So, I just called 7 AT&T stores in and around LA.
    None have the Passport in stock.
    It also doesn't sound like they've ever had it in stock.

AT&T has the audacity to force "re-design" the Passport, but neither feature it online nor stock it in any of their physical locations? In Los Angeles??

Anybody have any insides?

Additionally, serious question: does the AT&T version have any malware? Such as keyloggers, etc?
    Tabdus likes this.
    03-07-15 04:21 PM
    ATT is a joke.

I swung by a corporate store last week to look at the classic in person, and they already had the display taken down for both the passport and the classic. It was recently announce so they maybe kept it up for a week then? Or never even put it out?

The lady said they had it, just not displayed - then ran to the back and brought out a classic with the security bracket and everything still on it, cable dangling, and a dead battery. I couldn't even type on it because it wouldn't boot even plugged in because the battery was so dead.

She didn't know I already had a Passport, so the first thing she said when she brought it out was "So when are you ready to ditch Blackberry?". I told her "When I cant buy one of their phones anymore."

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    03-07-15 04:32 PM
    verizon doesn't carry z30 in LA ,you need to go online to get a pp
    if you watch ktla it was a guy reporting from barcelona,didn't mention one word about bb just samsung and htc
    03-07-15 04:35 PM
    It's just a bad joke.
    I really don't want to give AT&T any business, but on the other hand T-Mobile completely stopped carrying BB, ergo I don't really feel like giving them any business either. (1st world problems, I should be ashamed of myself)

I'll just wait for the next shopblackberry.com sales+coupons.
    franchise22 likes this.
    03-07-15 04:53 PM
    So, I just called 7 AT&T stores in and around LA.
    None have the Passport in stock.
    It also doesn't sound like they've ever had it in stock.

AT&T has the audacity to force "re-design" the Passport, but neither feature it online nor stock it in any of their physical locations? In Los Angeles??

Anybody have any insides?

Additionally, serious question: does the AT&T version have any malware? Such as keyloggers, etc?
    Amazon and best buy online both have the ATT PP in stock.
    thymaster and thedose like this.
    03-07-15 07:41 PM
    I'm in Texas bought mine through ATT web on Fri Feb 27 and it was delivered on Mar 3rd.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:44 PM
    Why isn't BlackBerry, the Company, addressing these obvious cases of sabotage? The BlackBerry hand set business in the US will continue to fail with these practices.

It's like the carrier execs discreetly tells workers to downplay blackberry, give zero marketing effort, but boost Android and iPhone hand sets.

This has been going on for years, yet I see nothing in tech articles or news. Odd.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:57 PM
    Why isn't BlackBerry, the Company, addressing these obvious cases of sabotage? The BlackBerry hand set business in the US will continue to fail with these practices.

It's like the carrier execs discreetly tells workers to downplay blackberry, give zero marketing effort, but boost Android and iPhone hand sets.

This has been going on for years, yet I see nothing in tech articles or news. Odd.

Posted via CB10
    I think it is more that blackberry does not require training at the carrier level.
    03-07-15 08:16 PM
    Love your answer. That sales rep is the kind of person ruining ATT

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:59 PM
    I went to 5 stores in the Houston area, all showing "In Stock" online and no one had one. I called 6 more stores and got through to 1 and they has just sold the only one they had received earlier in the day. ATTCares is no help, they just tell me to order it online. Ended up ordering online through Amazon and should be here on Monday morning. From what a couple of the ATT guys told me, people are wanting them as they get someone looking almost daily...but never get any in stock.

Chris
    03-07-15 09:52 PM
    I posted an unfortunately similar scenario here in Sacramento last week. AT&T reps and stores blow. And Blackberry best address these matters quickly. AT&T simply paid lip service they are not really supporting Blackberry in selling devices. I, for one, will never buy a branded device again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-08-15 12:57 AM
    That ATT Passport is watered down.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:08 AM
    I've read "watered down" before, but nobody is being specific?

