Just ordered Passport. (Wisconsin) I couldn't wait any longer:-). The ATT rep....a younger gentleman thought Blackberry was out of business . I whipped out my z10 and showed him the goodies....Hub, gesture,picture password, apps...and he was amazed. Then I said " well, the passport is even better"...Then I made him look it up and sell it to me. I told him when it arrives at my house, I'll come back to the store and show him the goodies on the Passport.

~Better with Blackberry~
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    03-12-15 06:03 PM
    Hey all, I'm here in the iPhone stronghold of san francisco and both ATT stores (not authorized retailers) knew almost nothing about the Passport. I ended up showing the very nice sales rep how it works. She ended up really liking it as well, but if there was any training on the new berry's it definitely wasn't apparent.

Posted via CB10
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-12-15 06:36 PM
    I too called 7 stores and 1 out of 7 had 1 and ONE only. I was the first to get it and they were sold out. I got it on day 1 but it was difficult to track an AT&T store who carried it in stock. They had a Classic and Passport on display but only in stock. How is this allowed towards AT&T standards yet making it exclusive just for AT&T yet, barely any stores carried BlackBerry period or had any in stock.

2 weeks later I called all 7 stores and the same place I purchased my Passport and none of them have it in stock since I got mine. Annoying and frustrating. Also, it doesn't help that there isnt any accessories for screen protection or cases available in any AT&T store.
    03-12-15 06:43 PM
    Sad that it even had to get that far.
    03-12-15 06:45 PM
    Can't believe I am saying this right now.... but this shouldn't come as a surprise. BlackBerry is focusing on corporate market now, not consumers. Carrier stores are for consumers.

Not saying that's the right decision or not, just saying they were not secretive about this decision so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-12-15 07:54 PM
    Kind of wondering how Chen defines corporate? Sure not meeting my full needs, nor anyone I know or work with.
    03-13-15 05:42 PM
    Well I just bought my passport today. Love it so far. The sales people thought I was crazy for buying this phone. One even came by and said "dang now they are Going to send us more passports because they think we can sell more". I sell told him that he should try and sell all the phones they carry not just iPhone and Android.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 05:54 PM
    Just ordered Passport. (Wisconsin) I couldn't wait any longer:-). The ATT rep....a younger gentleman thought Blackberry was out of business . I whipped out my z10 and showed him the goodies....Hub, gesture,picture password, apps...and he was amazed. Then I said " well, the passport is even better"...Then I made him look it up and sell it to me. I told him when it arrives at my house, I'll come back to the store and show him the goodies on the Passport.

~Better with Blackberry~
    I'm in oshkosh and just purchased the passport off contract. I brought it into the AT&T Store to get it activated and they were very unsupportive. He literally kept saying how ugly it was and how he couldn't believe I choose the device. I'm way to nice of a guy so I just laughed and said "to each his own". Honestly it's pretty unprofessional considering it's an AT&T device!

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-13-15 11:12 PM
    I don't research device choice at cellphone stores peopled by rejects from fast food jobs...
    gvs1341 and mkelley65 like this.
    03-13-15 11:16 PM
    I don't research device choice at cellphone stores peopled by rejects from fast food jobs...
    LMAO! That about sums it up.

~Better with Blackberry~
    ninjababoon and gvs1341 like this.
    03-13-15 11:26 PM
    I'm in oshkosh and just purchased the passport off contract. I brought it into the AT&T Store to get it activated and they were very unsupportive. He literally kept saying how ugly it was and how he couldn't believe I choose the device. I'm way to nice of a guy so I just laughed and said "to each his own". Honestly it's pretty unprofessional considering it's an AT&T device!

Posted via CB10
    Oshkosh is a nice city. I have been to the Air show a few times. I'm originally from Mad Town. Maybe we should complain to regional together and see if they give us some freebies or bill credits...walk in with our awesome Passports all angry with fire and pitchforks complaining :-)

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-13-15 11:30 PM
    At our att store (stand alone, not mall or kiosk) when I got my PP in nov2014, they never heard of it, but they quickly researched it & found out it took the same micro-sim as the ifon6...I know the guy there for years... quite the exception as he is well informed.& competent... amazing
    03-13-15 11:33 PM
    At our att store (stand alone, not mall or kiosk) when I got my PP in nov2014, they never heard of it, but they quickly researched it & found out it took the same micro-sim as the ifon6...I know the guy there for years... quite the exception as he is well informed.& competent... amazing
    I am assuming this is an ATT store not in the US?

