Hi guys,

Is it true that the AT&T version of the Passport can be charged on a wireless pad/device? I personally haven't tried wireless charging.

If this is true, for you AT&T BlackBerry Passport owners, what is a reliable wireless charger? What kind do you use with your Passport?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:15 AM
    02-02-16 12:53 AM
    I use the Nokia fatboy. What's inside is the same Nokia charger that's been on the market forever. Works great.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    02-02-16 09:03 AM
    Everyone seems to recommend the Tylt VU

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 03:25 PM
    It works but be careful. My wireless charger made the device extremely hot and caused the screen to lift.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 03:56 PM
    Yes i had a ATT PP and loved that it had wireless charging get they tylt its the best
    02-02-16 04:59 PM
    $15.00 for an excellent overnight or couple of hours charger that doesnt cook the phone or $59.00 for one that maybe makes excessive heat?
    02-02-16 08:38 PM
    Sorry, I didn't search the forums thoroughly about this. Thanks guys for the responses. Now that I think of it, I'm worried that if I get a wireless charger, it could cook my Passport!

I gotta do more research about this. I don't want to invest in one that could hurt my phone. If you guys have any recommendations regarding which ones work great, let me know!

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 02:37 AM
    No one has come here and provided proof that an att screen lifted due to wireless charging. Your funny dude

ronmrn likes this.
    02-03-16 05:03 PM
    If I purchase an unlocked passport, can I get service with Verizon even though they don't sell the passport?...Im due soon for an upgrade, if not then I just get the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 11:34 PM
    No one has come here and provided proof that an att screen lifted due to wireless charging. Your funny dude

Well all I know is that there was no screen issues, then I got a wireless charger. In the morning after leaving it on the charge while I slept, I picked it up and it was hot as hell. Then I noticed the top right corner had lifted slightly. The heat loosens the adhesive holding down the screen. I returned the charger and it hasn't heated up or gotten worse since.

By the way, this was a 60 dollar wireless charging pad.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 11:55 PM
    If I purchase an unlocked passport, can I get service with Verizon even though they don't sell the passport?...Im due soon for an upgrade, if not then I just get the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    It's been said time and time again that the Passport will not work on Verizon....

Posted via CB10
    BarefootBerry likes this.
    02-04-16 10:38 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Hope it doesn't happen to mine.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 05:46 AM
    I don't see the need to add a device to charge the phone. It charges more efficiently when you plug it in. Just my one and a half cents.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-08-16 03:50 PM
    I don't see the need to add a device to charge the phone. It charges more efficiently when you plug it in. Just my one and a half cents.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I agree. I have an AT&T Passport and was thinking about purchasing a wireless charging pad. However, in order to use the wireless charger it, too, needs to be kept charged. I might as well save my money and just use the USB port to charge my Passport.

Posted via CB10 via BlackBerry Passport
    04-02-16 11:58 AM
    Wireless charging pad doesn't have to be kept charged. They stay plug in to an outlet.

Posted via CB10
    PHughes likes this.
    04-02-16 12:30 PM
    There are some bizarre posts in this thread. A charger doesn't have to be charged, and whether or not you use a wireless charger, or plug it into a USB port, there can be heat. I have the Naztech Ultra Qi wireless charger and it works fine. It also has overcharge protection for those of you who are concerned.
    04-02-16 01:34 PM
    So what wireless Qi chargers are people having good luck with. I'm looking at Amazon and it's a little overwhelming. I do see a couple that have cooling technology, so maybe that would be a good way to go? I'm looking at ones that will sit more like a cradle, not laying flat.

I did look through the links above but weren't all that helpful for my question.

Right now I am thinking the Mikobox M6. Would also buy a 2.0 adapter (itian) for a standard wall plug instead of using a computer USB port. The Naztech also looks like a decent option.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    Last edited by erose75; 04-02-16 at 08:07 PM.
    04-02-16 07:16 PM
    Nokia Fatboy is flawless and fast enough and it's only $15. On ebay. It's been on the market along time

04-03-16 05:15 PM
    Nokia Fatboy is flawless and fast enough and it's only $15. On ebay. It's been on the market along time

Looking for more of a cradle style

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    04-03-16 05:27 PM
    I know of the dongles attached to the charging port. Although be careful as they can get pretty hot at times.
    04-10-16 12:34 AM