Apparently the BlackBerry Passport version for AT&T will have wireless charging according to FCC filings.

Cheers BlackBerry for giving the early adopters of the Passport a big middle finger

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:01 PM
    Well at lest they get to keep the original design.
    01-22-15 11:39 PM
    I never wanted it anyway but I been saying there's a good chance of it since release lol - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-962647/
    01-22-15 11:43 PM
    Well you can laugh at them when they try to use their Z30 wireless charger base. PMA, no soup for you!
    01-22-15 11:45 PM
    Well at lest they get to keep the original design.
    Original design sucks compared to AT&T....

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:45 PM
    Apparently the BlackBerry Passport version for AT&T will have wireless charging according to FCC filings.

Cheers BlackBerry for giving the early adopters of the Passport a big middle finger

Posted via CB10
    It's something AT&T asked for. BlackBerry agreed and provided it. So what? What would you have done with the request?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    wincyUt, zlatno, chflower and 2 others like this.
    01-22-15 11:47 PM
    It's something AT&T asked for. BlackBerry agreed and provided it. So what? What would you have done with the request?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    It should have been provided at launch. Just like the rounded corners.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    In your opinion. I'm fine with not having it and quite rather like my square version vs. AT&T's round one thank you kindly.
    BKbehave, tvst28, alan510 and 25 others like this.
    01-23-15 12:05 AM
    I don't see it as a shaft at all. BBRY sold direct so that everyone waiting could get one.

Personally, I love the straight corners, but I think the longer lower chin is a better design though. I can see typing a bit more comfortable with it, though I'm fully adjusted to the existing one.

On wireless charging, I'm guessing AT&T plans to sell a bunch of charging mats to get a larger margin!

I'm on AT&T and will definitely check it out in store, very very content with my Passport, especially after the 2072 leak, so there's only a 50% chance I'll buy the AT&T version in the next 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 12:19 AM
    I don't see it as a shaft at all. BBRY sold direct so that everyone waiting could get one.

Personally, I love the straight corners, but I think the longer lower chin is a better design though. I can see typing a bit more comfortable with it, though I'm fully adjusted to the existing one.

On wireless charging, I'm guessing AT&T plans to sell a bunch of charging mats to get a larger margin!

I'm on AT&T and will definitely check it out in store, very very content with my Passport, especially after the 2072 leak, so there's only a 50% chance I'll buy the AT&T version in the next 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you on liking the square corners more but that the added room at the bottom is a plus.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154 /T-Mobile USA
    01-23-15 12:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    You should have put money on not having wireless charging, then.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 12:27 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    exactly, market orientation approach.
    before this many crying of the availability of BlackBerry in usa, then when BlackBerry did what it takes to penetrate the 'huge' market, everybody seems to against it....
    you have to give something to get something....

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus and wincyUt like this.
    01-23-15 12:48 AM
    I think it's important to note that one of the "features" you got that AT&T customers didn't is so many extra (early) months of use
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-23-15 01:39 AM
    Another con about the at&t version will probably be terribly delayed updates. And of course limited leaks for that version. That combination will be what keeps me from purchasing.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:55 AM
    On my side, I just don't understand WHY BlackBerry does put wireless charging on all models?

Why making two versions of the same thing ?

If it would be Verizon, I would have understood as they use CDMA and not UMTS as the rest of the world, so you have to make a different version. But AT&T is using same types of networks (maybe different frequencies?) as Europe and most of the world, so no reason at all us not having wireless charging.

I don't care of round or straight corners.

Posted via CB10
    p1800nut likes this.
    01-23-15 04:02 AM
    The classic needs wireless charging too. Just saying.
    BigRob673 likes this.
    01-23-15 04:19 AM
    The big issue I would have with the AT&T model is cases won't fit right.

T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Autoloaded 10.3.1.2072.
    01-23-15 05:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    What should have BlackBerry done? A customer (BIG Customer) asked for something specific and Blackberry obliged.

As for early Passport adapters, from all report they are VERY happy with the device. Are you saying that Blackberry HAS to keep the same look, specs, details, and options as the original Passport as to not offend the first Passport owners who by all intents and purposes are very pleased with their devices?

If that's the case, go buy an iPhone. They never change or upgrade anything...
    01-23-15 06:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    WHY?

The Passport sold out. It has great consumer ratings and reviews. It''s only your opinion and there are others with different opinions. People who actually like the original design better.

Blackberry CAN'T make everyone happy. I, personally, am glad that Blackberry is actually listening to their customers and adapting.
    01-23-15 06:46 AM
    This is peevish and more than a little childish. YOU knew what the specs of the original Passport were when YOU decided to buy it. Blackberry has done nothing wrong. They are just continually improving their products as any good company should be doing.

As an owner of the original Passport I'm quite happy about these improvements. They will bring more people to the platform.

This whole thread should be deleted really.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 07:20 AM
    I prefer the squared version. Looks as it was intended to look not meddled by some carrier.
    I am not going to buy Mercedes G Class or wait till someone round the corners to buy it. I don't like the way it looks. I do however like the way the Passport look. On the flip side, I am not going to buy a Civic and mod it to look like a shopping cart either.
    Perhaps, you should not have bought the original Passport, or sell it and get the ATT one.
    01-23-15 07:28 AM
    This whole thread should be deleted really.

Posted via CB10
    ^This

Soooo many of these repeat threads! You are now entering the twilight zone
    chflower likes this.
    01-23-15 07:46 AM
    If wireless charging feature is deal breaker for anyone, then they should only buy devices with wireless charging features. Most phones don't have wireless charging features anyway.
    I have no problems or inconveniences charging my "Awesome SQUARE Passport".
    zlatno likes this.
    01-23-15 07:51 AM
    I'm glad I got the original Passport. I couldn't care less about wireless charging. I have enough chargers and USB cords to last me a lifetime. And I don't have enough space on my end table for some pad that I might end up using as coffee cup coaster.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    01-23-15 07:52 AM
    I think it's important to note that one of the "features" you got that AT&T customers didn't is so many extra (early) months of use
    Exactly.
    This Catlin lady is easily offended... seems to post something every other day about how she feels insulted by BlackBerry lol
    thedose and moosbb like this.
    01-23-15 08:38 AM
58 123