AT&T requested significant changes right before launch. These are both hardware changes and software changes. AT&T's version will be different than the rest of the world. Or maybe they will come to their senses when they start to see the number of unlocked devices coming on their system. Posting this from my unlocked Passport on AT&T...

Posted via CB10
    3800 and trandz like this.
    10-29-14 06:57 PM
    AT&T requested significant changes right before launch. These are both hardware changes and software changes. AT&T's version will be different than the rest of the world. Or maybe they will come to their senses when they start to see the number of unlocked devices coming on their system. Posting this from my unlocked Passport on AT&T...

Posted via CB10
    Requested significant changes? How so? And how do you know? And what changes were they?

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-29-14 07:12 PM
    Rounded edges... they didn't like the square passport and BlackBerry agreed to change it. My source is BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's a pretty big claim. Details?
    10-29-14 07:24 PM
    Rounded edges... they didn't like the square passport and BlackBerry agreed to change it. My source is BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Is AT&T. version going to be called the Passport Vu?
    AT&T Passport Release Date in 2015?!? [RUMOR]-4es2z8i.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails AT&T Passport Release Date in 2015?!? [RUMOR]-eszr7gd.jpg  
    10-29-14 07:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is a pretty big claim like the other poster said. BUT, if you're right, you're right. Not going to call you a liar. I'd like to see what it'd look like. Ha! I should get my passport soon from ShopBB. The square passports will be a collectors item! Lol

10-30-14 06:12 AM
    That is a pretty big claim like the other poster said. BUT, if you're right, you're right. Not going to call you a liar. I'd like to see what it'd look like. Ha! I should get my passport soon from ShopBB. The square passports will be a collectors item! Lol

also read att wants the passport enabled for wireless charging and some other stuff (probably want it to be a data hog like androids). 90% of passports in the world will be square. att is a very very small marketshare in the grand scheme of things.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:42 AM
    also read att wants the passport enabled for wireless charging and some other stuff (probably want it to be a data hog like androids). 90% of passports in the world will be square. att is a very very small marketshare in the grand scheme of things.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I guess that's true but who knows what requirements carriers overseas are going to implement. Unless they don't have that kind of pull with blackberry.

10-30-14 07:14 AM
    I understand and I apologize for being crude BUT there must be some reason that they haven't announced anything. Who knows what it is. Could it be a supply issue? Monetary? We don't know. Maybe blackberry has not only begun a new trend by selling direct but this also offers AT&T an opportunity to study consumer reaction to the Passport so that they can estimate an introductory price that would satisfy.

ATTs 2 year contract price is gonna be $249. that was announced on day of launch.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 12:22 PM
    Ouch. Some subsidy

10-30-14 12:34 PM
    Ouch. Some subsidy

$249 + $40 activation fee+ $25/month subsidize fee for 2 years and you're paying over $900 for the passport. buy unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:55 PM
    $249 + $40 activation fee+ $25/month subsidize fee for 2 years and you're paying over $900 for the passport. buy unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'll be doing for myself for my birthday first outright purchase of a brand new, just released smartphone

10-30-14 07:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I sure hope so. The "pocket-ripper" pointed edges and the lack of Qi charging are show-stoppers for me. If this is true, then BlackBerry will have finally produced a device capable of luring me back.
    11-01-14 03:07 PM
    I sure hope so. The "pocket-ripper" pointed edges and the lack of Qi charging are show-stoppers for me. If this is true, then BlackBerry will have finally produced a device capable of luring me back.
    wireless charging is a pointless gimmick and 'pocket ripper'? give me a break. it's not made of razor blades.

Posted via CB10
    iToya likes this.
    11-01-14 04:19 PM
    wireless charging is a pointless gimmick and 'pocket ripper'? give me a break. it's not made of razor blades.

Posted via CB10
    I use a smartphone for productivity. That means that I use it briefly, but dozens of times per day. BlackBerry had it right with the charging contacts on the Bold - no need to fumble with fragile micro USB cords several times per day, and no need to deal with the micro USB port failing after a few months due to over-use. With Qi, I can set my phone down when I am at my desk (or bedside, or many other places where I have chargers) and it charges until I am ready to grab it and go. I always have a full charge in case I suddenly have a long night of heavy use. Having rounded edges makes it easier to get it in and out of my pocket ... again, dozens of times per day.
    11-01-14 05:42 PM
    I use a smartphone for productivity. That means that I use it briefly, but dozens of times per day. BlackBerry had it right with the charging contacts on the Bold - no need to fumble with fragile micro USB cords several times per day, and no need to deal with the micro USB port failing after a few months due to over-use. With Qi, I can set my phone down when I am at my desk (or bedside, or many other places where I have chargers) and it charges until I am ready to grab it and go. I always have a full charge in case I suddenly have a long night of heavy use. Having rounded edges makes it easier to get it in and out of my pocket ... again, dozens of times per day.
    I agree about buying it unlocked, with AT&T prices, but there's a rumor that ATT requested a form factor change to rounded corners and Qi charging, which is what is holding up the release.

Anyone know, emphasize know, about this? And I wonder what AT&T will sell it for without a contract?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 05:51 PM
    Not that I didn't appreciate wireless charging on my Nexus 5, but as a Passport user that has similar usage patterns as you described, I can tell you that you will never have to charge your Passport once during the day, let alone several times. Charging while sleeping is much more than enough with this phone.
    alternator77 likes this.
    11-01-14 05:57 PM
    Not that I didn't appreciate wireless charging on my Nexus 5, but as a Passport user that has similar usage patterns as you described, I can tell you that you will never have to charge your Passport once during the day, let alone several times. Charging while sleeping is much more than enough with this phone.
    The big battery in the Passport would definitely reduce the problem. In my experience, Android phones are notorious for poor and unpredictable battery life. But since I have had micro USB port failures in BlackBerry and in other devices, I am convinced that they are just too fragile to use even once per day.
    11-01-14 06:11 PM
    My latest AT&T chat transcript:

AT&T Passport Release Date in 2015?!? [RUMOR]-img_20141118_004837.png

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    11-17-14 11:50 PM
    Taking so damn long. Ok where is the CHEAPEST to buy unlocked and what about phone protection?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 12:46 AM
    Taking so damn long. Ok where is the CHEAPEST to buy unlocked and what about phone protection?
    Amazon is it, basically. But there's no Passport for Verizon.

For protection beyond the first year's warranty, look into Squaretrade.
    11-18-14 10:55 AM
    Amazon is it, basically. But there's no Passport for Verizon.

For protection beyond the first year's warranty, look into Squaretrade.
    I am AT&T

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 03:23 PM
    I am AT&T
    Ah ok. Your profile still says Verizon.

Then Amazon it is. $600, factory unlocked. Fully compatible with AT&T. Or if you want to wait, there's a Passport rumored to be coming through AT&T. It won't be sold unlocked though.
    11-18-14 03:33 PM
    Ah ok. Your profile still says Verizon.

Then Amazon it is. $600, factory unlocked. Fully compatible with AT&T. Or if you want to wait, there's a Passport rumored to be coming through AT&T. It won't be sold unlocked though.
    Yeah I'm going to do my best to wait. 600 is just so much up front for a phone. My Q10 works fine. I can wait... hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:37 PM
    Maybe in time for the Holiday as to changing the look of the phone I doubt that it will remain the same maybe just the back with the at&t logo
    11-18-14 11:44 PM
296 ... 9101112