I win a $100 off coupon from another fansite which makes the Passport only $499 thru Shopblackberry. That is a a nice savings from the AT&T version of $649. With the PayPal 6 months same as cash, this is too good a deal to ignore.

So now I have the Original Passport which I like better than the rounded AT&T version, running on AT&T'S network. They did provide the nano sim. What was funny when I had it activated was the salesman tried to upsale me to a case. I said no, my wife said yes. I said, "won't fit". To the salesman chagrin, I was right. He couldn't figure out why. Then he realized mine was square. He had never heard of a square Passport. He obviously needed to get out more.

Posted via CB10
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-26-15 07:07 AM
    IMHO ATT will never promote BlackBerry since the need for lots of support makes it high maintenance... ATT makes money by selling AIR & the hardware is only a means to that end. They don't want to train CS personnel to support these buggy things...
    It's probably not thaat far off. Except the 'buggy'.
    I was recently twice for longer periods at a local Apple Genius Bar and holy holy it was like a Turkish Bazar! People screaming and losing their cools because they can't figure out basic iOS functions. I was a bit shocked, considering how simple and intuitive iOS is.
    Moral of the story: iOS users will be deferred to Apple stores while BlackBerry users will probably try seek support at AT&T stores. And I'm sure AT&T employees would rather play around with their Note 4 than work...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 12:39 PM
    I just got my Passport on Monday and I had to go to 2 different ATT stores before I found one that had only one Passport in stock. I asked for the passport and the rep just gave me a dumbfounded look and asked if I was sure that I wanted a Blackberry. I assured him that I did and off he went to get the only one they had. Roughly 30 mins later and I was walking out with my new Passport in hand

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-26-15 04:45 PM
    Agree AT&T stores are horribly trained and their support for BlackBerry is non-existent. I went into a corporate store here in Sacramento CA and it was sad, horribly sad. Totally pissed me off. The stores and reps are nothing but pushers of ithis and Android. Windows and BlackBerry are nothing to them. Horrid really and so much misinformation. Go listen to some of the reps sometime. It's disheartening. BlackBerry has to find another avenue to market. The stores are not cutting it.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2576
    03-26-15 05:46 PM
    Hi have you found a good option for a case for the AT&T Passport yet? I just received two Passport cases today online that don't seem to fit. The AT&T Passport (2 weeks old now) is great btw!
    03-27-15 11:33 PM
    Hi have you found a good option for a case for the AT&T Passport yet? I just received two Passport cases today online that don't seem to fit. The AT&T Passport (2 weeks old now) is great btw!
    SEIDIO | SURFACE Case for BlackBerry Passport AT&T Version

https://www.att.com/cases/body-glove-satin-gel-case-and-holster-blackberry-passport.html
    Tim-ANC and RoseBud68 like this.
    03-28-15 09:19 AM
    I posted some time ago when I got my Passport the day after launch and went into my local south Reno AT&T store and the manager there fawned all over it. Went in again in December to get a nano SIM for my wife's red one. Again, he was smitten. So I went in the day after AT&T started carrying it and he came over to me showing off his new Classic. He was quite proud of it and told me his disappointment that his store did not receive any Passports. He was not sure if they would. I have not gone back since but it is nice to see that there are still some Berry fans at AT&T. Although in reading this thread, sounds like there are very few.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:03 AM
    I posted some time ago when I got my Passport the day after launch and went into my local south Reno AT&T store and the manager there fawned all over it. Went in again in December to get a nano SIM for my wife's red one. Again, he was smitten. So I went in the day after AT&T started carrying it and he came over to me showing off his new Classic. He was quite proud of it and told me his disappointment that his store did not receive any Passports. He was not sure if they would. I have not gone back since but it is nice to see that there are still some Berry fans at AT&T. Although in reading this thread, sounds like there are very few.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has 3% of world market share. So for every 100 store reps you meet, odds are 3 will be BlackBerry fans. I like being in the top 3 percentile.
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-28-15 11:10 AM
    BlackBerry is not a player in the consumer space. Consumers will not find devices in retail outlets. Consumers abandoned BlackBerry.
    Enterprise customers don't buy from retail outlets
    We get bulk pricing and the devices are either shipped to us or delivered by our rep.
    Why would AT&T or ANY retailer stock something that won't move?
    Order the device online and move on.
    Why is this so hard to remember?
    A voice of reason. Thank you.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-28-15 11:12 AM
    Agree AT&T stores are horribly trained and their support for BlackBerry is non-existent. I went into a corporate store here in Sacramento CA and it was sad, horribly sad. Totally pissed me off. The stores and reps are nothing but pushers of ithis and Android. Windows and BlackBerry are nothing to them. Horrid really and so much misinformation. Go listen to some of the reps sometime. It's disheartening. BlackBerry has to find another avenue to market. The stores are not cutting it.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2576
    Iphone and Android are consumer devices. Blackberry and Windows are not. Therefore they push the iphones and Androids.
    I know we love Blackberry and want them to do well but you can't blame the carriers for what Blackberry has done.

Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-28-15 11:18 AM
    Iphone and Android are consumer devices. Blackberry and Windows are not. Therefore they push the iphones and Androids.
    I know we love Blackberry and want them to do well but you can't blame the carriers for what Blackberry has done.

Yes. Don't get stuck in the herd.

I think BlackBerry will remain in the hardware business for at least the next few years. As long as they make enough for us, I don't care what everyone else wants or has.
    03-28-15 11:39 AM
    I just got my att passport and I like it alot ive had an android and an iphone and windows phone so far BB/Microsoft are my fave im in tx, If this helps, I live in the sugarland area we have two types of stores here an experience store or flagship and we have a consumer store or a kiosk the big stores have everything. I went in bought my passport had a invisible shield put on and a OS tutorial in 35 min. Now the small stores here really only carry what is sold day to day such as androids and the Iphoney those stores are really for kids. I work for dominos and have a corporate account i dont know if that makes a difference when i get service or not
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-28-15 11:47 AM
    Buy one through amazon. I called a few stores around the Boston area and most did not stock them. When mine arrived last week from Amazon i got a nano sim from my local att store, downloaded the latest software and it has been working Flawlessly.

If you buy an Att phone, it may be 6+ months before they release the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-28-15 03:47 PM
    Buy one through amazon. I called a few stores around the Boston area and most did not stock them. When mine arrived last week from Amazon i got a nano sim from my local att store, downloaded the latest software and it has been working Flawlessly.

If you buy an Att phone, it may be 6+ months before they release the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    Very true about ATT and OS releases. Learn how to load releases with Sachesi or by other methods described on these forums. AT&T is glacial.
    03-29-15 12:15 AM
120 ... 345