When I get the passport I'll go to the corporate store and show it to them. Then I'll inform them that I won't be bringing over my 4lines of service since they're asleep at the wheel with the release.
    They were quick to put up a pre-order the fire phone and Facebook phone and how that worked out for them. Also the deals made with apple and how that is affecting how carriers do business. Look no further than Verizon and sprint for evidence of this.
    In the end though it will only hurt BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    10-16-14 09:27 PM
    And pay $600?? Buying through the Carrier would be $250! Plus I've heard mixed results on how unlocked would work on AT&T
    $250+ $40 activation fee +$40 line access fee(vs $15 line access fee if bought unlocked) + tax and you're paying $900+ instead of $600.

Posted via my unlocked Passport on AT&T (which works flawlessly)
    10-16-14 09:59 PM
    Finally it's back in stock. Just bought it. 2 day delivery, Strange thought, I was charged tax. thought it was coming from Canada. Oh well just happy I'll have a new phone soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 04:02 PM
    Finally it's back in stock. Just bought it. 2 day delivery, Strange thought, I was charged tax. thought it was coming from Canada. Oh well just happy I'll have a new phone soon.

Posted via CB10
    everyone pays tax.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 04:52 PM
    Notwithstanding the low-inventory back-ordered issues in the US, the facts that BlackBerry made the unlocked Passport immediately available here, coupled with the lack of any official release date from ATT just underscores how disinterested US carriers are. The IPhone changed the scale of measurement for success. BlackBerry may have retooled and refocused its targeting but the carriers don't care and aren't in business to make manufacturers money.

AT&T had a history of success and exclusivity with BlackBerry but they passed on the Z30 and are likely sort of okay with that. It used to be that AT&T would have the latest BlackBerry the morning after the big launch event. When that changed customers like me pestered and pestered our reps about if and when the new devices would be available and we bought when we could but so few others did that AT&T began to think of BlackBerry as a nuisance. A good history soured. This time around I skipped the lobbying and ordered from ShopBlackBerry and contributed to the positive sellout stories (despite my carping about being back-ordered). But it meant going out of pocket even though we have upgrades due with AT&T. If I'm gloomy, the early sales more reflect the narrow depths of deep loyalty rather than potentially broad demand.

But the device is certainly a differentiator and it is drawing genuine interest where the new Iphones, despite massive sales, are drawing mostly yawns. I do think the Passport can be the point when the sea changed for BlackBerry. It would be nice if it starts this year. People buy phones during the holiday season.

Posted via CB10
    crimsonking likes this.
    10-21-14 09:08 AM
    You can release the best device in the world, but if you don't have the channels to put enough of it out there, and market it well while it's hot and there's a buzz in the air then you might fall between the chairs...

Posted via CB10
    thedose and BluejayChip like this.
    10-21-14 10:53 AM
    Chatted with an AT&T rep yesterday, after numerous back and forth sparring, he basically said that it's coming soon... and to check daily on their website for news. I did however ask that they add my specific request to my file...but the best news, was when the rep admitted that they were getting many requests for the PassPort...good to hear waves are being made even without all that fancy shmancy advertising, simply good old fashioned word of mouth via chats, blogs and forums.

Posted via my kick@ss Q10.
    Last edited by Norg; 10-24-14 at 04:45 AM.
    happeebug, donmateo and thedose like this.
    10-22-14 09:21 AM
    Chatted with an AT&T rep yesterday, after numerous back and forth sparring, he basically said that it's coming soon... and to check daily on their website for news. I did however ask that they add my specific request to my file...but the best news, was when the rep admitted that they were getting many requests for the PassPort...good to hear waves are being made even without all that fancy shmancy advertising, simply good old fashioned word of mouth via chats, blogs and forums.

Posted via my snappy Z10
    Good to hear. I know I have called many times myself
    10-22-14 09:26 AM
    I agree,...if the Passport isn't released in the U.S. ahead of holiday sales,...it will fail miserably in the U.S.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:39 AM
    Thank you so much! You have given me some "sunny news" on a rather dismal, rainy day. :-)
    10-22-14 09:39 AM
    Businesses are not run on a holiday shopping season.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mkelley65; 10-27-14 at 04:51 PM.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-23-14 06:26 PM
    Good to hear that we are at least being heard and people want the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:43 PM
    The only information that has been posted on Twitter by @ATT and @ATTCustomerCare is that AT&T will be carrying the Passport and that the ANNOUNCEMENT will be coming soon. Who knows when "soon" will be. You can follow on Twitter the demand for Passport using #WeWantThePassport and #BlackberryPassport.
    10-24-14 04:41 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Wow.. that's good to know AT&T will be carrying the Passport soon and I read they may have White Passport also (exclusive?)....

This will be big news for Blackberry in the US and with US media....

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:01 AM
    screw AT&T. they say "soon" and I bet it's the rumored January release date. just buy unlocked and save yourself $300+ in subsidize fees.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:51 AM
    As posted several times "soon" refers to the announcement of the Passport , not the selling of Passport itself.
    10-24-14 06:23 AM
    I heard people that were doing that weren't able to get LTE, something to do with the Passport not being in their system.
    BS. I did exactly that and I have LTE. When they punched the IMEI number in it recognized the Passport as a Passport.

Using Blackberry Passport via AT&T
    10-24-14 08:34 AM
    You can release the best device in the world, but if you don't have the channels to put enough of it out there, and market it well while it's hot and there's a buzz in the air then you might fall between the chairs...

Posted via CB10
    Carriers don't have incentives to promote any Blackberry phone. IPhones and Android devices are notoriously data hawks. Though use of data has increased from OS7 to OS10 it is far below IPhones and Android devices.

It starts with your simple email. By default BlackBerry does not display inline images. You actually have to click that little button. IPhones and Android devices do automatically.
    Then you have apps like Facebook who, at least on IPhones download and start videos in your feed automatically which means increased data.

Before smartphones it used to be minutes and text (any of you remember the 200 free call minutes lol). Now it is data.

Carriers make money on data plans and a blackberry just does not make enough money for a carrier.

Using Blackberry Passport via AT&T
    BluejayChip likes this.
    10-24-14 08:51 AM
    Bypass AT&T and buy through shopbb or Amazon, thats my plan anyway
    10-24-14 09:53 AM
    Release has been pushed out to March because of the changes AT&T requested. Get one now online or wait for the 'Merica version...

Todd

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 06:51 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Agreed:' just buy online http://www.amazon.com/?t=crackberry0...UvbUpU11009317 or Shopblackberry.com seems the best way to go.....

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 07:00 PM
    Release has been pushed out to March because of the changes AT&T requested.
    Source?
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    10-24-14 07:00 PM
    NDA (does that give you a clue?)

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 07:05 PM
    Release has been pushed out to March because of the changes AT&T requested. Get one now online or wait for the 'Merica version...

Todd

Posted via CB10
    Basically AT&T is then trying to sell a 6 month old device as new?
    Wow.

I know all about NDAs but what are those requests? It takes such a long time to implement?
    Just general info. No details.
    10-24-14 10:17 PM
    I know all about NDAs but what are those requests? It takes such a long time to implement?
    Just general info. No details.
    Not speaking for him, but there have been rumors that they want the chassis to look a certain way, and want their favored wireless charging standard (PMA) implemented, instead of Qi.
    10-25-14 12:21 AM
296 ... 7891011 ...