Yeah I am hoping that would be nice. I am really excited about the passport. I like the "bold" stance blackberry took. Very different but addresses some issue they had with their qwerty (screen size). Also my wife just got the iphone 6plus. I didn't ask a question. I told her whatever she wanted she could get because I know MY TIME IS COMING.

Posted via CB10
    pbeasley likes this.
    11-19-14 01:51 AM
    Yeah I'm going to do my best to wait. 600 is just so much up front for a phone. My Q10 works fine. I can wait... hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    if you wait for att to get it and pay the 'upgrade' price you end up spending over $900 on the phone by the end of the contract ($250+$40 activation+an extra $25 in line access charges every month for 2 years)

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 04:10 AM
    They gave me a new nano sim, and then had to convince the rep to use the Q10 imei number for the passport. If he won't just use passport imei, call att when you get home a say you are switching devices back to Q10, give them the Q10 imei and then just use the passport. Good to go!
    Why are you giving them the device at all? Go in and get a sim for your line, you don't need to give them any other info. If they are pressing you just say that you popped yours out and it fell down a vent.

Posted via CB10
    DirkManuel likes this.
    11-19-14 09:25 PM
    if you wait for att to get it and pay the 'upgrade' price you end up spending over $900 on the phone by the end of the contract ($250+$40 activation+an extra $25 in line access charges every month for 2 years)

Posted via CB10
    Why would you have to pay the extra 25 in line access charges? I just upgraded for an iPhone 6 (which I sold to pay for my z30) I paid my $200 for the device + the $40 activation and that was it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:27 PM
    Why would you have to pay the extra 25 in line access charges? I just upgraded for an iPhone 6 (which I sold to pay for my z30) I paid my $200 for the device + the $40 activation and that was it.

Posted via CB10
    It depends on what plan you have. The extra 25 for line access is for those on the mobile share plans. Phones on contract are 40 bucks for line access while non contract phones are only 15 for line access.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I never got this logic. Never had to pay that much with an upgrade... EVER

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:58 PM
    When I took my passport in to the AT&T store, they had never heard of it.
    11-20-14 01:21 AM
    You found yourself a store full of clueless employees. I was the second passport to get activated at my store, but a few of the employees came by to look at it. Saying, they had heard about it, but never saw one before.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 07:19 AM
    It depends on what plan you have. The extra 25 for line access is for those on the mobile share plans. Phones on contract are 40 bucks for line access while non contract phones are only 15 for line access.

Posted via CB10
    exactly. I pay $15/month for my unlocked passport instead of $40/month for a contract phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:26 AM
    There is no 'carrier certification'. AT&T are just holding back the Passport so they can continue to milk the iPhone and meet their quotas. I bought my Passport from ShopBlackberry on release date, had AT&T slip a new microsim into it, and it has been working flawlessly since day 1. If AT&T actually want to certify it they can just ask the many of us who have been using Passports on their networks for months already. I bought direct for the specific reason of avoiding these delays (which I knew would happen). I feel sorry for those who can't buy direct and need the contract subsidy, but I'm never doing that again.
    rcab likes this.
    11-20-14 12:25 PM
    Passport was ana early birthday present to myself (2 months early :] ) I was going to wait but made the jump anyway. Nearly two weeks with the passport and I still can't put this thing down.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    thedose likes this.
    11-20-14 01:17 PM
    You found yourself a store full of clueless employees. I was the second passport to get activated at my store, but a few of the employees came by to look at it. Saying, they had heard about it, but never saw one before.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely makes me feel unique when people say they've heard about it but have never seen it before lol.

11-20-14 01:18 PM
    Definitely makes me feel unique when people say they've heard about it but have never seen it before lol. Gives me a false sense of importance for a few seconds lol.

11-20-14 01:18 PM
    exactly. I pay $15/month for my unlocked passport instead of $40/month for a contract phone.

Posted via CB10
    I just checked my bill, I don't pay any line access fees. I'm on a premier plan though, not sure if that matters.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 05:13 PM
    I am just using this as an example so don't get angry when I mention "Big Bad Red.".

Anyway I just upgraded my mifi on Verizon.

Whether I bought the device on contract or not it was the same price.

To verify I went through the process of adding the device to my cart (not logged in) and no matter if I got the device on contract or out of contract it was the same monthly price.

Maybe it is different because it isn't a phone but I am going to check for a phone plan on both Verizon and AT&T.

Either way I can't put this passport down. So useful.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:23 PM
    Forgot to mention.

Was getting a haircut yesterday and the girl cutting my hair said, "Is that you phone? Wow that is a serious." Or something along the lines of being a serious business device.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:25 PM
    BlackBerry Passport is in stock and on sale for $499.00 until November 30.

BlackBerry US Online Store - BlackBerry Passport - Black
    11-22-14 11:35 AM
    BlackBerry Passport is in stock and on sale for $499.00 until November 30.

BlackBerry US Online Store - BlackBerry Passport - Black
    YEP. Just ordered mine. I'm COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-22-14 11:38 AM
    Well going to see if I can talk the wife into it. Question... does blackberry offer any time of manufactures warranty or even better extended warranty?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:03 PM
    YEP. Just ordered mine. I'm COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am also excited to come back to BlackBerry. This is a great price, but I am willing to wait for the AT&T version if it will have wireless charging and rounded edges. What to do ...
    11-22-14 12:41 PM
    I am also excited to come back to BlackBerry. This is a great price, but I am willing to wait for the AT&T version if it will have wireless charging and rounded edges. What to do ...
    I guess it is not hip to be square with you, but where is this rounded edges stuff coming into play with AT & T passport?
    11-22-14 12:58 PM
296 ... 101112