need help if there's any! I'm trying to syc music which is on itunes, with blackberry link to Z 10.syncing music with blackberry link-screenhunter_02-dec.-10-19.10.png

the sync media relationship is not working just keep trying to sync. its been all day and still hasn't Finnish.
    I purchase new songs through itunes and can't get them on the phone.
    Last edited by ep1; 12-10-15 at 06:12 PM.
    12-10-15 06:02 PM
    Get them off of iTunes and onto a computer.
    After that I think you have to reformat them.
    Then load them to the BlackBerry.

Correct me if I'm wrong in the above as it's been about 5 years since I last had to do that.
    12-10-15 06:10 PM
    how do you get them off itunes?
    12-10-15 09:39 PM
    how do you get them off itunes?
    It was nearly 5 years ago, I'm sorry but that part I don't remember.
    12-10-15 10:30 PM
    Get them off of iTunes and onto a computer.
    After that I think you have to reformat them.
    Then load them to the BlackBerry.

Correct me if I'm wrong in the above as it's been about 5 years since I last had to do that.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. iTunes is on a computer, the songs are in iTunes.

I have many songs and playlists in iTunes and they sync fine to my phone. For obvious reasons, protected purchased files won't play on the BlackBerry.

I have occasionally had some problems with Link syncing the songs. Disconnect/reconnect the phone, and failing that delete the sync relationships and re-create new ones.
    12-10-15 10:36 PM
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. iTunes is on a computer, the songs are in iTunes.

I have many songs and playlists in iTunes and they sync fine to my phone. For obvious reasons, protected purchased files won't play on the BlackBerry.

I have occasionally had some problems with Link syncing the songs. Disconnect/reconnect the phone, and failing that delete the sync relationships and re-create new ones.
    What I'm getting at is....
    You have to pull them out of or off iTunes and directly onto the hard drive of the computer. So they are recognized as seperate entity of their own. Not requiring itunes in order to play.

Like I said that was nearly 5 yrs ago when I did that. And I remember having to do that with fhe songs I wanted off of itunes.

Apple may have tightened down since then, making that step impossible. Which I wouldn't understand why as a person paid for that music, and if your allowed to put it onto an iphone from itunes, one should be able to put it onto another device just as easily.
    12-11-15 05:25 AM
    I think he's looking for assistance from someone who has a BlackBerry. That found a away to play the audio files purchased from itunes.
    You make it sound like your playing yours on some other device.
    12-11-15 05:29 AM
    And about protected purchases. This came from apple website it's self.....

"iTunes software may be used to reproduce materials. It is licensed to you only for reproduction of non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, you should contact your legal advisor. See the*iTunes Store Terms of Service*for additional information."
    12-11-15 05:37 AM
    Op check this link out.... ....

It may help some....

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4132849?start=0
    12-11-15 05:41 AM
    I never got this working. BB Link didn't synchronize anything, never. In the case of music files it seems to expect that you use Windows Media Player - I didn't even have this crap installed, but I had some GB of music on my PC. I uninstalled BB Link and did never use it seriously. Transfer your files via USB and a file manager, this is much easier.
    12-11-15 06:18 AM
    What I'm getting at is....
    You have to pull them out of or off iTunes and directly onto the hard drive of the computer. So they are recognized as seperate entity of their own. Not requiring itunes in order to play.

Like I said that was nearly 5 yrs ago when I did that. And I remember having to do that with fhe songs I wanted off of itunes.

Apple may have tightened down since then, making that step impossible. Which I wouldn't understand why as a person paid for that music, and if your allowed to put it onto an iphone from itunes, one should be able to put it onto another device just as easily.

The only apple product I use is iTunes, and that's so I can buy music and build playlists. I find the playlist management far simpler in iTunes than I do with Windows Media Player.

iTunes media files are stored "directly on the hard drive". On a Windows PC this is usually under the <Profile Name>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music

iTunes just gives you an easy way to access your music and build playlists, among other things.

Because iTunes stores playlist and library information in an XML file accessible to 3rd party applications, BlackBerry Link is able to access the playlist and song info and sync it to the BlackBerry device.

There is no need to move song files out of iTunes in order to copy them to the phone. In fact, that's how you lose your playlist associations and you'd effectively be playing music out of folders.
    12-11-15 10:50 AM
    I think he's looking for assistance from someone who has a BlackBerry. That found a away to play the audio files purchased from itunes.
    You make it sound like your playing yours on some other device.
    I have a BlackBerry Z30 and use iTunes to purchase and manage my music. BlackBerry link shows my iTues playlists and syncs the songs to my Z30.

Purchased music: All music purchased since around April 2009 through iTunes is DRM free, meaning any device will be able to play the songs. Files still in the library that were purchased prior to that date will be protected by DRM and only playable on FairPlay enabled devices, which the BlackBerry is not.

I will say that BlackBerry Link is sometimes quite fiddly or just refuses to sync at all. This is most likely due to bugs/problems in the Link application and not the process the user is following.

Sometimes Link will see my Z30 and sync via WiFi, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I have to plug it in via USB, and even then it can be problematic. Sometimes Link won't see changes in iTunes Playlists, other times it works just fine.

In other words, It's a crapshoot.
    12-11-15 10:56 AM