I'm picking it up today from FedEx. From an article I seen on Crackberry, I shouldn't have a problem getting LTE. My only worry is insurance. I wanted to insure my phone through AT&T. What other options do I have other than the manufacturer warranty?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you're going to have much luck outside of the manufacturer warranty. AT&T won't let you insure it because it technically isn't their device. BlackBerry should offer an extended warranty on phones bought through Shop BlackBerry for those of us who want the extra protection. Not sure if they do.
    10-06-14 10:43 AM
    Guys, we need to have a little perspective. We don't know when AT&T will launch the passport, but if history is a guide it will be sometime early next month (since the Z10, US carriers have all made their blackberry devices available about a month after the official launch date). AT&T is not dumb, they saw that 200,000 blackberries sold out in 2 days. They have to know the demand is there. I could be wrong, but I really think we'll see an announcement from AT&T around the end of the month/early November, and expect the device to be available well before thanksgiving. Nobody who can post about it knows when the actual date is, but it seems silly to assume the worst until we know it for sure. And if you don't want to wait, you can always order one unlocked (oh, wait, I did that and I'm still waiting! . Blackberry vastly underestimated the demand for their new flagship product. It may take a few weeks for them to get the inventory up enough to handle the demand. We should all be patient, imo, because getting agitated over something we cant control seems a bit counterproductive.
    10-06-14 11:03 AM
    There is still nothing wrong with announcing a release date. That way you put minds at ease and people do not mind waiting. Not putting out a date you will have people buying from other places or getting a different phone. Maybe they are not dumb they just want you to buy other phones.

Guys, we need to have a little perspective. We don't know when AT&T will launch the passport, but if history is a guide it will be sometime early next month (since the Z10, US carriers have all made their blackberry devices available about a month after the official launch date). AT&T is not dumb, they saw that 200,000 blackberries sold out in 2 days. They have to know the demand is there. I could be wrong, but I really think we'll see an announcement from AT&T around the end of the month/early November, and expect the device to be available well before thanksgiving. Nobody who can post about it knows when the actual date is, but it seems silly to assume the worst until we know it for sure. And if you don't want to wait, you can always order one unlocked (oh, wait, I did that and I'm still waiting! . Blackberry vastly underestimated the demand for their new flagship product. It may take a few weeks for them to get the inventory up enough to handle the demand. We should all be patient, imo, because getting agitated over something we cant control seems a bit counterproductive.
    iToya likes this.
    10-06-14 11:24 AM
    Throwing this out there.... I heard 2015 for ATT (1st qtr), and the device will have a modification of aesthetics... such as rounded corners.

BBM Meetings coming soon, and a 10.3 official update coming in less than 30 days.
    10-08-14 05:03 PM
    Throwing this out there.... I heard 2015 for ATT (1st qtr), and the device will have a modification of aesthetics... such as rounded corners.

BBM Meetings coming soon, and a 10.3 official update coming in less than 30 days.
    I hope neither is true.
    10-08-14 06:11 PM
    Does that mean ours will become collector models

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    10-08-14 06:13 PM
    Just got mine today! All I got to do is go to att for the nano sim.
    AT&T Passport Release Date in 2015?!? [RUMOR]-img_20141008_164009.jpg

Posted via CB10
    lang007, iToya and Blacklatino like this.
    10-08-14 06:15 PM
    I can confirm that att all sell it "early 2015". This is from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    From BlackBerry? Hmmm......

Posted via 10.3.1.634 + 632 & a few from 10.3.0.xxx
    10-09-14 12:46 AM
    If they wait till 2015 to release the Passport it would be suicide in the US for BlackBerry. I can not see them waiting 4 to 6 months after first release to release it in the US
    Last edited by lang007; 10-09-14 at 10:30 AM.
    Blacklatino and Smokeaire like this.
    10-09-14 06:17 AM
    If they wit ti 2015 to release the Passport it would be suicide in the US for BlackBerry. I can not see them waiting 4 to 6 months after first release to release it in the US
    Whether I get the Passport or not is irrelevant. But, I agree, people want it......so give it to them.