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-13-15 11:39 PM
    Oshkosh is a nice city. I have been to the Air show a few times. I'm originally from Mad Town. Maybe we should complain to regional together and see if they give us some freebies or bill credits...walk in with our awesome Passports all angry with fire and pitchforks complaining :-)

~Better with Blackberry~
    Yeah its not too bad, I plan on moving out of state. I wish it were that easy lol. Honestly I just wish they wouldn't bash a product that they are selling for no reason at all. The sales rep don't owe anything to Google or Apple so why should they be biased. Give Blackberry a chance while it's still in your product line up... just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-13-15 11:49 PM
    I think half of those kids are too young to remember when BlackBerry was king or even used phones for important things. For some reason they are attracted to romper room colors and tactile feedback . :-) and half of them look to Facebook as a secure communication medium. Lol

~Better with Blackberry~
    moosbb, Tim-ANC and guruhabibi like this.
    03-14-15 12:06 AM
    Actually, my come back for the kids is to ask them how much they make a month. Then I tell them I make 6 - 7 times that amount and perhaps my phone preference and theirs has something to do with earning potential.
    Tim-ANC and Zeratul57 like this.
    03-18-15 02:55 PM
    They have a quota with Apple and Samsung pays for the marketing.

What exactly is BlackBerry bringing to the table to make them push it's devices?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 09:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's when you ask for manager and tell him you didn't come into his store to spend money only to be insulted by the rep.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and guruhabibi like this.
    03-18-15 09:11 PM
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 09:50 PM
    That's when you ask for manager and tell him you didn't come into his store to spend money only to be insulted by the rep.

Posted via CB10
    Agree too, but like he said, he's a nice guy. Didn't want to cause grief for the clerk.
    03-18-15 10:31 PM
    Actually, my come back for the kids is to ask them how much they make a month. Then I tell them I make 6 - 7 times that amount and perhaps my phone preference and theirs has something to do with earning potential.
    You feel better by belittling others? Wow.
    03-18-15 10:45 PM
    I called 5 local stores and none of them had the PP on display or in stock. I ordered mine online without ever seeing or holding one, and it came yesterday. My initial impressions are very good and I'm excited that it has wireless charging. I have my old Nokia Lumia charging pad and it works beautifully. It's going to take some adjustment coming from a Note 4, but I think I'm really going to like it.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-19-15 04:03 AM
    Just going through everyone's post, I see that the problem lies in both AT&T and BlackBerry. If AT&T is going to carry BlackBerry at least make an effort and not a tenth of a decent job. Not to train their staff about the product is inexcusable. Staff who falsely inform customer that BlackBerry is bankrupted or that AT&T no longer carries the brand should be dealt with a warning by store level management.

BlackBerry should also get involved and send out their product knowledge reps to talk with the sales guys and see them eye to eye. Clear the air and the misconception of the BlackBerry brand with these retail sales guys. They are just as clueless as any consumers.
    Powdah likes this.
    03-19-15 06:56 AM
    You feel better by belittling others? Wow.
    Yep, What goes around, comes around. If they did not give me flack for wanting a BB, then the response would be different. Ask the guy who was truly interested in the BB10 OS, yet had never had it demonstrated to him.
    03-19-15 12:15 PM
    I called 5 local stores and none of them had the PP on display or in stock. I ordered mine online without ever seeing or holding one, and it came yesterday. My initial impressions are very good and I'm excited that it has wireless charging. I have my old Nokia Lumia charging pad and it works beautifully. It's going to take some adjustment coming from a Note 4, but I think I'm really going to like it.
    Its an awesome device and hope you enjoy it. Use the tutorials to learn how to swipe, flick, and peek. Welcome to the forum and welcome to BlackBerry.

Helpful link here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-tips-965730/
    03-19-15 12:56 PM
120 ... 2345