I spoke with an AT&T supervisor today about an unrelated issue...she didn't know anything about the Passport either. I said that's normal, none of your colleagues know about it either. She said yeah, we'll always get new phones in just when they're ready to be released, not before. Makes me wonder about how BlackBerry as a company is structured. It sounds like they have like one sales/marketing dude working for minimum wage in some back room with a typewriter. No one's ever seen him. He also shovels coal in the boiler room.
    How come Blackberry does not have any problems with any carrier outside the US, but all kinds inside the US? I don't think it is a Blackberry problem.
    10-02-14 03:24 PM
    And pay $600?? Buying through the Carrier would be $250! Plus I've heard mixed results on how unlocked would work on AT&T
    Hint, over the long term, you are paying way more than 600 dollars for the phone if you pay the $250 now.
    10-02-14 03:26 PM
    So true.

The arrogance of Mr Chen thinking he can ignore the major players and major markets is simply unbelievable!

Posted via CB10
    Please get your head on straight. How can Blackberry get it working with all the other carriers in the world and only have problems with US ones. HINT: It isn't Blackberrys fault.
    10-02-14 03:35 PM
    How come Blackberry does not have any problems with any carrier outside the US, but all kinds inside the US? I don't think it is a Blackberry problem.
    What do you mean?

Case in point... Z3... took them forever to offer it anyplace but Jakarta...

It is NOT just a US problem... it is a BlackBerry problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:35 PM
    Nope... the entire market is virtually unchanged. And BBRY now down almost 5% with 10 minutes to the bell.

Has everything to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    The hell are you talking about? The markets have been down for days due to falling oil prices. Today the stock markets have recovered its losses from earlier in the day and is on pace to close higher for the first time in four days, but again this isn't specific to BlackBerry. Get your facts straight.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:39 PM
    What do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    Gee, the phone was code named Jakarta and they released it in Jakarta first. How long was it before they released it to other markets? With the Z10, Q10, Z30 and Passport, how come Blackberry has no problem with all the carriers in the world to get the phone released and the US is the last one to get it. Because US carriers are some of the worse in the world.
    rjkolo likes this.
    10-02-14 03:41 PM
    I was told by Blackberry Enterprise that AT&T already has them. I was also told from her that T-Mobile will have the Passport as well.

Posted via CB10
    Did she give you any time frame of when AT&T will sell them, and do you think she was reliable? because Passport coming to Tmobile seems far fetched as this point
    10-02-14 03:48 PM
    My bet is that it will be after the holidays. They wouldn't want to waste any shelve space for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:51 PM
    AT&T doesn't care about loyal blackberry customers. Lol
    Posted via CB10
    True

Posted via my sexy Q10 on 10.3.1.632 OS
    10-02-14 04:09 PM
    My biggest issue is me sitting around waiting for ATT to release the phone that may come with restrictions that I don't want to deal with. The problem is, I could buy one now from BlackBerry, but everyday I wait for ATT is another day the sales price of the phone comes closer to ending.

And now I hear the white Passport should be out next month. Will the sales price be extended to the white phone? Is the white phone going to be an ATT exclusive? I want the black one, so if ATT only offers the white one, I'm screwed with no Vaseline, again.
    10-02-14 04:31 PM
    What do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    I think what he means and I could be wrong is that you don't hear about any other carriers outside of the us being forced to carry iphones with mandates on how many they move. And you don't see many articles on how carriers are on the hook if they don't produce for Apple I'm talking over seas carriers but in the us...
    AT&T Passport Release Date in 2015?!? [RUMOR]-img_20141002_185734.png

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    10-02-14 05:58 PM
    What really Smh

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 06:11 PM
    Well, good for the US telcos for signing a deal with the devil. No wonder they keep shoving iPhones down people's throats.