Posted via 10.3.1.634 /632 apps and a few more .bars
    lang007 likes this.
    10-09-14 09:57 AM
    AT&T sold the Z10 on March 22nd after launching end of January. So I think they will not rush too quickly to make it available. This is why I ordered mine on launch day.
    10-09-14 10:48 AM
    With that being said it should be out b4 Thanksgiving here in the US

AT&T sold the Z10 on March 22nd after launching end of January. So I think they will not rush too quickly to make it available. This is why I ordered mine on launch day.
    10-09-14 11:23 AM
    With that being said it should be out b4 Thanksgiving here in the US
    Could be wrong, but, I thought at&t were already testing the Passport- which doesn't matter as related to the release date. But, at least that wouldn't be "another" hurdle.

10-09-14 02:06 PM
    That's crazy. By the time AT&T has the passport, it will be old and people will want the iPhone 6s or some BS phone that will come out next year

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and chrisjsandlin like this.
    10-09-14 02:22 PM
    Yeah, I got a Z10 and we know how well that went for BlackBerry. Hopefully, lessons were learned and there is a better working relationship between BlackBerry and at&t because the longer it takes to get it out in the US, more sales will be lost in a very important market. Realistically, the number will not be very high for those that will buy the Passport as opposed to waiting on the carrier, IMO. If not, those that are convinced that they want the Passport would have already ordered it. So, the longer it takes, the more consumers will look at other devices.

10-09-14 05:05 PM
    That's crazy. By the time AT&T has the passport, it will be old and people will want the iPhone 6s or some BS phone that will come out next year

Posted via CB10
    Assuming everyone who buys a Passport is a fly by night consumer. As a corporate customer my refresh cycle is not until March. I don't care how many employees want the Passport. They can buy their own. It will be made available to employees on the next refresh cycle. I see no urgency. I have never understood the gimmie gimmie now now mentality.
    10-09-14 06:28 PM
    Your kind of understand is the same understanding as BlackBerrys. That's why they have always fallen behind and for that reason is why BlackBerry went from 45+% market share and now has LESS than 1% market share. To me as a Company President, that is UNACCEPTABLE!! Innovation has to be one step ahead of everyone else. Not always one cycle behind.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB10Clifton; 10-10-14 at 03:28 PM.
    10-10-14 03:15 PM
    You know the Passport won't work with Verizon right?
    10-10-14 03:59 PM
    Your kind of understand is the same understanding as BlackBerrys. That's why they have always fallen behind and for that reason is why BlackBerry went from 45+% market share and now has LESS than 1% market share. To me as a Company President, that is UNACCEPTABLE!! Innovation has to be one step ahead of everyone else. Not always one cycle behind.

Posted via CB10
    So true

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 03:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%
    VictorRight likes this.
    10-11-14 05:45 AM
    It's just sad. I waited and waited for the Z10. I feared a delayed release for the passport, but I thought that they wouldn't let that happen again. New CEO, totally new device, etc. It's just painful and I don't know what the hold up is or who is responsible.
    10-15-14 02:54 AM
    It's just sad. I waited and waited for the Z10. I feared a delayed release for the passport, but I thought that they wouldn't let that happen again. New CEO, totally new device, etc. It's just painful and I don't know what the hold up is or who is responsible.
    To be fair, the new CEO put the Passport up for sale on Shop BlackBerry U.S. AT A DISCOUNT the day it was launched. This isn't like the Q10 / Z10 where people in the U.S. had no way to get them unless they went on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    alternator77 likes this.
    10-15-14 03:18 AM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Those that Really want it now can buy It now unlocked online at http://www.amazon.com/?t=crackberry0...UvbUpU10972524 or www.shopblackberry.com , no need to wait.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:23 AM
    Why not hound Mr. Chen and his upper execs.? He was the one who announced the agreement with ATT and it appears his announcement of the agreement will not deliver in the foreseeable future.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:30 AM
    You can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission asking for an investigation into AT&T using its exclusivity (read Monopoly) , and delay in selling Blackberry Passport to the advantage of competitors, Apple, HTC and Samsung. The more complaints of this nature the FTC gets the more likely it will be looked into. The FTC already has a win against AT&T. Might want another. If nothing else it might force AT&T to respond about the delay offering the Passport, but pushing the competitors phones.
    ThunderShock2005 and lang007 like this.
    10-15-14 05:11 AM
296 ... 56789 ...