I tried out Sygic and the visual presentations of the maps is the best I've seen. I would buy it after the. Day trial, but I cannot get the software to give me turn by turn verbal instructions.

For other Passport owners who've tried out navigation by Sygic, did you succeed in getting it to talk to you? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I've tried toggling between mute and not mute, but still it is silent.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 08:27 AM
    I tried out Sygic and the visual presentations of the maps is the best I've seen. I would buy it after the. Day trial, but I cannot get the software to give me turn by turn verbal instructions.

For other Passport owners who've tried out navigation by Sygic, did you succeed in getting it to talk to you? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I've tried toggling between mute and not mute, but still it is silent.

Posted via CB10
    Try navfree best map navigation in BlackBerry world

Posted via My Sexy and Bold Passport CB10
    01-02-15 08:58 AM
    I appreciate your recommending Navfree.
    However, this app is not built upon Google, Garmin, or Tom Tom maps.
    It seems to be built by end users.
    The boiler plate on the software basically says don't depend on the app for your journey.

I'd still like to hear from any Passport users whether they have Sygic up and running and can hear voice, turn by turn directions?
    01-02-15 07:58 PM
    Mireo don't Panic is in BlackBerryWorld and uses a commercial map set, either Tom Tom or Navteq. It is offline and works well. It is a native app, not Android.

Sygic seemed to be an Android App.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 08:17 PM
    Did you try the amazon app store or the play store version? I'm using it for quite a while on android and preferred the look and feel before the last major update.
    Now I managed to switch my license to my blackberry thanks to cobalt231's excellent play store work around. So I can confirm it works well on passport. Both the amazon, which I tried out before, and the android version.
    Did you already download and activate a language for voice guidance ? Did you try out an other language?
    Both, amazon and android, offer just an 7 days trial. Did you already use it before on an other phone with the same "billing" informations?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 05:04 PM
    I love Sygic on my passport, (I'm using the free version BTW), it works brilliantly, the weird thing is that it speaks ok when set to "walk", which is great to find where I parked my car or for sightseeing on foot, but it won't speak when set to "navigate by car", I'm not sure if this is a limitation as I'm using the free version or if that's just a bug.
    04-19-15 06:10 AM
    I bought the app with cobalt's Google play store app and everything works fine on my Passpaot and Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 06:26 AM
    It works fine on my Passport.
    Just check all settings, download desired voice, switch sound through phone speakers, multimedia volume, etc...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:01 AM
    I just noticed it says "upgrade to full licence to enable instructions avilable in sygic store" (yep, it does say "avilable"), yet it does speak when set to walk.. how do you go on about downloading voices I can't find that option (if I don't have it already given that I hear it when walking)
    04-19-15 07:26 AM
    In the full version go to settings/voices and notifications /voices
    Check the language you want

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:38 AM
    Sygic off Snap can't download data from Google Play so it's not usable. Amazon Store doesn't even show Sygic on my phone at least.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:08 AM
    04-19-15 08:54 AM