Hi guys
    I'm new here

I own a note 4 its amazing I love every aspect of it Android L is great in it, its look and touch feels great very elegant
    but I saw the passport recently and I was like this is what I want this phone is for me
    do you guys recommend the switch
    I use almost only stock apps of the note 4(for the main stuff like email etc..) I don't use much of the google app store though I have some personal apps that I use

I have big hands so normally big phones suits me
    do you recommend me do switch from my note 4 (my amazing note 4 ) to the amazing passport (which I only saw it on screen till now ) or what do you think ?
    is there a new passport coming up anytime soon like passport 2 etc

thanks for helping
    remember I'm new here treat me nice :
    08-06-15 02:35 PM
    get PP silver edition, I love mine since first day it came out.
    ayman tawil likes this.
    08-06-15 02:39 PM
    I have had several notes, and I liked them, but I didn't find I really used the stylus enough to warrant having it, and I have found it is far easier and more accurate to use the keyboard on the passport. I am sure that I was not using the stylus in any of the passports to the extent that they could have been used, but in truth I often found them to be more in the way. I personally do a lot of reading on my phones, and without question the dimensions of the passport make this much easier, than did the note. Love the capacitive keyboard! To each his own, but I have not regretted once making the change.
    ayman tawil likes this.
    08-06-15 02:53 PM
    its look pretty premium I love black color more but one always aim for the newest release
    08-06-15 03:05 PM
    Hmm...Note stylus versus BlackBerry keyboard...only you can know the answer to that.

I would say you will probably be very pleased with the Hub/notification system on the PP, as well as the ability to really rock and roll with a qwerty keyboard. The browser is nice, but it is nice on the Note as well, I'm guessing. Camera on the Passport is okay, not bad, but generally not in keeping with the market. Build quality is outstanding. Security...best available.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 03:12 PM
    I just switched from the note 3 to the passport and I'm loving the change. This device definitely fits my needs more and the hub is unreal for productivity and whatnot.

I was the same as you in mainly using the default apps but the passport does everything better in regards to email etc in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 03:15 PM
    I got myself a Note Edge (which essentially is a Note 4) because I got fed up with BlackBerry. I also owned a Passport for more than half a year, so I guess I can compare both phones.

The Passport is better in several key aspects. Battery life alone my Passport would blow the Note out of the water, the difference is night and day. With the Passport I never carry a powerpack with me, with the Note that is essential.
    The screen is different. It is better for documents and browsing IMHO, yet of course fails when it comes to multimedia stuff like videos and games.
    The keyboard is much, much better than any keyboard app I've tried yet on my Note. However I am a huge fan of physical keyboards, so I am heavily biased here
    I find the Passport, as well as all other BB10 devices I've owned, really excel in communications and efficiency. Mails and messages are great on BB10 thanks to the Hub. In comparison to Samsungs own combined mail inbox, the Hub is a completely new level. As is multitasking, which is IMHO *much* better realised on BB10 than it is on Android.

Taking a look at the Note of course it shines in terms of apps, thanks to the huge Android library. If you like to customise your phone's UI, Android is also miles ahead of BB10. In terms of entertainment like videos and games it also blows the Passport out of the water.
    The S-Pen is a nice thing which I actually use quite often for quick note taking and some scribling on photos and documents. I really wish BlackBerry could release a similar stylus for a future Passport.

Since you said you don't use the Google Play Store much anyways, I guess you aren't much of an app freak. Which is a good thing if you are considering getting a BB10 device. All basics are covered very well with built-in native apps and there are some decent native 3rd party apps for a lot of other situations.
    A Passport 2 is not on the horizon at the moment, we got the Silver Edition released just now, but it shares the same features with the original Passport. There is a slider coming out later this year, not much is known about the device though.

Oh a word of sizes: The Note is much taller, the Passport is much wider. I find the Note easier to hold, however neither device is IMHO suited for one-handed use. Both devices feel great, also the Passport sure feels sturdier.

Posted via CB10
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    08-06-15 03:38 PM
    I have a Note 4, and have already ordered the Silver Passport. I don't use the stylus as much as I had thought I would. But the main reasons for switching is:
    1. I miss the BB10 OS. I had a Z10 for two years before switching to the Note 4, and there is no comparison in the speed and usability of the BB. I've had Iphones and Androids, and the BB10 OS is fantastic.
    2. The Note 4 is laggy. My Z10 was snappier than my Note 4.
    3. The Hub. Once you get used to it, you can't use anything else.
    4. The Silver Edition Passport is just too damb sexy to pass up.
    My Passport will be here tomorrow.
    08-06-15 04:33 PM
    Hi guys
    I'm new here

I own a note 4 its amazing I love every aspect of it Android L is great in it, its look and touch feels great very elegant
    but I saw the passport recently and I was like this is what I want this phone is for me
    do you guys recommend the switch
    I use almost only stock apps of the note 4(for the main stuff like email etc..) I don't use much of the google app store though I have some personal apps that I use

I have big hands so normally big phones suits me
    do you recommend me do switch from my note 4 (my amazing note 4 ) to the amazing passport (which I only saw it on screen till now ) or what do you think ?
    is there a new passport coming up anytime soon like passport 2 etc

thanks for helping
    remember I'm new here treat me nice :
    I actually came from a Note 4 as well... my advice would be to get the PP and dont look back. Get the android play store loaded on there, give it a few weeks to get used to, by then the only question you'll be asking yourself is why you didn't do it sooner.

