Arrrghh! You would hope, as part of an exclusive deal, the exclusive carrier would endeavor to get the device to market sooner rather than next frogging year.
    iToya likes this.
    10-01-14 03:04 PM
    Spoke to a marketing rep for BlackBerry in California this am and she seemed to think AT&T may have Passport stock next week. Couldn't get any other details. IMO it will be much sooner than 2015...
    10-01-14 03:08 PM
    Wow, that could really hurt their sales here in the US. I have been waiting patiently (well trying at least) for the Passport to come to Att. I have also considered the Note 4. I would much prefer the Passport, but folks like me who are slightly torn are just going to grab the one that is available when their patience runs out.

Most likely I will just keep my Q now and let the thrill of a new device wear off altogether.

Not cool.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:11 PM
    He said she said blah blah blah
    jmaxim917, neoberry99 and EsJayDee like this.
    10-01-14 03:16 PM
    Exactly. On top of that, most people are on subsidized phone plans in US, so that doesn't even come into consideration. So basically the phone is unavailable (realistically speaking) to the majority of people in US...

What a shame. Should have launched across all carriers and available day 1. If it is to succeed, needs to come soon, before the glamor wears off and it is forgotten.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    10-01-14 03:19 PM
    I totally agree. It should have been on all US carriers on launch day

Exactly. On top of that, most people are on subsidized phone plans in US, so that doesn't even come into consideration. So basically the phone is unavailable (realistically speaking) to the majority of people in US...

What a shame. Should have launched across all carriers and available day 1. If it is to succeed, needs to come soon, before the glamor wears off and it is forgotten.
    10-01-14 03:27 PM
    If December or 2015 is true, the Passport is DOA in the USA. This really sucks.
    There is too many nice devices coming out in the 4th quarter of 2014. IOS, Android, and Windows platforms all have new stuff coming that is going to sell for the Xmas season.
    lang007 and Paisley Pirate like this.
    10-01-14 03:27 PM
    That is true also. Out of sight out of mind if we have to wait that long. I may just have the Note 4 by January if the PP does not come out soon

If December or 2015 is true, the Passport is DOA in the USA. This really sucks.
    There is too many nice devices coming out in the 4th quarter of 2014. IOS, Android, and Windows platforms all have new stuff coming that is going to sell for the Xmas season.
    10-01-14 03:31 PM
    Yeah this is another Classic (pun intended) BlackBerry screw up of a phone release in the U.S. market. Don't understand it at all. Not one bit.
    10-01-14 03:37 PM
    I spoke with an AT&T supervisor today about an unrelated issue...she didn't know anything about the Passport either. I said that's normal, none of your colleagues know about it either. She said yeah, we'll always get new phones in just when they're ready to be released, not before. Makes me wonder about how BlackBerry as a company is structured. It sounds like they have like one sales/marketing dude working for minimum wage in some back room with a typewriter. No one's ever seen him. He also shovels coal in the boiler room.
    10-01-14 03:45 PM
    Shhh do not let iToya hear about this otherwise she'll go on a rampage and burn down their HQ!

According to N4BB they are hearing 2015 release date for AT&T
    Anyone heard anything different?

Posted via CB10
    iToya likes this.
    10-01-14 03:54 PM
    Oh shoot she already heard about it. Everybody run and hide quickly! lol

That'll be my move come payday!

Posted via CB10
    iToya likes this.
    10-01-14 03:55 PM
    Oh shoot she already heard about it. Everybody run and hide quickly! lol

Posted via CB10
    You know me all too well. I'm giving up this fight and throwing my money at BlackBerry. AT&T doesn't care about loyal blackberry customers. Lol

Posted via CB10
    nhanken, Bluenoser63 and eldrover like this.
    10-01-14 04:33 PM
    Yeah this is another Classic (pun intended) BlackBerry screw up of a phone release in the U.S. market. Don't understand it at all. Not one bit.
    You don't quite understand the carrier certification fiasco though...
    Tmobile can (and probably would) refuse to launch the device on their network for example. Theoretically same with Sprint, same with VZ. This is not a guaranteed mass seller like a S5 or some cheap, low risk generic ZTE rebranded piece of crap. They have to actually want to market this on their own and spend their own $$ to launch, train staff and support it.

