So I just picked up my passport and want to switch over from my Z10. I have read its easy to transfer everything over using BB Link Device switch but my question is should I activate my new sim first through telus and then do the switch or vice versa? Sorry but never switched from a micro sim to nano on my own before usually the carrier just set everything up
    10-20-14 02:39 PM
    It really doesn't matter. backing everything up through Link will take care of everything. Feel free to activate your new sim whenever
    10-20-14 02:47 PM
    Cool thanks.....does activating the new sim deactivate the old one then? I'm assuming so
    10-20-14 02:51 PM
    Cool thanks.....does activating the new sim deactivate the old one then? I'm assuming so
    Yes it does, in fact is better if you take the old Sim out of the phone before you activate the new one to avoid any issues
    10-20-14 02:52 PM
    ^^^what they said. Once you activate the new sim, you will only get calls, text, data on that activated sim
    10-20-14 03:17 PM
    Thanks guys....doing the switch now as we speak. New SIM is activated and already received a call and voivemail so look like im good to go. Hopefully the device switch goes just as smoothly!
    10-20-14 03:54 PM
    So I just picked up my passport and want to switch over from my Z10. I have read its easy to transfer everything over using BB Link Device switch but my question is should I activate my new sim first through telus and then do the switch or vice versa? Sorry but never switched from a micro sim to nano on my own before usually the carrier just set everything up
    First, congrats on your new device!

As stated, it doesn't matter whether or not you activate the nano sim first -- from a technical point of view. BUT, I'd bet you're going to want your Passport active as soon as the device switch is done. It's addictive!

BTW, be sure to use device switch in Link instead of backup/restore. Device switch is quicker, and safer since it will only migrate data and settings that are compatible on your new Passport.
    10-20-14 04:26 PM
    Link told me that I had to finish initial setup of device and would not proceed with the device switch until the Passport was setup. This requires an activated SIM in the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 04:32 PM
    Well everything is all set up now! Took a little bit but everything went smoothly and pretty much every app i had on my z10 works flawlessly.....some apps need some scaling like ciniplex and nfl mobile but they still work perfect! Installed snap and google maps again and good to go!

Posted via CB10
    Rello likes this.
    10-20-14 06:53 PM
    Well everything is all set up now! Took a little bit but everything went smoothly and pretty much every app i had on my z10 works flawlessly.....some apps need some scaling like ciniplex and nfl mobile but they still work perfect! Installed snap and google maps again and good to go!

Posted via CB10
    Glad the community could help you

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:09 PM
    Link told me that I had to finish initial setup of device and would not proceed with the device switch until the Passport was setup. This requires an activated SIM in the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I moved earverything over from z10 to pp without activating sim, just had to finish setup stuff..
    Once I finished initial setup I removed from link than activated sim.. All is working great!

I LOVE this phone!
    10-20-14 07:59 PM
    Hi. Wanting to move from the Z10 to the Passport with the least bit of problems.
    Avoid a backup of what was on the Z10?
    Start freash?
    Or other advice?
    11-03-14 03:25 PM
    I'm waiting on my PP. Can I assume that I follow the same process if I cut down my SIM for micro to nano?
    11-06-14 09:50 AM