I bought my passport from Amazon.
    I am currently using a Q10.
    When you went to AT&T, did you convert your old phone's micro sim into a nano sim ?
    Did you assign the sim card IMEI # for your Passport ?
    If yes, are you receiving 4G LTE data coverage or only LTE Voice ?

thx
    They gave me a new nano sim, and then had to convince the rep to use the Q10 imei number for the passport. If he won't just use passport imei, call att when you get home a say you are switching devices back to Q10, give them the Q10 imei and then just use the passport. Good to go!
    kiomon likes this.
    10-01-14 07:21 PM
    I just took the nano sim out of my iphone5 and stuck it in the Passport.

Just took a bit of back and forth to turn of the iMessages/SMS funny thing that apple does to the sim card.
    10-01-14 07:26 PM
    AT&T Passport Release Date in 2015?!? [RUMOR]-img_20141001_192850.png

Rockin Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    10-01-14 07:29 PM
    2015? Really? I would just buy an unlocked one but they are out of stock everywhere anyways...
    10-01-14 08:08 PM
    Someone should tweet them that if they don't have it we can simply buy it from shop BlackBerry and use it on tmobile. That's what I'm going to do if this delay is real.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    10-01-14 09:16 PM
    The first idea they come up with that markets itself and no CDMA version is suicide. I'm a long shareholder but this company can't get out its own way

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:53 PM
    What!?!

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    10-02-14 12:07 AM
    How accurate is N4BB.com? After I've read their article, it seems like they reaaally know what they are talking about. Are they reliable when it comes down to their sources?
    10-02-14 12:32 AM
    How accurate is N4BB.com?
    They have zero credibility as far as I'm concerned. They like to throw everything at the wall, hoping something sticks. Most recently, they stated that the 9983 would have 3GB RAM. It doesn't. They are about as accurate as Android Central when it comes to reporting BB news.
    chewblock and sbank like this.
    10-02-14 12:38 AM
    They have zero credibility as far as I'm concerned. They like to throw everything at the wall, hoping something sticks. Most recently, they stated that the 9983 would have 3GB RAM. It doesn't. They are about as accurate as Android Central when it comes to reporting BB news.
    Ah ha! that's what I thought! thanks for your input and let's hope AT&T releases Passport soon!
    10-02-14 12:51 AM
    Yeah this is another Classic (pun intended) BlackBerry screw up of a phone release in the U.S. market. Don't understand it at all. Not one bit.
    Exactly!

Mr Chen is such a loser.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 12:53 AM
    I was in an AT&T store earlier today and asked the manager if there had been any internal memos or info regarding upcoming phone releases and she said no, there never is...her and the staff rely on online info (she mentioned engadget specifically) for news/dates of upcoming releases.

She said that the staff only ever officially hears about new product releases a day or two prior....something about wanting the staff to concentrate on actually selling devices that are currently available rather than telling people "well, if you hold out another X amount of time such and such a device will be available". They want sales of existing product NOW, not a bunch of people holding out for something better down the road.

From a business standpoint I can see how that makes sense I guess...

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and chewblock like this.
    10-02-14 01:16 AM
    Once the Passport does arrive on AT&T the cost of the Next Program 12 month will be $30 and Next 18 month will be $25, Assuming they keep the full retail cost at $599.99.

It makes more sense to just buy the Passport from shopblackberry or amazon on a credit card and pay a little extra monthly on your credit card bill.

Advatange: You get the Passport quicker, lower monthly bill, unlocked phone, and you get the BlackBerry oem packaging, cuz you know AT&T will rebrand the packaging and stick it on a white and orange box. lol
    thymaster likes this.
    10-02-14 02:32 AM
    In one the the screenshot posted ATT twitter mentioned the passport is coming soon, to me that means within a month or two.
    10-02-14 09:23 AM
    unfortunately, people arent good at figuring this out... most hear that you have to pay 600 out of pocket and they get turned off, but offer them a phone for 200 and maybe even free with a trade in of their old one and they are all game... it's just how things work for now and the blackberry team should have been fully aware of this dynamic to make sure the launch is a multi carrier launch with full support from the largest players.

Yeah, the berry launch / demand seems pretty good, but could have been much much better and could have really been a game changer for them. Not saying its over, but they needed to have their ducks in a row from day one, because they really cant afford to continue to ignore the dynamic of the cellular market.
    10-02-14 09:33 AM
    unfortunately, people arent good at figuring this out... most hear that you have to pay 600 out of pocket and they get turned off, but offer them a phone for 200 and maybe even free with a trade in of their old one and they are all game... it's just how things work for now and the blackberry team should have been fully aware of this dynamic to make sure the launch is a multi carrier launch with full support from the largest players.

