1) No announcement prior the launch.
    2) No Email notification sent.
    3) Not available in majority of stores.
    4) Disrespectful and sarcastic reaction from store reps (when asked if they have BlackBerry Passport in stock).
    5) Same sarcastic reaction from online customer support.
    6) Uneducated reps with lock of knowledge. ( one of the online rep. told me is it a phone when I told her yes it is a smartphone she goes "Oh I thought the IPhone is the only smartphone and Samsung as well)

Tired of this BS

Meshdow and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    02-20-15 08:16 PM
    I actually got an email announcement.

The rest is about par for the course. Don't know what else you expected. Some sales reps are decent, most haven't sold a BlackBerry in years and will be surprised if you want one.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:19 PM
    I checked to see the availability of the Passport today. Not one Passport within 100 miles. Pathetic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sweb and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    02-20-15 08:21 PM
    I have been told it will take week and a half before a full launch
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-20-15 08:21 PM
    I had a positive experience today in Atlanta at the company store. They had a lot of units both passport and classic as well as the rep was super nice and got me set up fast with out derailing me to an iPhone. There were about 4 others there picking up passports too. Op sorry you had a bad experience in you neck of the woods.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:29 PM
    I got a email as well. Keep your head up...its gonna be ok lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:32 PM
    I got an email and multiple stores had them this morning, availability has dropped however though.
    02-20-15 08:36 PM
    Not surprised at all.
    02-20-15 08:38 PM
    Uneducated reps with lock of knowledge. ( one of the online rep. told me is it a phone when I told her yes it is a smartphone she goes "Oh I thought the IPhone is the only smartphone and Samsung as well)

Tired of this BS

Should have told her:
    'So... you sell phones for a living and have no idea about what I'm talking about?'

'I see why you like Samsung and iPhone.'
    ... why?
    'You're great at wasting my time, but terrible at getting things done. A perfect fit.'

Lol just kidding, that probably wouldn't get you very far.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:48 PM
    My experience was great. I was able to order online at midnight for in store pick up. I live in little Rock, AR and several stores had availability. I received an Email at 8:30am stating my passport was ready for pickup. Shortly afterwards a call from the sales rep. I was at the store by nine and out the door by 9:30am. My sales rep was knowledgeable about the OS and stated he used the z10 prior. We spoke about my z30 for a bit and then how amazing the passport is. I had a another rep approach me and ask if I was excited to get the blackberry. It was disclosed to me that the store only received two devices . I was also able to purchase the body glove case. I' m still getting used to the keyboard but I'm glad it's back. I would have preferred the square design over the modified AT&T version.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:16 PM
    I didn't get the notification email either. It's surprising because I get a ton of junk mail from att.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:43 PM
    Purchased mine at 12:15 am online and already shipped this evening. Due on Monday via FedEx with free shipping

Email alert was received

SQW-100-1 10.3.1.2267 Allergy/Pulmonary
    02-20-15 09:48 PM
    The AT&T store near me had both the Classic and Passport on display today. Reps said they sold a few, but most diehard BlackBerry fans already have them, unlocked from ShopBlackBerry.

BlackBerry is out of the consumer game. The focus is now on enterprise and on services. Don't expect any hoopla or marketing hype for new BlackBerry handsets going forward.
    02-20-15 09:50 PM
    Company store in Greenville SC has them in stock. And I've seen quite a bit in the tech news online about the launch leading up to it. Not sure I would call it a disaster. They are not going after the same crowd as apple and android.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:57 PM
    The website has absolutely nothing about the new blackberries. You have to manually choose the blackberry filter to see them for sale. What a shame.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    02-20-15 10:00 PM
    The website has absolutely nothing about the new blackberries. You have to manually choose the blackberry filter to see them for sale. What a shame.

Posted via CB10
    If you sort by new arrivals, the Passport is at the top.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:07 AM
    Wow. Sorry you had a terrible experience. I was notified by email and picked up the passport yesterday after noon. I actually paid less than expected. Then again, I'm in Palo Alto. Tech central.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:42 AM
    I actually got the email too. 6am right on the money. First time I've ever gotten one of those promotional emails

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:01 AM
    AT&T BlackBerry Passport launch is a big disaster-img_20150221_061020.png
    Not one single Passport in Pittsburgh, PA. It was a huge leap of faith for me to drop $600 on an unlocked phone sight unseen. If it had been offered by ATT or T-Mobile, I might have bought one in-store, but I don't miss being dismissed by fandroid and iSheep phone store geeks.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:21 AM
    I tried ordering online late last night, it said no stores in my area had any I stock. Paid with a credit card that was a dollar short(im on the next plan). After work went to the "regular" At&t store to see if they had a demo. The rep knew what I was asking for but they did not receive any. They said it could take up to 2 weeks if I ordered one. Then he directed me to a Corporate Store which was in the mall. Walk in and ask the rep. He responds that they have them both in stock and a demo Passport. I go and know I've made the right choice. Hands me off to another rep, Yulia. She proceeds to tell me she knows nothing about it, but it is beautiful and interesting. I'm her first Passport, so she asks a couple of questions. The other reps are complimenting the phone. All in all, I had a good nonjudgmental experience.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:38 AM
    Bad experience just trying to see one in Northern Va. They had them in store but wouldn't even bring the box out for me to see. The rep said, "We have limited space for what we display in store and well, it's a BlackBerry" in a condescending tone.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:20 AM
    I got an email announcement.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:21 AM
    Actually it is great. Could be better but until BlackBerry has more demand this is it. I'm happy and have my Passport with a bad *** body glove case. Glass half full.

Posted via CB10
    WhutChaDoin likes this.
    02-21-15 10:27 AM
    I didn't get the email but had a really nice experience getting one in store, once they found the one passport they had in the back. The sales guy was really interested in it and excited. They never once tried to sell me a different phone either.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:41 AM
    What do you expect. Blackberry has been no carriers dream mfg. They will have an uphill battle wherever they are sold while Apple and Samsung are players.

But they have to be smart and continue to innovate. I think 10.3.1 is going in the right direction IMO. The AT&T launch is just a low budget launch to retain customers...not to increase market share. Retain is what BlackBerry needs to do at this point to stay focused and profitable. One profits stabilize they can invest more in attempts to gain market share again.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    02-21-15 12:32 PM
27 12