Hello Everyone,

My last Blackberry (phone) was the Bold 9700. Since then, I have mostly used a mix of iPhones and WP's, although I did like Android back in the Gingerbread days. I was waiting for that one premium device that best defined Blackberry. The Passport was that device for me.

Not many people document their switch from WP to Blackberry, probably because there aren't many out there doing it.

Surprisingly, it was rather painless. BB has great outlook support (unsurprising) and all my contacts are in my live account. OneDrive integration was the biggest surprise, I can't believe how well it works! I did not expect a native app, and in many ways the OneDrive experience is better then that on WP. I don't want to be forced to send someone a link, I want to send a real file, this is business, not vacation photos. BB assistant is a decent replacement for Cortana, but I hope BB will just set up a deal to license Cortana in the future. (not that unlikely). Smart glass works great too!

Anybody else make the switch and feel impressed? Any tips from people who loved WP? Please share your experiences!
    03-23-15 02:51 PM
    Me too did the same pal..!!! And passport is the best ever device that I ever had.

Posted via Passport
    03-23-15 02:59 PM
    Didn't make the switch, but I do really love both the outlook.com account and OneDrive. My new tablet came with office 365 so I get a terabyte of storage for two years - I might be hooked after two years. But it seems much faster than either dropbox or box ever where when doing file transfers, and it being integrated with the native file manager is a big plus.

I was a huge fan of Google and their gmail for years - was a beta user for a long time., but MS won me back...
    03-23-15 03:05 PM
    I came to BlackBerry from a 920. Had a Z10 then and have went through all the rest. Have had my Passport since the day after launch and still love it. I use onedrive to store all my work pictures and files. Love that I can get the file and email it as well. Have two outlook emails that I use for work and personal. I do use the onedrive android app more than the native though. Works a bit faster moving files around onedrive but the app works perfect on my Passport. WP looks to have some interesting ideas coming up with the release of Windows 10. If you used the MSN apps on WP, the android versions work great on the Passport to. But I'm planning to stay with BlackBerry myself.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    03-23-15 03:50 PM
    I Came back to BlackBerry from the HTC 8X WP, and I'm not going back. Running multiple open frames is a much better process on BB10 the it ever was on WP. The Hub is a whole evolutionary step forward than the active tiles on WP.

The things I do miss are the functionality of the XBox games and music (especially when it comes to podcasts), and the ability to hear and respond to text messages verbally when I had my Bluetooth earpiece in place.
    03-23-15 04:26 PM
    I Came back to BlackBerry from the HTC 8X WP, and I'm not going back. Running multiple open frames is a much better process on BB10 the it ever was on WP. The Hub is a whole evolutionary step forward than the active tiles on WP.

The things I do miss are the functionality of the XBox games and music (especially when it comes to podcasts), and the ability to hear and respond to text messages verbally when I had my Bluetooth earpiece in place.
    Not sure if this will work for you but you might want to try the Safe Drive app in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:33 PM

Nobex Radio is a Native BB10 app that has lot of podcasts you can stream and download for offline listening

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:53 PM
    I too made the switch. Generally am enjoying BB10, but seriously missing tiles and the simple simplicity of WindowsPhone.

BlackBerry Passport, UK
    03-23-15 05:35 PM