I think what he means and I could be wrong is that you don't hear about any other carriers outside of the us being forced to carry iphones with mandates on how many they move. And you don't see many articles on how carriers are on the hook if they don't produce for Apple I'm talking over seas carriers but in the us...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141002_185734.png 
Views:	1743 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	302627

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 07:12 PM
    Arrrghh! You would hope, as part of an exclusive deal, the exclusive carrier would endeavor to get the device to market sooner rather than next frogging year.
    Depending on what it cost them for the exclusivity, it may have been worth it just to keep any other carriers from getting it. They might lose out on some PP sales, but the other carriers will miss out completely...
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 10-02-14 at 07:52 PM.
    10-02-14 07:29 PM
    Let At&t know that #WeWantThePassport
    Visit their forum https://forums.att.com/t5/custom/pag...id/search-page

Post on twitter with hash tag #WeWantThePassport @ATTBusinessCare @ATTCustomerCare @ATT
    iToya likes this.
    10-02-14 09:35 PM
    Kinda ironic that it will be AT&T exclusive yet AT&T does not seem to give a whit about Passport.
    10-02-14 11:04 PM
    I'm wondering if shipments will come to them Oct 6, pre order, then sale on the 10th (Friday). Or maybe next time BB ships them out. Who knows. Just throwing things out there
    10-02-14 11:32 PM
    Hint, over the long term, you are paying way more than 600 dollars for the phone if you pay the $250 now.
    Up until recently, in the US, most of us didn't have a choice. Only within the last year or so have carriers started offering cheaper plans if you already own the phone. At least that's what I've seen.
    10-03-14 03:51 AM
    What is wrong with BBRY?? I can't purchase or pre-order PP from ShpBB, it simply doesn't accept the order and returns:

"We're sorry but BlackBerry Passport - Black is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I am beginning to think nothing has changed at BBRY, WTF, why wouldn't they want to take orders and get a handle on the next run of phones, demand, and actually sell some product?

Unless they are trying to save me the mistake of switching from VZW to ATT and there is going to be a surprise announcement before the 6th i just don't get how these guys are running the company.
    10-03-14 07:52 AM
    What do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    Z3 was a Foxconn device and Foxconn was and is being very conservative about production. Don't remember, did Chen say anything about the Z3?

We don't really know what the issue is in the US, other than sales are really bad and that most likely Carrier's are hesitant to make any big commitments, so that could be an issue. But too, as BlackBerry is claiming that BES12 will be a big driving force for future devices, maybe AT&T wants to see it released first to know that claim is true? Maybe BlackBerry and their more limited production capabilities could not guarantee sufficient stock for AT&T until later in the year? For BlackBerry to sell out with only 200K devices, does indicate that they aren't producing them in very great quantities.
    10-03-14 08:01 AM
    What is wrong with BBRY?? I can't purchase or pre-order PP from ShpBB, it simply doesn't accept the order and returns:

"We're sorry but BlackBerry Passport - Black is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologize for any inconvenience."
    I guess they have been beaten up too much with write-downs. Now, instead of being left with tons of manufactured (and unsold) hardware, demand is outstripping supply. Neither is great, but I guess a company would prefer this scenario over the other. If BB can get themselves on firmer financial footing, I'm sure they could again start taking a little more risk with inventory. I know it's frustrating, but it's not the end of the world. My boss is trying to get an iPhone 6 on Verizon. He ordered it, but his son told me it's not coming until first week of November. Life goes on, and eventually people will get their beloved handset.
    10-03-14 08:14 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141002_185734.png 
Views:	1743 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	302627

That is almost criminal.

Apple- Yes AT&T and Verizon you must sell X amount of phones.
    AT&T/Verizon- But you have stores competing with our stores.
    Apple- Yes have a problem with that.

These US Carriers are just stupid.

If one of my vendors wants to set up shop in my area and sell directly their sales go down because I will sell something better and push there crap product to the side.
    10-03-14 08:30 AM
    I bought my passport via shopblackberry, walked into an ATT shop, and I now have a working Passport on ATT. No need to buy from them.
    Not everyone is in a position like you to buy it full price.

Doesn't affect me but if it's coming in 2015, that really sucks for consumers.
    10-03-14 10:39 AM
    Not everyone is in a position like you to buy it full price.

Doesn't affect me but if it's coming in 2015, that really sucks for consumers.
    I can confirm that att all sell it "early 2015". This is from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:33 AM
    I can confirm that att all sell it "early 2015". This is from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Link? Throught BlackBerry said everyone to carry before end of year.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:37 AM
296 ... 23456 ...