I went through precisely this. The Z10 won't fit in the Passport but I went to the ATT stored and asked for a nano SIM. The representative asked me what type of iPhone it was for, I scuffed and proudly said: a BlackBerry Passport. Then proceeded to pull it out of my pocket, he looked it at, played with it a little and said: I have always been a BlackBerry fan, but didn't know they were making these kind of phones. He didn't charge me anything for the new SIM and now rocking my Passport on LTE and loving every minute.

p.s. BlackBerry needs some advertising.

Posted via CB10
    donmateo and Norg like this.
    10-04-14 12:39 PM
    I went through precisely this. The Z10 won't fit in the Passport but I went to the ATT stored and asked for a nano SIM. The representative asked me what type of iPhone it was for, I scuffed and proudly said: a BlackBerry Passport. Then proceeded to pull it out of my pocket, he looked it at, played with it a little and said: I have always been a BlackBerry fan, but didn't know they were making these kind of phones. He didn't charge me anything for the new SIM and now rocking my Passport on LTE and loving every minute.

p.s. BlackBerry needs some advertising.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! Thank you for the reply! This is exactly what I was looking for! Did you have to do anything else? They activated it in store or did you have to call? If you could just explain the process, please, if there's anything more. I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but this is my first time bringing an unlocked device to a carrier.

Thank you in advance!!
    10-04-14 12:42 PM
    With the new nano SIM comes an IME number he scans and adds it to your line, effectively canceling your Z10 sim card and making the new nano SIM your active card. Slip it in the Passport, restart your phone, and done. Straight forward and painless.

Posted via CB10
    donmateo likes this.
    10-04-14 12:46 PM
    Thank you for your help and patience. I just wanted to make sure I knew the process going into the store.
    10-04-14 01:01 PM
    With the new nano SIM comes an IME number he scans and adds it to your line, effectively canceling your Z10 sim card and making the new nano SIM your active card. Slip it in the Passport, restart your phone, and done. Straight forward and painless.

Posted via CB10
    Just so you know, there are SIM adapters available that will let you use that nano SIM in your Z10 if necessary.
    alternator77 likes this.
    10-05-14 04:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    If the rep had scanned the IMEI number it will not received LTE because the IMEI number is not in their system yet. If someone does that and the rep says the number does not come up, you need to revert back to your old IMEI number before leaving the store. This will ensure they will send the LTE signals to your device. Otherwise they will assume (because they did not know the number) that it is a 4G std smartphone in which they will not enable LTE to be sent to it.

This was my experience in which they scanned the number and 4G was all I would get. After going back to the store and they put my Z10 (iphone would also work here) IMEI number back on the account things worked like a champ. I believe Blaze posted an article on this as well. Just do not let them change the number and you should be good to go if you already had LTE before. If this is a new line, you need to kindly ask them to use a dummy IMEI until they have the Passport in the system later this year.

And yes...I just received my nano adapters from ebay. It was told that they can cause the sim slot contact to get damaged though, so be very careful if you swap sim cards often using this method.
    raino likes this.
    10-05-14 08:32 AM
    I didn't get in writing but talked to a supervisor in customer service with AT&T on Thursday and she told me that the Passport will not be available until after the first of the year. I ordered it on Amazon and have not received a ship date yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 08:13 PM
    No LTE on the Passport?
    Yes, has LTE just some kind of issue when getting set up on att. Can be sorted out though.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:33 PM
    I am with VZW and don't see it coming anytime soon so it looks as though I'm going to have to use my upgrade for the iphone 6 for the woman.

Possibly buy the Passport if ever available for VZW, work pays for everything so I can't switch or I would.

Posted via Q10
    10-05-14 09:53 PM
    I am with VZW and don't see it coming anytime soon so it looks as though I'm going to have to use my upgrade for the iphone 6 for the woman.

Possibly buy the Passport if ever available for VZW, work pays for everything so I can't switch or I would.

Posted via Q10
    I REALLY wanted the Passport on Verizon. I'll take a look at the Classic if that's how it goes - Passport on AT&T, Classic on Verizon - but I'm not digging the old tool belt. My Q10 and Z10 cured me of the need for the old tool belt and got me up to speed on gestures. Now I prefer gestures. And the bump in screen size from Q10 to Classic is not nearly the jump from Q10 to Passport. Not happy.
    10-05-14 10:03 PM
    The worst part is, not having it avail in the US the same day as every other country/carrier. I know it's not BlackBerry's fault. Still, a shotty way to do it. And yes, I think people knew you could purchase from those to outlets, but honestly, that wasn't good enough.

