How is this possible when the phone is already in use other places? I'm beginning to think this is another terrible release for BlackBerry. Maybe someone else can make some sense of this for me? The sales reps there don't even know what you're talking about when you mention the Passport.
    09-26-14 07:50 PM
    So you're currently on AT&T... Did you get an email from them today about Passport?

Someone else on AT&T in one of my BBM Groups got an email from them today about Passport, I believe for pre-orders.
    09-26-14 07:54 PM
    So you're currently on AT&T... Did you get an email from them today about Passport?

Someone else on AT&T in one of my BBM Groups got an email from them today about Passport, I believe for pre-orders.
    No email here...I'm in NYC so you'd figure if anywhere it might be here first....I just got off a chat with an AT&T rep and she didn't know anything about the Passport. Not a clue!
    09-26-14 07:57 PM
    Yes no word on pre orders. We need a release date soon. Not sure why they didnt release this phone along with canada at the same time. US and Canada are very close. And even some parts of the world have them.
    09-26-14 08:17 PM
    I just really hope they get the white one or at least for shop blackberry to get the white one up soon.
    09-26-14 09:35 PM
    Yes no word on pre orders. We need a release date soon. Not sure why they didnt release this phone along with canada at the same time. US and Canada are very close. And even some parts of the world have them.
    I could understand if they didn't have the exclusive. It's just not a big enough market; they're still in negotiations; whatever. But to have an exclusive and the salespeople in the company aren't even aware, when the phone is on the shelves already in other countries - I just don't get it. It's as though they're trying to kill the interest in the product.
    09-26-14 11:11 PM

Any pic of the email?
    09-26-14 11:28 PM
    How is this possible when the phone is already in use other places? I'm beginning to think this is another terrible release for BlackBerry. Maybe someone else can make some sense of this for me? The sales reps there don't even know what you're talking about when you mention the Passport.
    There goes AT&T as usual. I think you'd be better off getting an unlocked phone and using it on their network.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:46 PM
    It takes time to load all that bloatware on the phones ATT will subsidize.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:51 PM
    The reps don't know and the people who do know are above them and don't tell. The computers are updated the day of or day before they are released to the public.
    09-27-14 12:02 AM
    Killing the phone, is exactly what they are trying to do. Think about it, the phone(unlocked) is cheaper than the base iphone 6(unlocked). But for some strange reason, if you buy the phone with a 2 year contract, the passport now cost 50 dollars more than the iphone 6.

So ask yourself, if someone on the fence between the two phones walks into the store and see's the iphone is 50 dollars cheaper, they will buy that one instead of the BlackBerry.

The only thing I can think of for why this is happening, other than Att trying to kill BlackBerry off in the U.S., is the Classic. BlackBerry will sale the Classic for 200 on contract, but because the passport has better specs, it has to cost more. They(Blackberry) should made the Passport 200 on contract and lower the price of the Classic.
    nah.uhh and Denvertorch like this.
    09-27-14 12:06 AM
    How has this email not been plastered in at least 30 unique threads already?
    09-28-14 10:03 PM
    I've been on the ATT Community boards, and they still proclaim to know nothing and to stay tuned! BullHockey ... Won't EVEN answer your question of having a pre-order option. SMH
    09-28-14 10:31 PM
    How has this email not been plastered in at least 30 unique threads already?
    second, had such an email existed i believe "insert religious deity here" him/herself would have plastered that all over the net. :P
    09-28-14 10:31 PM
    Any pic of the email?
    Sorry didn't come back to this thread until now.
    I'll ask him if he still has the email.

Posted via CB10
    stooy leown likes this.
    09-29-14 06:53 AM
    Typical of AT&T, don't have any confidence in them doing anything timely that involves something other than Iphone. I thought this would happen so I ordered one first day from BlackBerry and I am waiting on the back order shipment. Will be interesting to see how much their store employees push the Passport
    09-29-14 08:26 AM
    i dont see a point of exclusive anymore... everything is sim driven now-a-days...
    09-29-14 08:46 AM
    i dont see a point of exclusive anymore... everything is sim driven now-a-days...
    That's where SIM locking comes in. If you buy a phone through AT&T, it's going to be locked, and they may require you to either pay in full or fulfill your contract to unlock the phone.

Verizon phones are unlocked because of the band 13 rule, but 1. They often aren't spec'd for full compatibility outside Verizon, 2. Verizon may be indulging in baseband locking, 3. They rarely get worthwhile exclusives nowadays (of course, this is an opinion, therefore subjective.)
    09-29-14 09:19 AM
    I don't think it is an exclusive. I think it is more likely at&t was the only carrier with interest like verizon was with the z30. I hope they announce it soon, I'm waiting to pick it up to upgrade my z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:58 AM
    Sorry didn't come back to this thread until now.
    I'll ask him if he still has the email.
    Unfortunately he deleted the email and it's gone off the server too.
    But he clarified that he has a business account with AT&T, so maybe the email was only sent to corporate customers for now.

He tweeted at AT&T and they replied:

Attachment 301642
    09-29-14 06:18 PM
    Funny thing they have pre-order for samsung note 4 but not the blackberry passport
    09-29-14 06:24 PM
    I went to att store and a rep said check back next week. Lol he even went onto computer to look it up and came across these forums lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    09-29-14 06:27 PM
    I have an AT&T business account and have used nothing but Blackberry since 2007. No email. Until there is proof, this is simply hearsay.

Unfortunately he deleted the email and it's gone off the server too.
    But he clarified that he has a business account with AT&T, so maybe the email was only sent to corporate customers for now.

He tweeted at AT&T and they replied:

Attachment 301642
    09-29-14 08:33 PM
    AT&T ALWAYS launches new devices on Fridays. This past Friday AT&T launched the Samsung Alpha and LG Vigor so I'm guessing that was too many new phones to launch at the same time. Maybe they committed that Friday to Samsung and LG before they committed to BlackBerry. I'm guessing it will be a few weeks before they open up pre-orders for the Passport. The Note 4 pre-order started on iPhone 6 launch day. I'm taking a wild guess, but I'm predicting the Passport will be launched on AT&T on October 10th....
    09-30-14 01:42 AM
    AT&T ALWAYS launches new devices on Fridays. This past Friday AT&T launched the Samsung Alpha and LG Vigor so I'm guessing that was too many new phones to launch at the same time. Maybe they committed that Friday to Samsung and LG before they committed to BlackBerry. I'm guessing it will be a few weeks before they open up pre-orders for the Passport. The Note 4 pre-order started on iPhone 6 launch day. I'm taking a wild guess, but I'm predicting the Passport will be launched on AT&T on October 10th....
    The 10th!? I'm going to dieeee....!
    09-30-14 04:27 AM
26 12