couple of nights ago, I turned my AT&T Passport off and then plugged it in so it could charge overnight. I was leaving the next morning for a brief weekend away. about 15 min. before my taxi arrived, I tried to power on my phone but nothing happened! I pressed the button and pressed the button but the phone would not power up! Sadly there is no way to do a battery pull on this phone that I know of - that was the go-to fix whenever my Torch was acting up. I took the cover off anyway and stared at the SIM card and touched it gently, not knowing what else to do. Nothing. Taxi came and I tossed my Torch into my bag, thinking maybe I could just go to an AT&T store when I got to my destination and they could reactivate it on my account temporarily.

Got into the taxi and tried once again to power up the Passport - and this time it did power up! Whew! Has anyone else had this problem? otherwise I have had no issues at all with the phone other than the odd flickering thing that is well-known for this phone.
    04-20-15 02:32 PM
    Happened to me before. The only way to turn it on when it goes into "eternal sleep" is to do a hard reset. Hold down the up and down volume keys until it starts

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 02:46 PM
    couple of nights ago, I turned my AT&T Passport off and then plugged it in so it could charge overnight. I was leaving the next morning for a brief weekend away. about 15 min. before my taxi arrived, I tried to power on my phone but nothing happened! I pressed the button and pressed the button but the phone would not power up! Sadly there is no way to do a battery pull on this phone that I know of - that was the go-to fix whenever my Torch was acting up. I took the cover off anyway and stared at the SIM card and touched it gently, not knowing what else to do. Nothing. Taxi came and I tossed my Torch into my bag, thinking maybe I could just go to an AT&T store when I got to my destination and they could reactivate it on my account temporarily.

Got into the taxi and tried once again to power up the Passport - and this time it did power up! Whew! Has anyone else had this problem? otherwise I have had no issues at all with the phone other than the odd flickering thing that is well-known for this phone.
    As with my previous BlackBerry 10 devices (Z10, Z30 ) and currently Passport...I don't turn it off when I plug it in before I go to bed. Once it's recharged, it goes to trickle charge mode and keeps the battery properly maintained.

Never had any issues doing it this way. Below is my charge last night. Woke up at roughly 3AM to go to the bathroom and checked that my phone was obviously fully charged at it was plugged in at 9:30PM before I went to sleep.

Now...I still have 73% remaining at roughly 1PM. Again...as I've said...it's not necessary to completely shut down/turn off your phone when recharging.
    AT&T Passport refused to power on! Anyone else?-img_20150420_125709.png

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    04-20-15 03:00 PM
    It sounds like you over charged your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 05:38 PM
    Yeah try to keep it powered on while charging.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 05:50 PM
    Thank you all for your replies!!! I never thought about the over-charging, but I will make sure to always keep the phone on when I charge. It's been behaving itself since that one incident. (whew!)

And thanks, BBluntic, for the info on the hard reset. Battery pulls successfully fixed my Torch every time it froze or wonked out, so I was a bit stymied as to what would work for the Passport since that's not an option on the PP.
    04-23-15 01:12 PM
    It sounds like you over charged your phone.

Posted via CB10
    You can't over charge BlackBerry batteries!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    04-28-15 06:13 AM
    My phone does not turn on. I have tried several times key button and volume down and up but still not working. Any idea what to do. Thanks.
    04-28-15 06:18 AM