Hello Passport users,

I am thinking about getting a passport, since ill get a brand new one for 250$ ( from my friend) so my only concern is the typing with that thing,

I mean with a 1 hand I can type with a classic, but the passport obviously u cant,

And even with 2 hands, the keyboard looks uncomfortable, has anybody found it difficult to type with the passport? Specially the alt key isnt there, and the width is really big!

Is it worth going from classic to passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 04:01 AM
    Go for it!
    10-08-15 04:43 AM
    The passport keyboard isn't difficult it's just wide but you will get used to that I went from q10 to passport and I'm glad I did!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 05:24 AM
    Honestly you will love it, using the keyboard is so easy, everyday I feel like I have a new phone, plus the screen is so clear and crisp, get it now while you can for that price.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 06:52 AM
    I prefer to type on my passport over my Q10 personally...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 06:55 AM
    Thank u all,

What about a 1 hand use? Is it possible to use it with 1 hand or u must have 2 hands?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 07:07 AM

I mean with a 1 hand I can type with a classic, but the passport obviously u cant,

And even with 2 hands, the keyboard looks uncomfortable, has anybody found it difficult to type with the passport? Specially the alt key isnt there, and the width is really big!

Is it worth going from classic to passport?

Posted via CB10
    I can type with one hand on my Passport. It's slower but can be done.

The Passport keyboard is pretty fast. The virtual row of keys actually makes typing faster because you do not have to press Alt prior to selecting the symbols found on the virtual row. As well, swiping down to toggle between all the symbols is easy and become intuitive. And of course, deleting a word by swiping to the left on the Passport makes editing a breeze.

I alternate with my Classic and Passport. I only use the Classic for its size as it simply fits into my pants better. The Passport is a workhorse and you won't regret upgrading to it.

Posted via my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-08-15 07:24 AM
    Hi there!
    Funnily enough I was in the same position last week and done a similar thread lol!

I got my Passport SE Edition yesterday from a year-long Classic user and I have to say it excels over the Classic in every way - I would admit it still takes a lot of getting used to it (especially after using a trackpad for so long) but I can 'feel' that I'll get used to it over time

You'll be surprised on how smoother and faster the BBOS is compared to the Classic (especially with the Assistant/Search function)

The screensize as well is a massive plus - as I can now see 8-10 messages in the Hub...compared to the 4-5 on the Classic

Posted via BlackBerry Classic / BBM PIN 2BF3EF46
    10-08-15 08:09 AM
    Forgot to mention - typing is very tricky to begin with compared to the Classic however it may be something that can be improved over time personally...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE UK / Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM PIN 2BF3EF46
    10-08-15 08:12 AM
    Go for it if it costs you only $250.

Passport is definitely a lot better than Classic in every way.

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    10-08-15 08:35 AM
    One hand typing is difficult on the Passport. Two thumb typing is superb.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:33 AM
    Get the Passport, you won't regret it. The extra power alone is worth the switch.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    10-08-15 09:46 AM
    I'd say it's very worth it. I have both devices and, like another user had said, the only reason to hang onto the Classic Is because it is more 'pocketable'.

The typing experience on the Passport is awesome once you get used to it. I don't think one-handed use is really all that possible but I suppose it depends on how you are planning to use it (and how big your hands are). For browsing and reading content, one-handed use is fine. For typing, you're going to want to use both hands and you will want to practice a lot to get used to the new keyboard layout.
    10-08-15 09:51 AM
    You get used to the two hand typing and the alternative for the alt key. You'll love it, just give it some time, in the meanwhile, don't think about it too much.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:52 AM
    Such a good deal. You're definitely receiving a buddy price.
    Took me about 3 days to become proficient with the Passport keyboard and it was my first PKB device.
    I'm not too sure how you'll find the typing speed and accuracy compared to the Classic, but I was definitely able to type faster on the Z30.
    However, I do enjoy typing on the Passport. You can throw any ideas about one-handed use out the window other than simple browsing/reading.
    10-08-15 02:53 PM
    Well, thank you all for the reply , ill go for it, and I 4got to mention its the red pp, I think its the sexiest color on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 05:42 PM
    Well, thank you all for the reply , ill go for it, and I 4got to mention its the red pp, I think its the sexiest color on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    You definitely got a skookum deal!!! Enjoy!!!
    10-08-15 06:32 PM
    Heck of a deal! Get it, you will not regret it

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 06:45 PM
    I switched from a Q10 to a Classic to OG Passport to Classic to SE Passport. SE Passport keyboard is the best. Passport handles BB10 the best and Android apps fly on the Passport. Classic size is the only plus and once used to Passport, Classic feels cramped and underpowered.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 07:56 PM
    Use daily a Classic and a Passport.

One for work (classic), the Passport for personal use.

The Passport is the best in hardware and nearly every aspect but for practical use Classic wins.

So at least I see myself using the Classic more than the Passport.

For sure this is the consequence of using 9900 for 4 years.

If I had to use 1 device I would force myself and pick the PP.

Regards

Regards
    10-09-15 04:46 AM
    I have a Classic and was just talking to my brother-in-law, who moved from a Q10 to a Passport, which is required for his job. He found the size a bit daunting, but has bought a fancy case that doubles as a wallet, so now he has ditched the wallet. He finds the Passport spectacular for dealing with spreadsheets (works for a bank).
    10-13-15 02:59 PM