Just received my AT&T Passport, picked up my new nano SIM card and chatted with AT&T to activate it. Gave them IMEI and SIM ICCID and at first I could make phone calls, and it showed e then 4g, when I checked data, it would not connect.

Few restarts later, now it's still showing 4g but I cannot make calls or get any data connection at all.

Will try to reach their tech dept to see what can be done, but this is very disappointing, especially my Z30 (not from AT&T) worked right away with existing SIM while I am having all these issues with their own device and a new SIM.
    07-20-15 08:31 PM
    98% chance that's an AT&T issue. Your IMEI is still filtering through their bunk, broken, old as dirt systems.
    07-20-15 10:51 PM
    Just received my AT&T Passport, picked up my new nano SIM card and chatted with AT&T to activate it. Gave them IMEI and SIM ICCID and at first I could make phone calls, and it showed e then 4g, when I checked data, it would not connect.

Few restarts later, now it's still showing 4g but I cannot make calls or get any data connection at all.

Will try to reach their tech dept to see what can be done, but this is very disappointing, especially my Z30 (not from AT&T) worked right away with existing SIM while I am having all these issues with their own device and a new SIM.
    Had this issue with my device from AT&T. Had to go into the Engineering Screen and change the APN to phone. AT&T was clueless.
    How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    07-21-15 03:36 AM
    Had this issue with my device from AT&T. Had to go into the Engineering Screen and change the APN to phone. AT&T was clueless.
    How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Weird you would have to do that on an ATT device. An unlocked one sure, but an ATT one? Odd.
    07-21-15 06:10 AM
    Weird you would have to do that on an ATT device. An unlocked one sure, but an ATT one? Odd.
    I went through 4 different Passports at 2 different locations. All had the same issue. I kept asking the tech if the APN was correct and even on the phone with level 2 support he would not tell what the APN should be set to. At the second location I finally got the correct APN and changed it myself on the Engineering screen. I asked them to make a note of the issue but I doubt they did. I don't think they sell enough Passports to care.
    07-21-15 12:28 PM
    Had the same problem with my work AT&T passport took a couple of calls to AT&T and finally got it fixed. Never had a problem with my personal PP purchased from shop blackberry.

Good luck
    07-21-15 03:18 PM
    This was like a horror movie, last night I was chatting with AT&T for 30 minutes, they activated my SIM, I got my like with voice OK and no Data, she said it would come back, we disconnected then 30 minutes later, I started getting MM#2 Provision etc. error. Cannot make voice calls anymore, no data, line indicating 4g (with lower case).

I chat back and said she would call me once she has tech dept on the line, she called me at 9:59PM, I answered, we got disconnected. This repeated 3 times, then finally at 10:01 she called again and said sorry tech dept closed at 10pm and I have to call back tomorrow after 10.

I waited 2 hours and started chatting again, some guy said he can definitely help me with this, 1 hour later (chatting, waiting, trying random things) he said I should just take it to DSC (Device Support Center) and have them check.. Great, wasted over 2 hrs total and solution is to take it to DSC.

This morning I woke up, MM#2 error went away I can make voice calls, but no Data and I have the same error, voice is there.

I went to DSC on 32nd street & 6th ave, nice people, they helped me a lot last time and this time I was super lucky to get the supervisor (his name is Gerard) he said why don't we just put the sim in another phone to make sure the SIM works, he put it in HTC One, again 4g, no data, voice is available. He took out another brand new sim, activated that, scanned my IMEI, everything is set, same problem. Then he said he thought of something and checked their system, he realized there is no data service in my "service profile". He said they didn't add data plan or for some reason it is not showing up.. This reminded me last time I activated different size SIM, it was in store and lady specifically asked me what plan I have (I have grandfathered unlimited plan with 450min rollover) and she selected that specifically while activating. AT&T chat rep did not ask anything about my plan, and we bet that she screwed up my plan. Gerard was right, he called AT&T support directly since they don't have modify access to systems (read-only), they drove him crazy with same instructions over and over even though he told them specifically what the issue is with internal codes and identification and random stuff. They kept asking him if phone is BB and if I have BB data plan or if I changed phones recently, how many phones I switched, was this AT&T model or not (he was screaming silently to me that they can see all this by IMEI#) 11:30 to 2:00pm (a bit later) finally I walked out of there with my AT&T Passport showing LTE.
    Phew!

TLDR: When they switched service from my MicroSim to NanoSim, they did not activate proper data plan in my account, and they also messed up voice profile. I had to get someone to re-structure my whole profile with AT&T and add correct data and voice plan for my new SIM to work. So I suggest everyone to do their SIM activation IN STORE not via phone or chat, and also make sure you remind them to select the correct data plan (the data plan you have may have been discontinued).

Then I walked out and took this picture:
    07-21-15 06:31 PM
    Tried on classes and nothing happened when I tried typing the code given. The last two digits starting typing in the "find" field that popped up.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 02:00 PM