Posted via CB10
    Remember that the US is a heavily polarized market when it comes to cellphones, heck 2 years ago practically all you could find was an iPhone.

Posted on CB10 via my Snappy Z10
    10-05-14 11:31 PM
    Change takes time, money and a pinch of patience.
    10-05-14 11:37 PM
    At&t aren't even trying very hard are they?

Have they not enough resources and manpower to release the phone a day after launch?

Why does it take them till feb?

All the smaller carriers of the world was able to but the mighty at&t can't.

I smell b.s.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    10-06-14 12:38 AM
    Remember that the US is a heavily polarized market when it comes to cellphones, heck 2 years ago practically all you could find was an iPhone.

Posted on CB10 via my Snappy Z10
    Go 'Hawks!!
    10-06-14 01:38 AM
    I didn't get in writing but talked to a supervisor in customer service with AT&T on Thursday and she told me that the Passport will not be available until after the first of the year. I ordered it on Amazon and have not received a ship date yet.

Posted via CB10
    At&t aren't even trying very hard are they?

Have they not enough resources and manpower to release the phone a day after launch?

Why does it take them till feb?

All the smaller carriers of the world was able to but the mighty at&t can't.

I smell b.s.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%
    10-06-14 06:11 AM
    R

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-06-14 07:20 AM
    When you consider the fire phone was available a few weeks after launch this is a joke.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    10-06-14 08:38 AM
    Just a thought. Does AT&T want everyone to get frustrated and then go out and buy an Iphone or Android phone then they will release the passport so that the sales will be low and they can tell BB that they will not sell anymore BB's? Just a thought. Seeing how they do not really like BB anyway
    10-06-14 09:03 AM
    Just a thought. Does AT&T want everyone to get frustrated and then go out and buy an Iphone or Android phone then they will release the passport so that the sales will be low and they can tell BB that they will not sell anymore BB's? Just a thought. Seeing how they do not really like BB anyway
    Sounds plausible. I really don't see the rational reasoning on having an exclusive on a device and not releasing it to the public. AT&T has something up their sleeve. I figure, most of us who want the phone will purchase it outright and be great. People who are on Verizon and are willing to jump ship to AT&T probably would if they released the phone. I just don't get it. By the time they do release the phone, it won't sell well because most people will already have one or be using another device.
    10-06-14 09:46 AM
    Looks like I will just out right buy one myself as log as it will work on LTE I will be good. I am so done with waiting for AT&T

Sounds plausible. I really don't see the rational reasoning on having an exclusive on a device and not releasing it to the public. AT&T has something up their sleeve. I figure, most of us who want the phone will purchase it outright and be great. People who are on Verizon and are willing to jump ship to AT&T probably would if they released the phone. I just don't get it. By the time they do release the phone, it won't sell well because most people will already have one or be using another device.
    10-06-14 09:52 AM
    With no release date in sight, I just went ahead and purchased it from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:00 AM
    Do you get LTE on AT&T?

With no release date in sight, I just went ahead and purchased it from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:05 AM
    Looks like I will just out right buy one myself as log as it will work on LTE I will be good. I am so done with waiting for AT&T
    You'll get LTE, with no problem. Once you get a nano sim from AT&T it should work, but if you don't just follow the steps in Bla1ze's article.

Here's how to ensure you get LTE on your BlackBerry Passport while using AT&T | CrackBerry.com
    10-06-14 10:13 AM
    Good looking out thanx

You'll get LTE, with no problem. Once you get a nano sim from AT&T it should work, but if you don't just follow the steps in Bla1ze's article.

Here's how to ensure you get LTE on your BlackBerry Passport while using AT&T | CrackBerry.com
    10-06-14 10:16 AM
    Do you get LTE on AT&T?
    I'm picking it up today from FedEx. From an article I seen on Crackberry, I shouldn't have a problem getting LTE. My only worry is insurance. I wanted to insure my phone through AT&T. What other options do I have other than the manufacturer warranty?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:36 AM
296 ... 45678 ...