Posted via CB10
    ayman tawil likes this.
    08-06-15 04:45 PM
    You should go with the passport can't go wrong

Posted via CB10
    ayman tawil likes this.
    08-06-15 04:47 PM
    I owned a a note 2 3 and now 4 the stylus on is great but come to think of it I will never use it to write something eventually its irritating to use ur phone as a notebook the action memo is nice but u can do its actions much faster without it . I love the stylus esp on note 4 its like you have a genuine mouse for your phone and it adapts well with the Samsung stock apps and I like it but come to think of it the primary reason for the stylus is to take note and I didn't find writing on the phone a pleasant experience and the smart select option is nice but over all I think the keyboard of the passport will suit me better
    08-06-15 05:08 PM
    I have the same thoughts as you
    08-06-15 05:10 PM
    I got myself a Note Edge (which essentially is a Note 4) because I got fed up with BlackBerry. I also owned a Passport for more than half a year, so I guess I can compare both phones.

The Passport is better in several key aspects. Battery life alone my Passport would blow the Note out of the water, the difference is night and day. With the Passport I never carry a powerpack with me, with the Note that is essential.
    The screen is different. It is better for documents and browsing IMHO, yet of course fails when it comes to multimedia stuff like videos and games.
    The keyboard is much, much better than any keyboard app I've tried yet on my Note. However I am a huge fan of physical keyboards, so I am heavily biased here
    I find the Passport, as well as all other BB10 devices I've owned, really excel in communications and efficiency. Mails and messages are great on BB10 thanks to the Hub. In comparison to Samsungs own combined mail inbox, the Hub is a completely new level. As is multitasking, which is IMHO *much* better realised on BB10 than it is on Android.

Taking a look at the Note of course it shines in terms of apps, thanks to the huge Android library. If you like to customise your phone's UI, Android is also miles ahead of BB10. In terms of entertainment like videos and games it also blows the Passport out of the water.
    The S-Pen is a nice thing which I actually use quite often for quick note taking and some scribling on photos and documents. I really wish BlackBerry could release a similar stylus for a future Passport.

Since you said you don't use the Google Play Store much anyways, I guess you aren't much of an app freak. Which is a good thing if you are considering getting a BB10 device. All basics are covered very well with built-in native apps and there are some decent native 3rd party apps for a lot of other situations.
    A Passport 2 is not on the horizon at the moment, we got the Silver Edition released just now, but it shares the same features with the original Passport. There is a slider coming out later this year, not much is known about the device though.

Oh a word of sizes: The Note is much taller, the Passport is much wider. I find the Note easier to hold, however neither device is IMHO suited for one-handed use. Both devices feel great, also the Passport sure feels sturdier.

Posted via CB10
    thanks for this explanation
    so now after have used both phones move tastes a side what do you think which phone is better ?
    08-06-15 05:12 PM
    I have a Note 4, and have already ordered the Silver Passport. I don't use the stylus as much as I had thought I would. But the main reasons for switching is:
    1. I miss the BB10 OS. I had a Z10 for two years before switching to the Note 4, and there is no comparison in the speed and usability of the BB. I've had Iphones and Androids, and the BB10 OS is fantastic.
    2. The Note 4 is laggy. My Z10 was snappier than my Note 4.
    3. The Hub. Once you get used to it, you can't use anything else.
    4. The Silver Edition Passport is just too damb sexy to pass up.
    My Passport will be here tomorrow.
    what about the slider wont u consider it ?
    08-06-15 05:13 PM
    The passport is like no other machine it's the best phone as far as productivity and a little fun. And you'll love the battery life

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 05:49 PM
    Some moron at att support actually bragged about his note 4 pos while I was reporting 2g performance on a 4g broken network. Way to go att your saving money more ways than one and sending it to Mexico. Maybe Trump can fix bad company's like you.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    08-06-15 05:53 PM
    I have a Note 3 and a Note 4, i haven't used either since January when I got my first Passport.
    JREwing, conductive and moosbb like this.
    08-06-15 06:23 PM
    thanks for this explanation
    so now after have used both phones move tastes a side what do you think which phone is better ?
    For my use I'd rather go with the Passport after all.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 07:21 PM
    Both are great phones in my opinion, but if the passport has sparked your interest, then I say you give it a try!
    08-06-15 07:26 PM
    You will find that navigating on a Passport is quicker and easier plus it's a great communication device. Get ready for an awesome physical keyboard experience, spell check is far superior on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 07:41 PM
    Formerly a iPhone and Samsung user. Just love my PP...

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:43 PM
    BlackBerry Passport, of course. The silver one if you could manage it.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    08-06-15 10:44 PM
    Almost same with me but on last September 2014 I got my black BlackBerry Passport (first edition) but then I switch to note 4 (I know guys), and now since last month I switch back to BlackBerry Passport but using new white BlackBerry Passport (I know I should get the silver one but I can't resist the white...lol)
    And this new white BlackBerry Passport is a something new, I mean there are must be some improvement since my first edition of BlackBerry Passport (black) everything feels more robust and solid.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 02:59 AM
    thanks guys
    08-07-15 05:46 AM
    I had the note 4 and I never liked or enjoyed TouchWiz and I did switch from Note 4 to passport however here are the things that I don't like about the passport

Bad
    1. I miss watching proper video or youtube. Due to the square screen watching anything like movies or pictures is a pain.
    2. Linkedin app doesn't work properly and almost no notifications unless you check manually
    3. Twitter app doesn't work the way it should and again the app doesn't provide any notification
    4. Any android app that I downloaded from amazon or other sources never felt or optimized for BlackBerry. Like FotMob, instagram, ...etc.

Good
    1. Keyboard
    2. Hub
    3. Emails
    4. Browsing the net. The square screen is much nicer when it comes to browsing.
    5. Speakers is wow

If I had another choice I wouldn't go for the passport I would go for Z30 or wait for something new. As a result I have decided to get a Nexus 6 for personal use and keep passport for emailing and business.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 05:58 AM
37 12