Wondering if anyone is doing this on a regular basis and if it's feasible?

- use a micro-to-nano Sim adapter to pop in and out of both phones.
    - set up mirror email, Facebook etc... accounts on both.
    - each time you switch, enabling BBM for that device's pin (using the same bbid)?

I imagine emails will continue to be received by both devices over WiFi? (my work account is Google-based with 2-step authentication, but not a "Workspace" account).
    BBM would only come to one device at a time, which would be perfect for me.

Only thing I can think of, is text message history going out of sync.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:37 PM
    I did that between my Q and Z but I sold them all for my passport. The only thing is like you said, the text messages wouldn't sync to both devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:43 PM
    Was the BBM constant switch an issue? Or was it seamless?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:53 PM
    11-01-14 01:57 PM
    I use to do this with my Note 3 and Q5 until I got the passport.
    No problems switching my BBID. Contacts, groups, channels would all switch back and forth.
    One thing I would like to see BBM add is the ability to save conversations between devices. I hated switching back and forth and not having the conversation. Having to start over sucked...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-01-14 01:57 PM
    For BBM do a backup to maintain your chat histories... and obviously you have to be using the same BBID and try to ensure you on same OS or it may have compatibility issues, it happened to me with the contacts app.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-01-14 01:58 PM
    I dunno if I would want to do this - The Passport's sim card readers seems to be pretty fragile - I have fu*ked up 2 Passports sim card readers by switching back and forth but luckily for me they were both replaced under warranty and now I'm afraid to take the sim card out again. LOL
    11-01-14 02:04 PM
    Why would anyone with a Passport want to use their Z30? - Just curious
    11-01-14 02:13 PM
    I want to use PP as my work device but have to wait 3 months to unlock. In meantime I needed a nanosim for Passport with my personal cell phone number.

And I may want to switch between the two for work and personal from time to time (once PP is unlocked)
    11-01-14 02:26 PM
    Why would anyone with a Passport want to use their Z30? - Just curious
    More convenient form factor to grab, hold, putting in & out of pocket, easier typing when lying in bed, larger/better video watching.
    Jakob Greve and zyad like this.
    11-01-14 02:51 PM
    I would like to switch out my SIM too. I mean, the passport has a non-removable battery so if it were to die I'd like to be able to pop the SIM into my Q10 but now this seems like a big headache. A lot more than it needs to be.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-01-14 03:02 PM
    Was the BBM constant switch an issue? Or was it seamless?

Posted via CB10
    Issue.
    I'm doing the switch from Z30 to PP and back on a weekly basis, and BBM is a constant source for trouble.
    Last time, my name suddenly showed twice in my BBM groups, one as existing member, and one as 'to be invited'.
    I was the admin in both groups, but not any longer after the switch. None of the other members became admin (except much later, but this is a different story). So nobody could delete me as a double user. Messages sent to one of the 2 users ended in nowhere.
    HOurs later, suddenly the next group member (apparently in alphabetical order) became admin, and succeeded in deleting my 2nd ID. THis did not work for other group memebers. I had to leave the group (my own group!), ask for getting re-invited, and then re-join. Then everything was clean again.

There are other minor issues that occur to me in BBM after each switch, but this was by far the worst. I think that constant switching was not something the BBM designers were prepared for originally. None of the issues are impossible to overcome, but they are nasty.

Other than that, constantly switching between 2 BB10 devices is not really a big deal.
    11-01-14 03:03 PM
    I would like to switch out my SIM too. I mean, the passport has a non-removable battery so if it were to die I'd like to be able to pop the SIM into my Q10 but now this seems like a big headache. A lot more than it needs to be.

You need the smaller Nanosim that fits in the blackberry PP and can use a Nano to MicroSim adapter to use the nanosim in your Q10. That's what I do with my PP and Z30.
    11-01-14 11:25 PM

I did. And I almost bricked my Z10 in the process. But see my comment on that site.
    11-02-14 12:24 AM
    You need the smaller Nanosim that fits in the blackberry PP and can use a Nano to MicroSim adapter to use the nanosim in your Q10. That's what I do with my PP and Z30.
    I heard the adapter can break the SIM tray. If not. I'm all in!

11-02-14 05:14 AM
    These adapters make the sim become a tad thicker. I had no big problems to put a nano sim plus adapter into a Z30, although sliding it in didn't go as smooth as with a native micro sim. But when taking it out again, I had to develop a certain technique, and had to use a tiny screwdriver. The card somehow got stuck and didn't eject. My Z30 now survived about 7 or 8 adapter removals, but I would not do that too often.
    11-02-14 05:28 AM
    If you are going to use an adapter, make sure to get a good one. There are cheap ones out there that will do more harm than good.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    geekaren likes this.
    11-02-14 05:36 AM
    If you are going to use an adapter, make sure to get a good one. There are cheap ones out there that will do more harm than good.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Are there any that you would recommend?

Are there any that you would suggest to stay away from?

11-02-14 05:43 AM
    Are there any that you would recommend?

Are there any that you would suggest to stay away from?

I bought one made by Sadapter, which is pretty solid. It was actually a three-pack with different size adapters to cover all conversions.

I would stay away from the cheap ones you can buy at some carrier stores and online. I've never tried them myself, but have heard horror stories...

Posted via BBCB10PP
    11-02-14 10:10 AM

The first adapter I used (see video - black adapter) may cause issue even with sim card in it. However I bought "better" adapter with a solid backing and when the nanosim sits in it, it is quite flush and I have had no issues so far. But I guess each person does so at their own risk.
    11-02-14 12:12 PM
    I bought one made by Sadapter, which is pretty solid. It was actually a three-pack with different size adapters to cover all conversions.

I would stay away from the cheap ones you can buy at some carrier stores and online. I've never tried them myself, but have heard horror stories...

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Same here had 3 pack of all different sizes but name doesn't ring a bell. I will check to confirm name of adapter I am using. Does yours have a solid backing on the bottom side?
    11-02-14 12:14 PM
    Nah. The Sadapter brand ones are rigid with a cut-out for the type of SIM you are inserting. They are measured very precisely, so there is not much chance of the spring pins getting caught (aside from inserting it without the nano-SIM in it). There are ridges on the top side that ensure the SIM will stay in place, but no full backing.

I think I looked at some made by Noosy (sp) as well, and they were white with a backing over one side of the SIM cut-out.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    11-02-14 01:16 PM
    does anyone know if you are able to keep both sims in the phone (nano in passport and micro in z30), but only activate one sim card at a time? this way you eliminate the risk of using a sim adapter
    11-02-14 01:28 PM
    I have both.

Just use the sim adapter.

You sign into BBM on the phone you're switching into, you just click BBM and it brings up this screen, and you switch over.

Switching Devices Back and forth (Z30 and Passport)-img_20141102_113302.jpg

As far as your emails and facebook, you'll still receive everything on the device you're not using as long as it's connected to WiFi. I'm on my Passport now, so I keep my Z30 off, but when I turn it on, everything comes in.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:34 PM
    does anyone know if you are able to keep both sims in the phone (nano in passport and micro in z30), but only activate one sim card at a time? this way you eliminate the risk of using a sim adapter
    My micro is still in my Z30, but it says it's not provisioned. The T-Mobile clerk said it won't work anymore.

There might be a way to provision it again, but it would be a hassle and it would involve calling your carrier or something every time you wanted to switch phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:36 PM
28 12