Either way, thank you for everybody's input. I've decided to not order the AT&T version. I've already ordered T-Mobile SIMs and I'll order a Passport straight from BlackBerry as soon as there's another "sale"

Z30/CB10
    03-08-15 01:33 AM
    Perhaps BlackBerry should offer a higher commission to carriers and then they will push them out more instead of bad mouthing them everywhere

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 03:42 AM
    Every single time I have seen one of these threads it ends up that the store I'm question is not a corporate store but an authorized retailer. And ATT absolutely did training for the passport and classic release. I know tbat for sure because I know someone who was in one.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    03-08-15 04:02 AM
    Every single time I have seen one of these threads it ends up that the store I'm question is not a corporate store but an authorized retailer. And ATT absolutely did training for the passport and classic release. I know tbat for sure because I know someone who was in one.

Posted via CB10
    I agree about many of these stores are not ATT corporate stores.
    03-08-15 04:41 AM
    All of the 5 stores visited and 6 stores I called were company owned stores. I knew better than checking with the dealers.

Chris
    03-08-15 05:46 AM
    The AT&T version I have works as well as the original on I also have . I like the feel in the hands better than the original. It is not as slippery.

However, I am still left wanting a better case option for the AT&T version as the body glove case is bulky and the holster is too tight for use.

I have seen the local stores in the Atlanta area go in and out of stock over the past 2 weeks from the website info. Yet I have to say I did not expect them to have it at all so I ordered online.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:41 AM
    I did the same - called a store, asked for a passport, got laughed at, then ordered online.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:23 AM
    At&t's online accuracy is terrible, on Feb 20th I went online and it said that no stores in a 50 mile radius had the Passport. So I tried ordering one, my card was short a dollar so no go. The next day I went into the local "consumer" store and was told that they didnt have any available, if I wanted to order one it would take 2 weeks. One of the reps suggested going to the local "corporate" store. They had the demo display up and running and I was their first Passport activated! They knew about the Passport and the Classic, admitted that they had no personal experience with BB10, and did not try to dissuade me from my decision. They all commented on the Passport, saying it was a premium device and it would make them take a look at BB!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-08-15 01:17 PM
    One thing on the AT&T version is wireless charging. I miss qi wireless charging. Wish more devices supported it.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    03-08-15 02:01 PM
    I'm in the Washington, DC area, and the local corporate stores that showed inventory online had working displays and reasonably knowledgeable reps who were happy to show me both the PP and Classic. Like many things in the world of retail stores execution is typically delegated to Regional, District and Store Managers. The good ones get the work done properly, and the weaker ones just get by.

Sadly, the only thing Retail managers are really punished for is poor HR management, negative customer service ratings, inventory mismanagement, or poor bottom-line financial performance. I can see many weaker managers simply cutting corners on actively merchandising BlackBerry, because being good or bad at it is unlikely to influence any of those results.

Also, almost all product training is now done online, almost on a volunteer basis by employees. Very few retailers pay for employee training time anymore, so again, it comes down to local managers ensuring that their staff know the products.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 and guruhabibi like this.
    03-08-15 02:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have three company store with in an 8 mile radius in my area and not one ever carried the Passport. I can't tell you how many times I've posted this. Just checked again and the closest AT&T company store that has one is 26 mile from me.
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-08-15 02:26 PM
    Nope.
    4 of the 7 stores were absolutely AT&T corporate stores.

It also doesn't matter. AT&T blows and I'm switching.
    There really isn't a reason for buying a carrier branded phone.
    It was just a bad brain-fart of mine to consider getting the AT&T branded Passport.
    It's cheaper in the long run to wait a couple months and hustle online.
    Last edited by guruhabibi; 03-08-15 at 06:24 PM.
    03-08-15 03:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry didn't even correct digitalriver's horrible service well documented on BlackBerry & CB alike, so what makes you wonder about their indifference as regards ATT ??

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:42 PM
120 123 ...