Yeah, the berry launch / demand seems pretty good, but could have been much much better and could have really been a game changer for them. Not saying its over, but they needed to have their ducks in a row from day one, because they really cant afford to continue to ignore the dynamic of the cellular market.
    So true.

The arrogance of Mr Chen thinking he can ignore the major players and major markets is simply unbelievable!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:34 AM
    I agree with you on that . I have asked about the PP 3 or 4 times and every time they have asked me to buy a different phone now vice wait for the PP

I was in an AT&T store earlier today and asked the manager if there had been any internal memos or info regarding upcoming phone releases and she said no, there never is...her and the staff rely on online info (she mentioned engadget specifically) for news/dates of upcoming releases.

She said that the staff only ever officially hears about new product releases a day or two prior....something about wanting the staff to concentrate on actually selling devices that are currently available rather than telling people "well, if you hold out another X amount of time such and such a device will be available". They want sales of existing product NOW, not a bunch of people holding out for something better down the road.

From a business standpoint I can see how that makes sense I guess...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 12:19 PM
    The first idea they come up with that markets itself and no CDMA version is suicide. I'm a long shareholder but this company can't get out its own way

Posted via CB10
    Not sure I understand some of the negativity aimed at BBerry over their release. The phone from Shop BBerry is unlocked and will work on all GSM carriers in the US. They cannot just "sell" a CDMA phone because -- unless it's carrier branded -- you can't use it on a US CDMA carrier. They won't allow it. So, why make something that you cannot sell? Seems to me like a modestly conservative release that has paid off. And, if one is a long time shareholder, I'd say the stock is doing pretty well.
    raino and Bluenoser63 like this.
    10-02-14 12:38 PM
    The worst part is, not having it avail in the US the same day as every other country/carrier. I know it's not BlackBerry's fault. Still, a shotty way to do it. And yes, I think people knew you could purchase from those to outlets, but honestly, that wasn't good enough.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 01:42 PM
    It's criminal how a certain fruit company can send out updates that go through no carrier testing which end up breaking phones but everyone else has to wait months for updates and are forced to put carrier branding on their devices.

Where is the FCC here? Are they busy watching pron all day?
    alternator77 likes this.
    10-02-14 02:01 PM
    Not sure I understand some of the negativity aimed at BBerry over their release. The phone from Shop BBerry is unlocked and will work on all GSM carriers in the US. They cannot just "sell" a CDMA phone because -- unless it's carrier branded -- you can't use it on a US CDMA carrier. They won't allow it. So, why make something that you cannot sell? Seems to me like a modestly conservative release that has paid off. And, if one is a long time shareholder, I'd say the stock is doing pretty well.
    The fact is that only die hard BlackBerry fans (yes I am one) will order a phone sight unseen without being to touch one first.

As for long term shareholder value? Uhhh... down almost 4% as we speak. But further... need I mention it was $30 just 3 years ago... and $140 about 5 years ago. Given that, I don?t consider bouncing between $8-10 a very good long term value.

Posted via CB10
    Residing likes this.
    10-02-14 02:11 PM
    I was told by Blackberry Enterprise that AT&T already has them. I was also told from her that T-Mobile will have the Passport as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 02:47 PM
    The fact is that only die hard BlackBerry fans (yes I am one) will order a phone sight unseen without being to touch one first.

As for long term shareholder value? Uhhh... down almost 4% as we speak. But further... need I mention it was $30 just 3 years ago... and $140 about 5 years ago. Given that, I don?t consider bouncing between $8-10 a very good long term value.

Posted via CB10
    First, that isn't entirely true. Only tech savy consumers don't buy devices sight unseen without being able to touch one first. Consumers as a whole buy plenty of products online without ever having laid eyes on the actual product let alone touch one.

Second, the entire market is down; this has nothing to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 02:59 PM

Second, the entire market is down; this has nothing to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Nope... the entire market is virtually unchanged. And BBRY now down almost 5% with 10 minutes to the bell.

Has everything to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:19 PM
    I found the ATT process for getting a sim is different in the store vs on the phone. On the phone, they wanted the Passport IMEI # which did not work for LTE. In the store, they started with a LTE nano sim and made it active, and were able to scan the bar code inside the passport.

My phone does NOT say LTE anywhere.... but with 8 mB/sec download speeds... I'm pretty sure its working just like it was LTE. It only has "4G" on the phone. I have to say it is working flawlessly so far. Data and voice.

I bought my passport from Amazon.
    I am currently using a Q10.
    When you went to AT&T, did you convert your old phone's micro sim into a nano sim ?
    Did you assign the sim card IMEI # for your Passport ?
    If yes, are you receiving 4G LTE data coverage or only LTE Voice ?

thx
    10-02-14 03:23 PM
296 12345 ...