It's not just an issue with the manufacturer...
    10-01-14 04:52 PM
    That is incorrect information. AT&T will either have the Passport in November or early December. This is from my source on the moon, so yeah.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 04:56 PM
    I knew I wasn't going to wait for AT&T on this one, ordered from Shopblackberry.com, crew them carriers!!! Now if only Digital River would finally ship my Passport.... impatiently waiting for October 6th.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:03 PM
    I'm getting sick and tired of paying an arm and a leg to sign a cellphone contract in Canada, which now costs at least $70+ min to get a phone from them and still have to shell out $200+ for a high end phone like the Passport. I've already calculated that if I buy from ShopBB.ca it'll still be way cheaper than being on a contract. Right now I'm using a $25/month plan and I just buy a data add on package that costs $30/GB which doesn't expire unless it gets used up. Believe it or not 1GB lasts me 4 months or more since I'm mostly on WIFI while at home and school. And I only read the news and pump out emails, BBM and turn data off when done while on the go.

So all in all, I'd rather buy from ShopBB than paying the three big Robbers in Canada.

You know me all too well. I'm giving up this fight and throwing my money at BlackBerry. AT&T doesn't care about loyal blackberry customers. Lol

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    iToya and SharonRD like this.
    10-01-14 05:14 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Just order it online from Shop blackberry. Com....

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:24 PM
    Just order it online from Shop blackberry. Com....

Posted via CB10
    And pay $600?? Buying through the Carrier would be $250! Plus I've heard mixed results on how unlocked would work on AT&T
    iToya and TerribleTim68 like this.
    10-01-14 05:46 PM
    My hesitance has been if AT&T version has Qi charging.
    10-01-14 06:11 PM
    I transferred one line to att. I had two tablets with data only sims. My overall cost has gone way down. Once I test my service in the necessary locations.... if all is good, bye bye big red.
    If it's only data then you could get it to work with vzw but you can't get 3g only LTE

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    10-01-14 06:16 PM
    AT&T Passport Release Date in 2015?!? [RUMOR]-img_20141001_193240.png
    AT&T Passport Release Date in 2015?!? [RUMOR]-img_20141001_193136.png
    AT&T Passport Release Date in 2015?!? [RUMOR]-img_20141001_193127.png

AT&T doesn't care about loyal Blackberry customers. I'm moving to Canada.

Posted via CB10
    nhanken likes this.
    10-01-14 06:34 PM
    C'mon over and just bring some fur coats with you! I'll build you an igloo =)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141001_193240.png 
Views:	1963 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	302313

Name:	IMG_20141001_193136.png 
Views:	1960 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	302315

Name:	IMG_20141001_193127.png 
Views:	1966 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	302316

AT&T doesn't care about loyal Blackberry customers. I'm moving to Canada.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:46 PM
    Spoke to a marketing rep for BlackBerry in California this am and she seemed to think AT&T may have Passport stock next week. Couldn't get any other details. IMO it will be much sooner than 2015...
    I really really hope your rep is right, but if it was true AT&T probably would have announced a release date by now.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    10-01-14 06:53 PM
    And pay $600?? Buying through the Carrier would be $250! Plus I've heard mixed results on how unlocked would work on AT&T
    Buying off contract at full price is actually the better option because you can then be on cheaper no contract rates. You will pay full price one way or the other. Either through the contract of higher rates or device payments over time or all at one once.

Personally I like knowing I can take it elsewhere or change my plan anytime I want without having a debt of a financed cell phone hanging around over my head.

In the end to each their own. But carrier subsidized or full price equals not much difference than the freedom you have. IMO of course

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    10-01-14 07:04 PM
296 1234 ...