For whatever reason, my new Passport sends text messages that are longer than a few messages choppy and out of order. It appears normal on my phone but as multiple on others.

For example, if I text this:

"Dish boss Charlie Ergen this week actually managed to trash talk the company's own new Sling TV Internet video effort. Ergen's basically admitted this week that because Dish was an existing Pay TV provider it was afraid of cannibalizing its own traditional TV customer base, and as a result the company's $20 a month Sling TV service"

It will appear on the recipient's phone like this:

"Dish boss Charlie Ergen this week actually managed to trash talk the company's own new Sling TV Internet video"

effort. Ergen's basically admitted this week that because Dish was an existing P"

"ay TV provider it was afraid of cannibalizing its own traditional TV customer base, and as a result the company's $20 a month Sling TV services"

It will send three messages and chop them up in the middle of words. This has been happening since I activated the phone. Has anyone else seen this? Should I contact AT&T? This is very disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:18 PM
    There's a character limit on texts. Are you sure that's not why they are getting chopped up?

Edit: 160 characters
    02-24-15 06:22 PM
    Are you sure about that? I was on Verizon for a few years and never had this issue. I just tried texting another At&t user and to them it shows as one message, but it is not the case when I text Verizon users.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:34 PM
    Maybe the thread title should then be "(unknown) Verizon phone receiving texts oddly"
    02-24-15 07:23 PM
    This happens with messages sent from me to my friends and vis a vis.
    I've had people with everything from BlackBerry to Samsung to iPhone on Sprint Tmobile Verizon and AT&T have messages that arrive out of order.
    I have experienced it on both my Passport and Q10.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418, Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.3 Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:38 PM